OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Willow Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Walking around the school all day, Alana had observed many rose deliveries, the smile on her face which had been present as she observed all the love swirling around the school had dimmed as the day had gone on when she'd continued to be without one. She had a boyfriend, for crying out loud, and yet he'd seemed to forget all about her. At least, she felt that way. Donning the dress she'd planned for the night, Alana had brushed her hair and left the common room for the dance. With or without him, she'd have a good time. And frankly, she believed that tonight it would be without him.

Entering the Great Hall, Alana looked at all of the decorations before heading to get herself a drink and then finding a seat in a small corner. She placed a small plate of cookies that she'd grabbed so she wouldn't have to get up again later, and then sat down to watch everyone else dance. Reaching for a cookie absent-mindedly, Alana bit into it. Raspberry, she realized.

Felix enjoyed the last dance but he hadn't spoken much to Saveli since. The girl had made her feelings and her intentions perfectly clear after the Yule ball and he respected that. As fun as she had been, he hadn't been looking for a relationship either so he wasn't exactly heartbroken when she broke the news to him. The Ravenclaw had almost decided not to go to the Valentines dance. He didn't have a date and he knew Lydia would be there with her new boyfriend and without Saveli and her tight dress to distract him, it wouldn't exactly be a fun night.

The night of the dance however Felix had a change of heart. Luckily he was still in the possession of a tux from the Yule ball and after a quick wave of his wand it was crisp and ready to go, he just put on a fresh shirt and he was good to go. Felix made his way down to the Great hall and his stomach immediately turned at the sight of his ex girlfriend and her vile, despicable boyfriend. He shook his head as he went and grabbed a drink. In the corner of his eye he spotted Alana, a girl who looked to be in a similar mood to him. He had a few interactions with her before so he felt comfortable approaching her. "Is this the meeting of the lonely hearts club?" He asked grinning at her. Felix had no intentions towards Alana, he just didn't want to spend the evening alone.

Asa Romanes was livid. His uncle would not allow him any funds to be able to give his girlfriend a rose. "It is a waste of money. Neither of you will work out. If you can't conjure roses, then you are worthless." Those were his exact words. Therefore, Asa locked himself up for the day, practicing on conjuring. It was hard for him to do, especially since he hated flowers. By the time the dance started, Asa was dressed down for the evening, jeans and a shirt, because he did not have any robes that were dressy yet. He rushed to the Great Hall, ignoring the decor. He needed to find his girlfriend, and there she was, with another guy talking to her. Jealousy came up, but he decided to ignore it. At least, for now. He approached his girlfriend without looking at the other. Behind his back was two dozen roses that took him hours to conjure. The shade of red had to be just right. He didn't smile, but looked apathetic, like normal, "Hello, Alana." His eyes finally found the other boy. "And friend, I suppose." If it was one thing he could do, it was act like he had nothing up his sleeve. Although the hand behind his back kind of gave it away.

"Seems so" Alana gave Felix a smile and a half shrug. "You're looking snazzy" she said by way of greeting as she pushed the seat beside her away from the table with her foot so he could sit. The teen pushed the plate close to him as well. She might not be with her boyfriend, but at least she wouldn't be alone. Looking around, Alana noted the usual couples on the dance floor.

She was just about to ask Felix about Saveli when Asa showed up. "Hello Asa" she replied, her tone cool. He didn't even seem jealous, which only irritated her more. "His name is Felix" she added. Alana failed to notice that her boyfriend's hands were behind her back. "Felix, this is Asa" she finished.

Felix smiled as Alana confirmed they were indeed the lonely hearts club, he didn't have much time to say much else before she called him snazzy. It wasn't a word he had ever heard used to describe him before but he liked it all the same. "I know right, how in the world am I single?" He asked laughing. He knew why of course, but it wasn't important at that moment. "Never mind me, you look fantastic, I especially love the I hate valentines mood you got going on too," He laughed sitting down on the seat next to her. "No date? Aren't you dating that sixth year dude?" He asked. Felix and Alana weren't exactly the best of friends, but he had heard she was dating an older student in her house and was surprised to see her at the dance without him. "The guy needs his head tested if he's left you alone on Valentines day," He gave her an encouraging smile and helped himself to whatever was on the plate. They were soon interrupted by an older boy, it didn't take Felix long to figure he was the boyfriend. By the way he referred to him as 'friend' he couldn't tell if his presence bothered him or not. Even so he got to his feet and offered out his hand, "Felix Warrick, the aforementioned friend," He nodded at Asa and turned back to Alana. "Shall I leave you too it?" He asked. Felix knew what answer he would get from her boyfriend, but given her demeanor and his tardiness, he suspected he hadn't gone off to get her a drink. Though the hand behind his back suggested he had something for her.

He could easily see that Alana was irritated. She was pretty easy to read. Asa, on the other hand, was not. He looked toward the Ravenclaw as Alana introduced them. His name was Felix. Asa would definitely not going to remember that. The little guy was not important. He looked down at the offered hand, and said simply, "Pleasure. Stick around if you want to be a third wheel." Asa shrugged his shoulders before turning his attention to Alana. It was almost like no one else around existed. He spoke, "I'm sorry for not buying you one of those roses. My uncle was being a royal pain about it. So, I worked all day to get the right shade." Asa pulled his other hand out from behind his back and held out over a dozen conjured roses the same shade as her eyes. He figured it might make up for his lateness and lack of romantic actions. He really did not like it, but figured that he had to be a gentleman. Asa did like Alana. She was cute. So, he would be the best that he can be bothered with.

One of the great things about Felix, Alana had learned over the past few weeks, was that he was a great distraction. Not in the same sense that Asa was, but in the sense that he never left her time to get too far down in the dumps. She found herself chuckling in spite of herself as they split the plate she'd made earlier. Too soon, though, Asa was there and they'd both turned their attention towards him. With a shrug, Alana answered Felix with an "I guess so" just as her boyfriend did the same.

The girl's red eyes drifted to her boyfriend, trying to keep her face impassive though she was curious as he began to speak. The apology was nice, but it didn't compare to the bouquet he presented her with. Alana stared at it for a second before jumping up with a squeal of excitement and throwing her arms around her boyfriend. "They're perfect!" she exclaimed, already forgetting her annoyance with him earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back