Ridley Residence

Richard Ridley

nicehousees3.jpg

Richard stared out of the window at the rain. It was a miserable English day, a mood that was reflected by the residents of his fine mansion. Ever since Diana had left, the children had retired to their rooms for most of the day, except perhaps Sam, who took a greater hand in household chores. As Richard dwelled on the past events, he realised that the only thing that had improved since his wife's flight was the cooking, and that payed a compliment to himself. He smiled wearily, and ran a hand through his hair.

He was beginning to wonder if he should have gone to collect Hollie from the airport himself, but she had assured him she was quite capable of getting a taxi. As he looked back over his hasty decision, he realised he had over-estimated her; she was twelve, for goodness sake, how could he expect her to get a taxi back? Still, at least she would be happy.

"Sam?!" he shouted, tiliting his head towards the staircase. "Sam, may you please phone your sister? I'm worried - she said she'd be here by four and it's not quarter past."

He waited for his son's reply, and then continued to look out through the window, for any sign of a taxi bringing home is beloved daughter.

Hollie smiled at the taxi driver and handed over a fiver as a tip. Her father had ensured that everything had been payed towards the service in advance, so she would not have to flaff around searching for the correct money.
She had been relieved to discover her taxi driver female, and had enjoyed a comfortable journey home. Now, as she looked at her huge house, excitement bursted in her stomach. She hadn't seen this place in ages!

However, first of all the taxi woman helped her unload her huge trunk, and owl cage. She saw the woman cast a suspicious glance at Snowie, and smiled back.
"Yes, we've always been unusual, never fear. My father like's exotic creatures, and bought me this owl for my birthday."
This was a complete lie, but she couldn't risk the taxi woman's suspicion.

She waved the taxi out of sight and then legged it to the door, where she knocked, tentatively. As she did so, her mobile began to ring, and upon pulling it from her jeans pocket, she discovered it was Sam ringing. Smiling, she slid her phone up and answered with a few words.

"I'm outside, silly. Now please open up 'cause I'm getting extremely wet."
And with that, she disconnected the call.

Sam listened to his sister's reply, grinning from ear to ear. He bounded down the stairs three at a time, and legged it down the grand hallway.
"She's here!" he bellowed, which caused quite a reaction.
All at once, everyone else appeared talking loudly.
"I want to open the door," his little sister, Madi, announced.
He smiled and made way so she could. Turning the door knob, she flung it open and yelled,
"Hollie!" and concluded this with a huge hug.
Sam grinned as his sister entered the house, a beaming smile on her tanned face. Her long blonde hair streamed down her back and she looked as lovely as ever. He allowed the flock of his siblings to engulf her before he bent down and gave her a huge hug.
"Hey, sis," he said, quietly, kissing her cheek. Boy had he missed her; she was the lively spirit in hard times and that was exactly what this was.
He moved forward to take her trunk from her, but his 'manly' brother Karl had 'got it all under control' and was heaving it up the stairs.
"Hey, come through to the kitchen, Lucy made you cookies!" he said, leading the way. Lucy beamed with pride and took Hollie's hand.
"They're chocolate chip - your favourite!" she whispered.

[[hey i only godmodded characters that don't have an account, coz otherwise it would take me HOURS to generate all sam's siblings.]]

Hollie beamed as the door was swung open by her little sister, and hugged her back, hard. Man, she had missed her family like crazy!

Finally Madi released her hold on her and she was able to get into the house and close the door. She gave all four little ones her hugs and kisses, and then leant over to greet Sam, her big brother. Over the past few weeks, their regular letters to one another had caused a new depth to their relationship; Hollie felt closer to her older brother than ever before and had come to regard him as something of a hero.
"Heya yourself," she answered, in reply, her bright blue eyes sparkling with happiness.

She giggled as Karl took her trunk from her and thanked him, trying desperately to hush her flocking siblings.
Sam then went on to mention cookies, to which her smile lit up further - if that was possible - and she followed him down the hallway.
"Aww, you made me cookies?" she said, to Lucy who had grabbed her hand. "Chocolate chip?? Yeah, they're my absolute favourite!" She squeezed her sister's hand and then took Madi's.
"And how is your ladyship?" she asked, with a fake upper class accent. Smiling, she entered the kitchen, where her dad was stood, smiling at her.

"Dad!" she cried, and she flung herself at him, relishing in the fact she was home now, and nothing else mattered. Her mother, school, exam results... the pressure and the pain vanished as he took her in his arms.

Richard beamed as his daughter ran up to him. He hugged her hard, and kissed the top of her head.
"I've missed you," he murmured, quietly, squeezing her harder. "We all have."

Eventually she let go, and made her way over to the cookies, and Richard looked on as his younger daughter Lucy handed them around. She was such a great cook - he hoped she wouldn't lose the love of it now her mother was gone. This caught caused the constant ache in his heart to increase, and he turned away, to compose himself. Once cheerful, he took a cookie and then led his daughter upstairs to her room, where had had hoovered, dusted, and generally tidied up - not that it needed it, Hollie was a tidy person on the whole.
He was used to the whole cleaning thing; his wife had never done much around the house. She had left everything to him, even though he worked long hours while she saw friends and attended parties, no doubt having secret flings, as Hollie and Sam had revealed to him last Christmas.
He doubted she'd ever loved him, but his income had kept her his wife. He was now disgusted by her - he couldn't understand how he could have ever loved such a repulsive woman who neglected her own children and flung herself at every young man in sight. Everytime he thought of this 'Henry' guy his stomach clenched with an emotion he could not describe.
Well, he can have her, he had concluded, savagely. If her wants her, fine. He's welcome to her deceiptfulness.

And anyway, ever since Diana had left Richard had given more time to his beloved children, and had attended Church more regularly. He couldn't wait to tell Hollie his news about his baptism. And she would be around to see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back