OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 13 Inch Flexible Maple Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Santiago had never been much of a morning person. But at least back home he didn't have much of a choice when he got up since he had to leave when his dad did if he wanted a ride to school. At Hogwarts it was totally different. It was far too easy to roll over and go back to sleep once the rest of his roommates started to get up and he had almost been late to a few of his lessons already. Not that he really cared but it was a little embarrassing to be the only one running down the corridor to make it to class on time. It was going to take him some time and getting over his aversion to coffee and tea if he ever wanted to be a morning person. Or just a person who didn't have to run to class. He had made it down to the great hall for breakfast finally and he was trying to enjoy taking his time for once. But his arms hadn't fully woken up yet and as he reached for a pitcher of orange juice he accidently knocked over someone else's drink in the process. "Sorry!" he said and quickly started to look for something to clean up the mess with.

Riley was sitting at the Gryffindor House table and enjoyed her breakfast. Breakfast was the most important time of the day since it gave you the energy to start. Riley always took time to eat something and today she had opted to go with eggs and some pieces of bacon. A cup of earl-grey tea was sitting in front of her on table. She was busy with cleaning the lens of her camera, when she was disturbed by another Gryffindor that accidentally pushed orange juice into her freshly made tea. ''Guess, my tea missed some orange juice today.'' Riley grinned. Making sure no juice had touched her camera. ''You okay?'' She asked the boy that had knocked over the pitcher.

Santiago was too busy trying to clean up his mess to respond to the girl that was sitting next to him, even if he had ruined her tea. "Yeah." he said sharply when she asked if he was ok. But sighed a moment later. Just because he was grumpy didn't mean he had to take it out on everyone else. He could practically hear his grandmother scolding him. He relaxed some of the tension in his shoulders, just slightly. "I'm ok." he said in a more normal voice. "Just tired. I can barely sleep here." he grumbled. It was mostly true. His own sleep habits were a problem but it was only made worse by dealing with the other boys, some of which did in fact snore.

Riley wondered what the reason was behind the boy's grouchiness. I am Hogwarts wasn't that awful and the food wasn't bad either. Soon the grouch explained himself. ''Busy dorm?'' Riley asked while dumping her tea out in one of the waste bins that were on the table. ''There aren't a lot of first year Gryffindor girls, so its pretty quiet there'' Riley wasn't phased easily and she mostly didn't care about grouchy people. ''I brought some ear plugs with me, I can share if you want?'' Somehow Riley her dad had a lot of rowdy housemates back in the day and he had demanded she would bring some plugs to snuff out the snoring sounds and such.

Santiago figured he had done a good enough job cleaning and poured himself some juice of his own and took a sip. He shrugged when she asked if his dorm was busy. He wasn't sure what was normal around here. But he frowned slightly when she seemed to brag about how quite her dorm was. "Aren't you lucky." he sighed and served himself some food too. He took a couple bites and considered her offer of earplugs. It might help his situation but it also seemed like admitting defeat. He just needed to hurry up and learn a silencing charm so he could cast it on anyone who snored. But he chewed and used that time to think. "If you're not going to miss them." he said with another shrug, not willing to outright ask for them.

Riley hadn't intended to brag about how quiet the girls dorm was. She was merely stating the fact that there weren't as many Gryffindor girls. She decided that replying to his statement had no use and thus she decided to ignore the comment. ''Nah, I have plenty.'' Riley said ''I can give you some tonight in our dorm.'' She added quickly. Riley looked at her plate and took a bite of the muffin. Most people brought their pet to Hogwarts and the dorm was flooded with a bunch of cats, toads and puffskeins. ''I wonder what happens to kids that are allergic to pets, there are so many pets in the dorm.'' Riley mused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back