RP Recruitment Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea McKinley

OOC First Name
Just call me Dre
Wand
Coconut, 14 1/4", Essence of Stardust
I think that it would be a beneficial thing for our site to have an RP recruitment center of some kind. Several other boards I've been on have had them, and they've proven very helpful.

Just in case anyone's foggy on what exactly I'm talking about, this is what I mean: An RP recruitment area would be a subforum (most likely of the OOC section) where members post ads for their threads (only threads on HNZ) to attract new members. RPers who want something to do can peruse that section to find a new thread to join, or post their own thread to ask members to join them in creating a thread. The creators of either kind of thread can list any requirements their thread has for new members as well.

With this type of system in place, new threads are more likely to get members and older threads are less likely to die.

What do you guys think?

That sounds like something this forum already serves the function of: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/forum/40025/

Also: I fail to see how an RP thread can necessarily "die". Many have a singular purpose: plot/character development. Once the plot is done the thread is concluded.

Dying as in people drifting off to their own worlds and the thread going inactive :p That's what happens to most RP threads, from what I've seen. Not necessarily here, but on most boards I've been to.

Thanks for that link though, I didn't realize that you could use that forum for that. I thought it was for the purpose of planning threads that had already been created.

Andrea McKinley said:
Thanks for that link though, I didn't realize that you could use that forum for that. I thought it was for the purpose of planning threads that had already been created.
Nope. ^_^
Many look for people to roleplay with before threads are created, and I have no problem with it being used for what you've described, since it often is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back