Rivalry

Isabella rolled her eyes, expecting to hear a remark like that. However his next statement, or question rather, threw her completely off guard, she had not been expecting that. Did he just...ask me to the ball? As in the Yule Ball? Bella's mouth hung open in a small 'o' shape before she quickly closed it and held on to her broom because she was afraid she'd fall from surprise.

Pink rose in Isabella's cheeks lightly but she fixed her hair again so he wouldn't see it. She caught the ball he threw at her finally but couldn't help but ask, "Did you just ask me to the Yule Ball?" Her tone was defensive and surprised, as her face showed that she didn't want to go. It weirded her out that she was even considering saying yes but she just waited for his response before she said anything.

"Erm" Mike said unsure what to say. He could say no, and that she was hearing things hoping that, that would cover it up, but didnt want to lie, which was a trait no one wants, decided to take it on the chin, not caring whether his dignity went down the drain. "Yes"Mike said, and wasn't sure whether or not to add anything. "But firstly, I must apologise for acting like the way I did, it was very rude of me to do so, and for that I extend my full apologies" Mike said with real sympathy and honesty. Mike decided to leave it at that.

Isabella hovered in front of him with the ball tucked under her arm as the pink color in her cheeks rose more once he said yes. So he had asked her to the ball. What would her response be? She listened to him apologize for all his previous actions and couldn't help but smile. Then her smile turned into a smirk. "I like fighting with you Mike, it's fun," she admitted, "but I do appreciate the apology, so thanks."

She passed the ball back and forth in her small hands as she thought of what to say next. Her first thought was Aiden, but she knew he was still with Steph so it didn't do any good pining over him when he was over her. What would be the harm in going with someone other than Aiden? She might even make him jealous. Finally she mumbled, "My answer is yes," and threw the ball back at him, no longer trying to get it passed him.

"I must admit fighting with you is fun too" Mike said passing off a grin. "Thats great stuff" Mike said. "Just a thought, were you going to go with anyone, did you have anyone in mind? "Mike asked her. "If you dont want to answer, I understand" Mike said smiling, showing he would honestly understand. Mike caught the quaffle, throwing it back to her less quicker than the previous attempts.

Bella smiled in return, still trying to register the fact that she'd just said yes to going to the ball with him. She wondered how Aiden would react, then had to remind herself that he was no longer her boyfriend. Isabella bit her lip momentarily when he asked if she had anyone in mind. Of course she had someone in mind, but he was going with someone else. "No," she lied easily. "My boyfriend broke up with me on Halloween," she said quietly before catching the Quaffle he threw back at her. She wanted to smack herself for letting him know that, surely he'd make fun of her for that but it was too late to take it back.

"Aww I bet that was a real shocker and a shame" Mike said sympathetically, flying closer towards her. "If you don't mind me asking, what's his name?" Mike asked pushing her for more answers. Mike caught the quaffle, and didnt bother throwing it back, instead he threw it to the floor, with a bang

Isabella's heart skipped a beat as Mike flew closer to her. Woah, that was weird, she thought to herself. She looked at Mike as he came closer and thought, I'm supposed to hate this guy! He's a jerk! She tore her eyes away from him and looked down as she saw the Quaffle fall to the floor. She had heard his question, she was just taking her time in answering it. "Umm, Aiden Lorka," she replied finally. "He's in Gryffindor like you," she added, rolling her eyes playfully. Great, do I attract Gryffindor jerks or what? she thought to herself before wanting to laugh.

"Aiden eh?" Mike asked rhetorically. Mike neither liked nor disliked Aiden. He knew a few people did dislike him, but Aiden had never done or said anything to Mike for him to dislike him. Mike had been around when he had some unecessary things like little remarks to and about people, but Mike had decided to give Aiden the benefit of the doubt and a chance. "So, where shall I meet you for the Yule Ball?" Mike asked Bella.

Isabella nodded her head shyly, not knowing whether or not Mike liked Aiden. She knew a lot of people didn't seem to like him, but she was head over heels for him for some odd reason. Mike brought her back to reality when he asked where he should meet her. "Umm, the entrance of the great hall no?" she said questioningly. That usually seemed the best place to meet someone before they entered the Yule Ball. Isabella smiled lightly at him, she was even more nervous for the yule ball now that she actually had a date. "You do have a suit right?" she asked in the usual tone she had with Mike, an eyebrow raised half playful, half serious. She didn't want Mike to be the only one without a suit while she put the effort into her outfit.

"Yes I have a tux for the night" Mike said with a smile. " I hope you have a dress?" Mike asked jokingly flashing a wide grin to show he was joking.
"the great hall sounds good. 8ish?" Mike asked Bella. "Shall we head back?" Mike asked her.

"Good," she said nodding her head. She rolled her eyes when Mike asked if she had a dress, of course she had many options. "Of course I have a dress, now I just have to find one that won't clash with your outfit," she stated while beginning to fly down. "I can't wait," she said genuinely which surprised her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back