Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Ares
Wand
10-inch flexible black walnut with Fwooper Feather Core
Dimitri was sick. He hadn't been sick in a while, not since he'd left home. At least, not like this. He knew why, of course. He had waited outside the Leaky for Ares yesterday, as he did every day, but he had stupidly waited for almost an hour in the rain. Ares hadn't shown up, much to Dimitri's disappointment, and waking up this morning, Tri had realized he had more to worry about.

His apartment was really rather bare- his 'kitchen' was really one set of silverware, a plate and bowl, one coffee cup, one little pot, and a small skillet. No table or chairs, and he had a single couch in the living room, his guitar, and a stereo in the corner with a stack of CDs next to it. His bedroom wasn't any better, really, a single bed with simple blue bedding and three pillows with mismatched pillowcases, and a suitcase with a few outfits in it. The bathroom was barely any better- toothbrush, hairbrush, a razor and shaving cream, half a bottle of cologne, and some hair gel, with his 3-in-one bottle of wash in the shower and his two towels on the rack.

When he woke that morning, he was shaking, coughing violently, and shivering. He wrapped himself in his thick comforter and stumbled out to the couch, falling to the cushions and shaking like a leaf in the wind. He passed out a few times, waking up and scrambling to the bathroom a few times to throw up the mucus before trudging back to the couch and collapsing onto it. He knew somewhere in the back of his mind that he was missing his meet up with Ares- Dimitri never missed a meet up with Ares, but he knew he wasn't going to be able to move for a walk.

Tri groaned, burying his face in the cushions and trying not to cry. For the first time since he had left home, he felt truly alone. He had no one, no one to worry or care. He already knew that Ares would just walk without him then go back to his home. Tri had been fighting for the other man's affection, but really Dimitri started to accept that his affections for Ares were completely one-sided. Tri was just the crazy Russian boy, Ares wouldn't notice his absence today, and even if he did he certainly wouldn't care. Tri whimpered softly, in pain and dejected, almost hating that all he wanted was to curl up against Ares and feel the other mans arms around him. He sighed, his entire body aching as he coughed into his shoulder. He just felt miserable.

Ares was waiting in their usual spot for Dimitri, it was unusual, he was always there before him but today he wasn’t. The season of quidditch was ramping up, the weather had taken a worse turn and Ares hadn’t managed to make it to the walk in a few days, he didn’t always go for a walk, but he went most days and just the last few days he’d been completely unable to. But, today he’d specifically made sure to leave on time so he’d be able to make it, but it turned out Dimitri wasn’t there. He waited for five, ten, fifteen minutes before he was beginning to think he wouldn’t show up. Perhaps he’d just grown bored of him, perhaps Ares who knew he was being slow in his feelings, had finally been so slow that someone so openly interested in him had given up. He thought he’d expressed that he was interested and keen but things like that for him just took time. Ares decided after he’d waited for a half hour that he might as well, just ask, maybe he’d been there before him, and since Ares hadn’t turned up just assume that he wasn’t going to show up at all. He asked the guy at the bar at the leaky and was surprised by what he heard. Ares decided he might as well just go check on him, make sure he was okay, that there was nothing in his family going on. He knew where the other man lived, in their walking and discussion the man had told him, which Ares had of course remembered, so it wasn’t too long until Ares was knocking on the man’s door, ”Dimitri? You there?” he called out to him.

Dimitris eyes fluttered open, at the sound of the familiar voice. "Ares?" He managed, groaning. He tried to get up, but the blanket was tangled around his legs. He hit the floor with a thud, groaning again at the additional pain. "Dorogoy?" He tried again, a little louder. He didn't have the strength to get up, legs tangled on the couch while the rest of him was on the floor. He was hallucinating, right? His fever had spiked and he was imagining what he wanted. He coughed violently for a moment, taking brief pleasure in the fact he hadn't thrown up.

Ares could hear dimitri through the door, he could hear a dull thud and he could hear coughing. Ares was left rather confused and conflicted. He didn’t really want to break into this man’s flat but it was clear he wasn’t that okay. He couldn’t just leave. He took out his wand and unlocked the door. He’d need to make sure in future Dimitri had been locks on the door but for now he was thankful for the lack of resistance. He closed the door behind him before he took in the state of this apartment. He hadn’t been wrong at least in that this place was bare bones. Ares took out his wand and lightly waved it, he brought the temperature of the room up. He walked over to Dimitri and placed a hand carefully on his head, feeling a great warmth. So he needed fever relief and something for his throat at least. ”Hey Dimitri,” he said, trying to get the man’s attention. ”Let’s get you back on the couch,” he used his strength to lift Dimitri off the ground and placed him back on the couch, rearranging the blanket so that it was over him better and not tangled. ”How are you feeling?” he decided to ask, he might try to encourage dimitri to sleep before he went out for medicine.

god mod approved.

Dimitri was sure his mind had snapped when he actually saw Ares in his apartment. He smiled dopily, enjoying his errant apparition. At least, until the figment of his imagination went and picked him up. "Ares?" He breathed, brow furrowing. Ares was really there? "I... I did not think you cared, dorogoy." Dimitri managed, shutting his eyes and groaning. "I am just... Crazy stubborn russian, I was sure you would not miss me today," he smiled, reaching out without thinking and smiling groggily. "Ares," he breathed, practically melting into the couch.

Ares placed Dimitri down on the bed, opting to ignore what he was saying, he was just a little delirious probably. He watched him settle slightly and like his brother had done when he was unwell, he gently placed his hand on Dimitri’s forehead. He let his finger gently move in his hair, and he was pretty warm. Ares would need to get him some potions, and get some food and water in him. ”Alright, just go to sleep, I’ll get some medicine for you,” He said, Ares knew he would wait there until it seemed that Dimitri was mostly asleep before he did.

Tri shut his eyes, his breaths labored as he leaned into Ares' touch. He hummed a bit in response, focusing more on the feel of Ares' hands in his hair than anything. Dimitri had initiated every touch between them so far, and he was reveling in the feel of Ares' touch. It soothed him, and he couldn't help the way his eyes drifted shut. He yawned, relaxing more into the mattress and dozing off.

He awoke again a while later, groaning and stumbling into the bathroom to vomit again. He felt horrible, his head throbbing and his nose stuffed. "Ares?" He breathed, vaguely recalling the other man had been there. He came out of the bathroom a bit, leaning on the door frame for support and looking around to see if his Ares really was there or if it was just another nice dream.

As soon as it seemed that Dimitri was asleep, Ares began going about the man’s apartment, he spotted on sparse it was was and rolled his eyes a little, it was also completely devoid of any medicine magical or muggle. He needed to resolve this now. He made a list of things he would need and then headed out to get it. When he got back, Dimitri was still asleep on the couch. He put some breathing salve on his chest to hopefully help that, and then set about doing several other things. He conjured a proper table and some chairs. He made up some magical potions as medicine and from home had brought a spare amount of cutlery, plates and glasses that they no longer used. He’d also brought fresh food, stuff for the cupboards and just about anything else to take this from what it had been into something that was a little more liveable. He had potions ready for when Dimitri woke up and was working on prepping some meals for him, both for over the next few days and song for a little longer too. But at the point where he heard Dimitri wake up and go vomit he was getting just a light soup ready. He walked to the main living area as Dimitri walked back in and smiled lightly at him. ”How are you feeling? I’ve got some potions ready to go if you think you can keep them down, we can do the stomach soother one first which should help for the vomiting,”

-godmod approved-

Dimitri relaxed as soon as he saw Ares. He stepped forward, falling a little bit against the quidditch player. He would have raised his arms up to hug the other wizard, but he couldn't seem to find the strength. He sighed, burying his face in Ares' chest a little and groaning at the question. He gave a weak nod at the offer but didn't move otherwise. Ares was too warm and Tri was too worn out to move much on his own.

Ares was a little startled as Dimitri seemed to see him and then collapsed on him. He was pleased that he was able to tense himself quickly enough to take the weight without falling over himself. He knew that Dimitri probably wasn’t as heavy as others but he didn’t want to strain anything. He was good to manoveur the man on to the couch. He summoned a blanket and wrapped it around him. He placed a bucket next to his head so he wouldn’t have to get up to be sick and spent a few moments just keeping a comforting hand on his head. Dimitri needed medicine but he didn’t want to give it to him without him consenting to it, he didn’t know if he could be allergic to anything. So he’d just wait. He continued to a moment, but then got back to work, making food and making this place more liveable with the magic he had.

Dimitri sighed, perfectly content to never move. He almost whined a little when Ares moved him back to the couch, but unfortunately, it was more comfortable, and Ares stayed with him long enough that he relaxed into the couch. He had started to doze again, though he stirred and whined a little when Ares moved away. It took him longer than he would have liked, but eventually, he managed to shift so he was half propped up against the back of the battered couch. "Ares?" he managed, leaning his head on his arms a moment before looking up again through his dark, messy hair, eyes glazed over. "What... what are you doing here, dorogoy?" he asked, Russian accent heavier.

Ares had been moving away from Dimitri when he heard him whine and he rolled his eyes a little but did return. He’d rolled his eyes with affection. He gave a little smile, ”What does it look like I’m doing? I’m trying to help you get better,” he placed a hand lightly on the man’s head, letting absentminded fingers, brush his hair. ”How do you feel? I have some potions, but let me know which one would be best first,” he told him. ”I also made soup, and a bunch of other stuff, then magically preserved it, so it should be good later,” he told him. He wouldn’t yet go into all the rest of what he’d done just yet, Dimitri wasn’t well and that was the focus.

Dimitri smiled, humming softly and leaning into Ares' touch. "No, I mean," Tri yawned. "Why?" He smiled tiredly up at Ares. He tried to think about Ares' words, even though his head felt like lead. "I... could probably use potion, I know not which... which..." he rambled off tiredly in Russian a few moments before trying again. "I do not know what I need," he managed, shivering and shifting back onto the couch in search of the blanket.

Ares gave a little shrug and a smile. ”While I may not be the most forthcoming with how I’m feeling, I have said I’m interested and you know at the very least we’re friends,” he said. He had maybe gone beyond what he might’ve done for another friend, but it wasn’t like Ares had that many friends to begin with. ”Well, what’s the most pressing issue, like the vomiting, a headache? Is it maybe just general flu stuff?” he asked, not sure if Dimitri was just not as sure of how he was feeling or if there was a bit of a language barrier to this.

Tri smiled dreamily, falling back onto the couch and cuddling up beneath his blanket. He hummed, trying to think. "The- the vomiting, I think," he managed. "And I- I feel like I am burning, but it is very cold still," he tried to explain, hugging his blanket closer. "I am also hungry but do not want food," he whined softly.

Ares waited until Dimitri managed to form words, nodding along at what he was explaining. He took his wand and summoned the potions over to him, finding the stomach easing, one made for helping against vomiting and that feeling of vomiting. ”Okay I want you to drink this slowly, not all in one, it should help soothe your stomach,” he uncorked it and held it up to Dimitri’s lips to drink, kind of half assuming that the man would take over and Ares could search for the next potion that would help him feel better. A pepper up potion would help but he wanted to ease some of the symptoms rather than just force Dimitri more awake.

Dimitri opened his eyes a little, humming in agreement. He brought his hands up to take the bottle, sipping it slowly but steadily until it was gone. His stomach seemed to settle a little bit as he drank it; he was sure with a little more time it would work completely. He smiled fondly, relaxing into the couch. "Sweet Ares," he breathed, reaching out and gently brushing his hand against Ares'. "You are my first, did you know that?" Tri asked, eyes drifting shut. He smiled warmly. "I have never been close to any person that was not my sisters." He sighed softly, shifting to be closer to the other man. "I do not know what drew me to you, but by the end of first day, I knew I was yours, dorogoy." Tri yawned, letting go of the potion bottle to rub at his eyes.

Ares’ gave a little chuckle, ”Don’t let the ancient greeks hear you say that,” he took out the next potion, something to hopefully ease the aches and pains of the cold. He wasn’t sure if this was the right one, or if a potion He looked at him, he had to imagine that Dimitri was not close to many he had just moved to New Zealand, and he clearly had had an odd upbringing before it, one that Ares didn’t imagine would allow for many friends. ”Well, it doesn’t matter about what happened before, or didn’t happen. Or what drew you to me. Let’s just focus on the here and now, and me helping you feel better, so take this, it should help make things a little clearer for you.” he gave him the potion, having in the end decided for a bit of a catch all cold medicine potion. Something that would hopefully make him feel better overall. ”Nice and slow though,”

Tri laughed lightly at Ares' joke, though he ended up coughing through most of it. He groaned, sinking into the couch. He smiled, taking the potion Ares offered easily, sipping it slowly like Ares told him. When it was gone, Dimitri melted a little more into the couch, feeling himself growing tired and hungry all at once. "Are you going to stay, dorogoy?" Tri asked, his voice a little hoarse. He winced, rubbing at his throat a bit. He should really get up and get a drink, maybe some food, but he couldn't seem to get his legs to listen when he thought they should move.

Ares could tell that Dimitri was a little more with it slowly with each potion. He took the next potion and opened it, ”This is for your throat, then I think you should try some soup, I didn’t what you liked so I made a tomato soup,” he gave a little shrug, not mentioning that he had a few other options in case Dimitri couldn’t eat it. He smiled a little at the question. ”Course Dimitri, I’m not gonna leave you on your own when you’re not well, I’m not heartless,” he joked a little knowing that Dimitri didn’t think him heartless. ”Do you want some water too?” he was sure that even with a throat soother potion he’d want some water.

Tri took the next potion, drinking it slowly and smiling softly. He was already feeling a lot better. "Tomato soup is good, dorogoy," he looked to Ares with a sleepy smile. "I am sorry, Ares," Tri apologized quietly. "I was rash- reckless, I think that is the word, I did not mean to- I am sorry to inconvenience you," he managed to string together the apology, looking away bashfully. He nodded as Ares asked about a drink, trying to sit up. "Yes, please, I am parched," he managed a shaky laugh.

Ares nodded as Dimitri took the potion and then apologised, ”What could you possibly be sorry for? This wasn’t your fault, you just had some bad luck and were exposed to germs you weren’t used to. That’s all, it happens when you move to a new country,” He told him with a sure tone, after all it really wasn’t his fault. ”And more, I’m here because I want to be, it’s not an inconvenience for me,” Ares said, he summoned a glass of water and handed it to him. ”Take this, slow sips and I’ll get the soup,” he waited until he was sure that Dimitri had the glass before going to the kitchen, grabbing some magically kept warm soup and toast and coming back over to him. ”Here,”

Tri shook his head, shifting a little in the couch. He wasn't sure if he was blushing or if it was just the heat leftover from the fading fever. "I waited too long in rain," he said softly, "I should have waited in doors," he ran a hand through his hair. He smiled shyly when Ares said he wanted to be here. He took the water, thanking Ares softly and sipping gently. He sat up, tucking his legs beneath him when Ares returned. "Thank you, dorogoy," he murmured, smiling and taking the soup. He hummed happily, eating the soup slowly.

Ares listened to what he said and gave a little shake of his head. ”Yes you should’ve waited indoors, but whats done is done,” he said with a little shrug, since he really did think it was pointless to linger over the past like this. Perhaps it would’ve happened like that or perhaps it wouldn’t have. Who could really tell. ”No problem Dimitri,” Ares assured him. ”I should apologise too, I’ve been pretty busy with quidditch and haven’t managed to make the walk, I should’ve reached out to say, but honestly, i thought you’d have given up by now. I don’t do this intentionally, but I’m just boring...so, kinda expected you’d move on..” he told him as he sat back slightly and just wanted the other man eat.

-godmods approved-

Tri had been eating his soup, listening. It was good, it tasted good, it was warm and it was satisfying. But when Ares finished, Tri was a little offended. "Move on- move-" Tri set the spoon down and lifted the bowl to his lips, quickly downing the rest of it before setting the bowl on the edge of the couch. He let out a long stream of Russian, cursing. He wiped a sleeve over his lips and leaned forward, grabbing hold of Ares' shirt. Tri moved quickly, kissing Ares firmly.

He followed as the other man straightened, his grip relaxing and his hands resting lightly on Ares' shoulders. He pulled back after a moment, resting his forehead against the other wizards and sighing softly. "I am not moving anywhere, dorogoy," Dimitri murmured, smiling softly. "I want to keep you for long time," he sighed, completely content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back