Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Straight 13 1/2 Inch Rigid Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Natalia knew her costume was a little basic, but she at least felt pretty in it. She tried to enjoy her final Halloween at Hogwarts, even if she kept thinking about her sister. Did they even celebrate Halloween at Durmstrang? Somehow, she doubted it. Natalia grabbed a drink and took a sip, looking around the room. She felt old, looking at all the younger students having fun. Even when she had been younger, she never had that much fun at these events. Had she wasted her childhood? That was a depressing thought. She sighed, taking another sip of her drink. She should check out some of the Halloween things, but it felt a little pathetic to do it by herself.

Indi didn't care much for Halloween or most holidays. She thought dressing up was a bit juvenile but she could see the appeal for some people who needed the escape from reality or whatever. Thankfully she had the forethought to try and find something before coming to school and lucked out at a costume shop near her house. It was discounted and it was probably because it was kind of ugly but it was costume. It was her last Halloween feast and even if she wasn't the biggest fan she didn't want to pass up the experience. After all she was head girl and needed to make a good impression or something. Although she had the title already, maybe the time for bothering with impressions was over. "You look regal." Indi said sarcastically when she saw Natalia in a fancy gown and tiara. "Did you just have one of those lying around?" she joked.

Salem's progress across the hall had been severely hampered by her willingness to pretend to be kidnapped by herself at the drop of a hat, skittering into a dramatic run as she pretended to be dragged across the floor, but she did eventually make it to where she'd seen Natalia and Indi chatting, taking gulps of air to catch her breath. "Hey guys," she said between pants, straightening back up as she got her breath back. She couldn't help but notice the slight disparity once again between her costume and what Indi and Natalia were wearing, feeling a pang and hoping Natalia didn't think she looked stupid.

Stuff like this was exactly why she'd asked Indi for help dressing up. Natalia had managed to look so poised and together even in costume and while Salem loved her silly outfit, it felt childish next to the other two and she found herself straightening her costume self-consciously. "Do you wanna check out the tent? I wanna know what's making all the noise in there," she offered, keen for the distraction from standing around second guessing herself. And maybe if the tent proved scary she could hold Natalia (or Indi's) hand.

Natalia still braced herself when Indi approached her, though she chastised herself for it quietly. As strange as their truce was, it seemed to be lasting. “Thank you.” She said, smoothing down the dress. She blushed a bit at Indi’s joke. “I had to buy the tiara.” She admitted. “The dress I already had…” She trailed off, wondering if she was making an idiot of herself. Her heart did a little jump when Salem showed up too, she laughed slightly at the Gryffindor’s appearance. “I like your costume.” She said, amused. She glanced at Indi, not sure if the offer was for them both or just for her. She hesitated. “I wouldn’t mind.” She said cautiously.

Indi grinned and had to hold down a laugh as Natalia earnestly answered her question. Deep down she still wanted to believe that Natalia just had a tiara lying around. "Right." she said dryly but before she could say anything else Salem joined them and this time she did laugh. "You look ridiculous." she said fondly and touched the false head on her costume. Indi glanced at the tent and crossed her arms. "After you." she said and gestured for the two of them to go first. "If anything tries to eat us, I want it to get you two first." she joked.

Salem beamed at Indi’s and Natalia’s compliments, though she had to admit she was a little more pleased with Natalia’s, though she bowed obligingly, letting the fake head of her costume bonk into Indi’s hand as she touched it. It wasn’t the easy cool of either of their, but she supposed at least they thought it was funny.

I can do that,” she said, wondering if she could offer Natalia her arm or something, even going so far as to bend it tentatively before being impeded by the inflatable nature of her costume and dropping it, moving ahead eagerly to cover the motion instead. “I’ll protect you guys, something bites my costume and all the air’ll push me around like a billywig,” she said, making a dramatic hand motion to accompany the mental image as she ushered their little group into the tent. She didn’t know how scary it was, hearing something rattling ominously nearby as they stepped in, but she did linger just in case Natalia or Indi wanted to stand a little closer.

Natalia was happily surprised neither Indi nor Salem seemed to want to go to the tent without her. She felt oddly happy, being included like that. She laughed at Salem’s words, shaking her head. “I don’t know if that’s actually protecting anyone.” She teased gently. She wasn’t scared of the tent, but still stayed behind Salem as they headed in. She jumped slightly at one of the rattling coffins, though she felt silly for it moments later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back