Right on time

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
The past nine months had flown by for Eden. When she had been pregnant with Aine she had been sick for a lot of it and she had blown up. With this child she hadn't been sick at all. You could tell that she was pregnant but she didn't look like she was carrying more than one child like she had with Aine. No her son had been calm the whole time she had been carrying him. Eden had felt him moving around from time to time but he didn't kick hard or cause crazy cravings. But this morning everything had changed. Eden had woken up to sharp pains in her stomach and the feeling of restlessness that she had with Aine. It hadn't taken Eden long to dress her daughter and send her and Alex out of the house. There was no way that she was going to have her husband and daughter in the house while she was in labor.

As she got her bedroom ready Eden picked up the red stone around her neck and whispered into it.
"Mom, Elvera it's almost time." Eden said as she finished changing and let herself sink into the fancy birthing tub that she had found the last time she was in America. It was supposed to make labor less painful. Her water hadn't broken yet but she could already feel the labor pains starting and if they where anything like they had been with Aine, Eden was going to need all the help she could get.

Morgan had woken from an odd dream she couldn't remember it much just knew that she had a the feeling of it being odd. she had got up dressed, she collected the eggs from the chickens thinking that they had a lot and maybe she should make a cake later before eating her breakfast and getting Nettie ready for school.
it wasn't long before she was opening the door to the shop ready for a days business. knowing that Elvera had cleaned, dusted and sorted the previous day when she had been working she sat down with a cup of tea and the book she was reading prepared for a slow morning. just as she turned a page she heard edens voice echoing from the stone on her neck, something she had hardly taken off since elvera figured out how they could be used for communication. a couple of moments later came Elveras reply Eden, I will be there as quick as i can get through my class" it said. she could hear the tension in the girls voice and know she would not be concentrating on the class she was teaching for the next however long. "I'll be there in a minute" She said already putting the tea and book down.
she got up and with a tap of her staff the door shut with the closed sign showing. another tap and a sign she had written saying closed for the day due to family matters adhered its self to the window on the door. next she took some floo powder which was kept in a small box on the mantel peace and threw it in the flames. "Edens house" she said.
A moment later she was stepping into Edens immaculate lounge and there was a maid there ready to sweep up the soot. "Excuse me. do you know where Eden is" she asked. the maid nodded and pointed towards the room with the birthing pool. "Eden, how are you feeling? how long has it been? she asked as she entered the room giving her baby a hug.

Eden heard her sister reply that she would be there as soon as her class was over. How could she have forgotten that her sister was back teaching? Was Eden so lost in her own little world of evil that she was ignoring not only one of her closet friends but also her twin sister? Eden would have some serous soul searching to do once she had given birth. She heard someone come into her home and there wasn't many people who knew the address to where she lived to get in. It meant that it had to be her mother. Elvera whenever she showed up always just used the fireplace in her bedroom and climbed right into bed with Eden. It was there bonding time. They had spent so many years apart that they now did everything they could to build the kind of relationship that most twins had.

Eden looked up at her mother as she entered the room. She was still in pain but there was something about having ones mother there that really made everything better.
"I'm doing good mom. It just started maybe half an hour ago. My water hasn't broken yet but the contractions are starting to get really rough." Eden said as she let herself relax into the seat that was in the side of the birthing pool. Looking at the clock Eden realized that this was probably going to go on for a very long time just as it had done with Aine. "Do you know when Elvera is going to get here?" Eden asked her mother.

morgan was happy to hear that eden was going okay. "that's good. you just relax as best as you can" she said making sure her daughter was doing well before starting to set things up ready to go. she was busy for a few minutes unpacking the baby bag. and boiling a kettle ready for the tea that she used to help labor. "I am sure she will be here as soon as she can. she is probably trying to rush the class to get them out" she said. she knew her daughters well, and although eden and Lilith weren't talking Elvera tried her best to stay close to them both as well her cousin maya and step sisters sapphire and nettie and ruby when she wasn't at school. she knew if she missed this elvera wouldn't be happy.
soon the room was set up and the tea was ready. she took it over to eden. "this should help. how are things going in there?" she said giving Eden the tea. it had things to decrease the pain and also make the delivery slightly quicker and smoother. as although she wasn't a wiz at modern potions she was good at old fashioned teas and herbs.

Eden was listening to her mom while picturing her sister trying to rush a class out. It was pretty funny seeing as Elvera was very laid back. Now that her mother was her and Elvera would be there shortly Eden felt like she could finally get around to start having a baby. The sounds of her mother setting everything up comforted Eden. "I hope Elvera wears something she doesn't mind getting wet. I'm going to make her get in the tub with me and catch her nephew." Eden had heard how Elvera had helped Lilith give birth and since this was the first water birth in the family Eden figured her sister could use the experience.

Taking the cup of tea from her mother Eden took a long drink from it. The pain let up a touch. She knew that this labor could go faster than Aine's but there was no promising. Eden wanted her water to hurry up and break so that her contractions would get closer together. They where still to far apart and she couldn't do anything to really help with the pain.

Morgan had to laugh when Eden said she hoped that elvera would wear something she didn't mind getting wet. "she will either go in in whatever she is wearing even if it is her best whit dress" she said knowing that Elvera liked wearing white cream or light grey dresses to work. "either that or she will take it off" she said. although Elvera was quite conservative in what she wore she was only with her family and it was an emergency. "you don't need to hold on, she will be here before your son." she said with certainty. she hadn't seen it but she had a feeling and her feelings were often right. she knelt herself next to eden at the head of the bath just the wall between them. "you are doing great" she said proud of he daughter for being so strong.

((ooc: after the next post i will bring Elvera in.))

Eden laughed at her mothers comment. "We can't let her do that. I have a full closet full of clothes that she could wear. If she's wearing something really pretty we will just make her go change." Eden said finishing her tea and holding the card out to her mother so that she could bring her another cup. One of her maids entered the room with a bowl of fresh strawberries. Eden took and and placed it in her mouth. The flavor was sweet with just a little bit of tartness. Eden felt a little pressure and a small pop. The water became a little cooler and she knew what had just happened. "Well there goes my water." Eden said as her next contraction hit this time more painful than the last. Letting out a gasp she gritted her teeth trying not to scream.

morgan hadn't been that close with Gwen since they were eleven and since didn't think about the advantages of having a twin who was the same size. "she could. whatever it is, she had a lot of options" she said. she cold just see Eden in the pool in pain ordering elvera to go and change before helping her.
suddenly a change came over her daughter. and she knew that her water had broken. her daughter was in pain. she reached a vial of potion that was on the table. this one was a pain killer. "have some of this if you need to." she said. herbs were not the best when it came to strong pain no matter how much of the tea one drank, that Elvera had found the previous year. "you need to start pushing, it's too late to wait for elvera. hopefully she will be here in time for the delivery" she said. praying elvera managed to get the sixth years out quicker than eden did her baby.

Elvera knew that Eden was due soon. she had been on edge all week exited looking forward to it. that morning she wake up feeling slightly restless. she had her sixth years today and she had a feeling that she would be needed outside the class before it was over. she had spent half an hour looking through her class notes as she ate breakfast trying to work out how she could cut it short. unfortunately it as not one that could be shortened as it was already made of two classes of the old curriculum combined. just as the bell went She heard Edens voice come through the necklace that she always had around her neck. she had to teach the class but as she spoke and rushed through her mind was at edens house trying to see anything that was going on but unfortunately she like normal couldn't see either Eden or morgan. Finally she managed to get all of the students out of the room. she took some floo powder form where she had it safe and went straight to the fire "Edens room" she said. before being whisked away into the network
a minute later she arrived a little soot on her in Edens bedroom. Last time her sister had been in her bed when the baby had come. and she was a little surprised that she wasn't today until she remembered that she had been shown a birthing bath. it was the sound of voices from the bathroom that had sparked the memory. she just heard morgan say it was too late to wait for her as she reached for the handle. opening the door she saw the scene. eden u to her armpits in the bath, morgan holding a bottle of pain potion. the look on her sisters face made her heart lurch. it was a look that said she was in a lot of pain, and made her want to take the pain somehow on herself instead of eden. she rushed over to eden and gave her a hug. "I am so sorry it took me so long to get here. I couldn't teach that class quick enough" she said holding eden close. "you don't need to wait any more. it's time to get this baby born" she said. looking at morgan for instructions. "what do you want me to do mum" she said. ready to do anything she had delivered Padme on her own with the help of memories and visions but as morgan was here she wanted the instruction of her mother.

Eden kept telling herself that she wasn't going to scream. That was below her. But this time around labor was so much harder and intense. Her mother was bringing her a potion but she was not moving fast enough for her. Biting her lip so that she wouldn't snap Eden tried to think calm thoughts. Taking the potion Eden drank it in my drink and handed the empty vile back to her mother. There was no way she was doing this without Elvera. "I'm not doing this without Elvera. I can't do this without her." Eden said saying it with half a scream. No matter what she wanted it seemed her son was going to show up soon rather than later.

Thankfully her twin seemed to realize that she was needed and choose that moment to show up. She could hear her asking there mom what she was supposed to do. "Strip to your bather and get in here. I need you to keep me from going under as I push your nephew out." Eden said letting out a loud moan as she felt her body starting to push. In just a few moments this would all be over and she needed her sister with her time now. "Elvera hurry up." Eden said trying to be nice but needing her sister to hurry.

Eden was stubborn. morgan knew that. she also knew that the baby was going to come very soon and she couldn't wait for elvera who may still be a while away. "you are going to have to" she said just as she heard footsteps outside the room. she had only ever once been as grateful to hear her oldest daughters voice as she was then and that was over a decade ago. "be thankful for such timing" she said adding it onto the sentence that she had already finished.
before she could direct elvera on what to do eden had already given directions though she could tell it was getting quite painful for her. she hoped elvera knew to do as she was told and to d it quick as eden wouldn't be able to hold on much longer. once she was in place she took edens hand "okay now when you are ready push, and squeeze on to me as much as it hurts" she said. hopefully i would not be much longer left as she was sure eden was in a lot of pain and hated seeing her daughter in such a way.

Elvera knew what was coming. and already had her jacket off before eden had started talking. it didnt come to a surprise to her that she would be getting into the water. a few seconds later her shoes and skirt were off and she was left in her tshirt and underwear. already half in the water when told to hurry up elvera quickly finished getting in and crouched in a position where she was able to hold eden where she was and then reach for the baby when he came. Elvera couldn't believe he was a he. there hadn't been a he born to anyone in her family for as far as she had known. she still to be honest wasn't convinced that it would be. "is this good?" she asked she thought she was cut to say she was an expert at this would have been an understatement.
"push when you are ready" she said hoping that it would not be too longer labor. it hurt her to see her sister in such pain.

Once Elvera was there everything was in place. Eden knew that she could do this. She felt her sister slide behind her and she felt a million times light. "Everything is perfect now that your here." Eden felt the next contraction come and knew that her son was just moments away from being born. With a deep breath Eden started pushing as her mother started to count.

Maybe an hour later

Everything had gone perfectly. Luxen had been born no more than five minutes after Elvera had walked in the door. He hadn't even cried once. Eden had been scared at first but Morgan and Elvera had assured her that everything was perfect that her little boy. They had helped her get cleaned off and put her to bed with her new baby. As soon as the room was cleaned up Eden was joined by her mom on one side and her sister on the other. Eden felt so loved and safe surrounded by her other half and the women that had given them life.

morgan saw elvera knew what she was doing and she must have been some form of lucky charm as after she arrived everything went smoothly. it was only a few minutes before the baby arrived. after receiving a quick hug from his aunt Elvera she had taken him and cleaned him up whilst the girls dried themselves and Elvera helped sort Eden out and get her tucked into bed. where she had given her her son, Luxen. and then sat beside her on the edge of the bed. "well done Eden. you did brilliantly I am so proud of you and Luxen" she said. putting her arm around her daughter.

it was good timing on Elveras part. it wasn't five minutes from when she arrived at the house to when the baby was born. she knew eden had been expecting a boy. but some how she had been expecting a girl. "congratulations on a beautiful baby boy. the first boy in at least seven generations of the family" she said. she had been tracking the family tree and that is as far as she had got completed though she was able to go a little further up directly too, and there had been no boys. morgan took the baby as they cleaned themselves up and she got eden in bed before tidying the bathroom and nestling in beside her twin. felling comfortable there, like nothing was wrong. though she felt deep inside a twinge of something, maybe a little envy that her sister could have two amazing children when she couldn't, though she was easily able to suppress it so both her mother and sister wouldn't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back