Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Whippy Alder Wand with Fairy Wing Core
In a strange way, Connor didn't think he had ever been so nervous about a Quidditch match before. Sure, there was no chance now for Hufflepuff to win the cup, but he was playing against his boyfriend. He didn't really know how they were going to balance that, but it wasn't going to stop him putting in the best effort he could. He had decided to take a morning to himself to practice, bat firm in his hands as he alternated between summoning and striking a tennis ball he was using for practice, trying to hit a target across the pitch from him. It had always been strange playing against friends, but this felt so different. How would it feel, looking at Nikko as an enemy? He didn't really want to think about it, focusing on the easy swing of his bat.

Nikko wondered what higher power he had ticked off to get stuck playing the first quidditch game of the semester again. It left him next to no time to practice and constantly in the kitchen baking things to destress. But at least he had someone to give the treats to. He still couldn't believe he had a boyfriend. Everything that had happened over the holiday had felt like a dream but he was so relieved when he got back to school and things felt like they had just picked up where they left off. Nikko's face lit up when he spotted Connor also on the pitch. "Hey!" he called out before jogging up to meet him. "Getting some extra practice in?" he asked and looped an arm around the other boy's shoulders, but not before leaning down to give Connor a quick kiss on the cheek.

Already thinking about his boyfriend, Connor thought for a split second that he was imagining Nikko's voice. But no, he was here in the flesh and Connor beamed, lowering his bat to hug Nikko as he approached, cheeks flushing at the kiss. "Yep!" He said cheerfully, turning his head slightly to give Nikko a quick peck on the lips. "I know Elliot's good enough to win on his own, but I wanna get as many hits in as I can."

Nikko was momentarily stunned as Connor kissed him back and had to quickly catch up to what they were even talking about. "Yeah? Well I know Flynn has been working hard too. He's kind of intense about it actually." he said with a small laugh before the reality of the situation started to dawn on him. The fact that Connor and him were on different teams didn't really bother him but it was different when they were just friends. Now they were dating at it was going to be a lot weirder to basically root against each other. "But I guess well just have to see how it goes." he said with a shrug.

Connor snorted slightly as Nikko talked about Flynn practicing, unable to help the noise though he felt a bit guilty about it afterwards. "I mean, yeah, but we've got Elliot. He's the best seeker in the school, easy. Like, Flynn can try his best, but everyone knows Elliot's gonna win." He shrugged slightly, swinging the bat idly in his hand.

Nikko shot Connor a curious look as he laughed at his comment about Flynn. He didn't think what he said was particularly funny. He crossed his arms as Connor explained himself and let out a chuckle himself. "I mean Blake Irons is technically the best since he's one so many times." he pointed out. He had covered the games long enough for the Monthly to remember, and he was trying to be objective. "I don't think Elliot is a bad seeker." he added quickly. "But when exactly was the last time Hufflepuff won?" Nikko asked before he could think better of it. Gryffindor hadn't had a great season this year but he didn't like the way Connor was talking about Flynn, who was pushed into a starting position before he was really ready.

Connor rolled his eyes at Nikko's comment about Blake Irons, pulling a face. "Bluh, don't even talk about Blake, he's so cocky, it's obnoxious." He sighed, trying not to think about the Slytherin team and their giant egos. It was almost preferable to the conversation they were having though, and he frowned as Nikko went on, continuing to backhandedly insult Elliot. "Elliot's a great seeker, you should see him in practice!" He said firmly. "He's just had bad luck in matches, but that can't last forever!" He insisted.

Nikko laughed a little at the face Connor made. Even then he still looked cute. "Sorry sorry." he said with another laugh and held up his hands. "I don't doubt that." he admitted with a shrug. He had never really talked to Blake but he had heard enough about him to know it was probably for the best. "I don't doubt that either." he said quickly, frowning as he noticed Connor getting upset with him. "But practice only counts so much. You can't deny actual games and results." Nikko insisted for some reason he couldn't even figure out. He knew he should just drop it and agree but there was something about Connor's insistence that made him want the Hufflepuff to understand him and where he was coming from.

Connor couldn't push down the frustration bubbling up in him as Nikko just wouldn't drop the subject, as much as he didn't want to drop it from his own side. "Elliot's had bad luck, I said!" He said firmly. "He's a really good seeker, the games don't show how good he is! If someone's great in class but bad at exams do you say they're stupid?" It was a clumsy analogy, but Connor could feel himself getting heated in the pursuit of defending Elliot.

Nikko turned to face Connor head on and held up his hands. "Ok?" he said more as a question then any kind of agreement. He tried to search his boyfriend's expression for some kind of clue as to what was really going on. Apparently he has struck a nerve and he wasn't sure what was even happening. "You're putting words in my mouth." Nikko said defensively. "I never said Elliot was stupid...or a bad seeker." he stammered, getting a little lost in the analogy the other boy used. "What's going on?" he asked finally, not wanting to get even more confused then he already was. He thought about reaching out to touch Connor's arm but he was wary of what his reaction would be like so he stayed still. "Is there something wrong?"

Connor's heart sank as Nikko spoke, but he couldn't quite bring himself to calm down. Nikko was saying he hadn't said Elliot was a bad seeker - which had been his whole point! He rubbed his eyes in frustration, trying to calm down and find the words. "It's just, it's like you're so insistent on saying we're a crap team! We work so hard, and Elliot's such a good seeker, we're a really good team! We've just had bad luck, and it sucks that you're just coming in here like, ha ha Hufflepuff never win, they're a crap Quidditch team and Gryffindor is so great, we win actual games, it sucks!"

Nikko stood there frozen as Connor blew up at him, again. "I didn't say that!" he nearly yelled, raising his voice for the first time. Connor was twisting his words and it wasn't fair. He took a deep breath and tried to remain calm but he was starting to feel awful when he hadn't even done anything wrong. Nikko wanted to mention that Gryffindor hadn't exactly won a game in a while either but his own pride kept his mouth shut. Besides he was starting to get angry now. Connor was being ridiculous and he wasn't sure how to defend himself to someone who wasn't listening. "You're just hearing what you want to hear to make yourself feel better about being mad at me or something!" Nikko stammered. "If you're just going to make up things I've said why am I even here!" he added, nearly yelling again. He was so mad and hurt that Connor was acting like this all hope of practicing were gone.

Connor had been trying to calm his tone, trying to defuse the situation, and he actually flinched when Nikko yelled at him out of nowhere, all attempts to calm himself down gone out the window. "I didn't make anything up!" He snapped back at Nikko. "You're the one who was talking crap about Hufflepuff! If we're so terrible maybe you should go." He paused for a moment, bitter tears welling up as the next words escaped him entirely. "And don't bother coming back. You're a jerk. We're done."

Nikko stood there frozen. How had things gone so sideways so fast? "You're being ridiculous." he stammered. He was at a lose for words now. Connor was being completely unfair and he wanted to argue but he was starting to think it wouldn't make a difference. Nikko sucked in a breath when he said he should leave. Part of him wanted to argue and get mad. He had every right to practice if he wanted to. But Connor's next words took the fight out of him. "W-what?" he choked out and blinked rapidly. Nikko took a step back and swallowed hard as the reality of the situation really sunk in. With out another word and before he could break down completely, he turned on his heel and left the pitch in a rush keeping his head down the entire time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back