Revelation, Occupation, And Vacation

Lumina Sangora

OOC First Name
Beth
Wand
Cherrywood, 11' 3/4" Essence of Griffin Feather
How strange the last few months had been, sitting in the Astronomy office of her old school, a place she had not been since her youth. The memories were not all happy, but the office itself gave Lumina reason to smile; she was a Professor once more, doing what she loved and educating others in the process.
It had been a very taxing decision to return to full-time work, but George was six now, loved spending time with his grandmother and Chloris. Why should Lumina feel the need to worry? No, her life was settled now. The monster was behind bars where he belonged and her private life had begun to shape up.

Lumina carved open the morning post, late though she was in doing so as midday had already come to pass, and set it out atop her desk. The letter, rain-speckled from it journey, almost seemed to smile up at her with giddy expectation. Each word and letter was curved and neat, yet somehow still retained that masculinity she had witnessed in Edmund through previous correspondense.
Lumina picked up the letter, holding it close to study.
PROFESSOR L. Sangora said:
My dear Lumina,

I hope the world has been treating you well and I apologise for my slow reply. You see, I have recently received news of something rather shocking and I have found myself incapable of finding the right words to tell you.
Many years ago, as you well know, I lived in Germany and performed a fair few gigs. I was still very young and wreckless and I met an attractive young woman and..
We needn't go into detail as I am sure you are more than capable of guessing.
I returned for another gig during the last month and was met by an older child. She revealed to me the identity of her father. I have worked through dates and I know this to be correct.
I hope that you can forgive me in wanting to belatedly support my child as this may mean less time for us to write.
Unless, and please take your time to think this over, you and I made arrangements to meet once or twice a month.

Apologies once again,
Edmund.
Lumina set the letter down in serious thought. She sighed inwardly. Something had told her that this letter would be different to the others, that there would be something of great importance inside. His slacking in response had made her suspicious of this. But a daughter of his own- and a grown-up one at that?
There was no way that Lumina would dream of splitting a caring father from his child. Perhaps Edmund visiting would not be such a bad idea. They had only ever really spoken by letter, and it would certainly be a step in the right direction. And George would get to meet the man, too.
The more she thought about it, the more she felt it could work. Yes, alright. That's what they would do, then.
She began her reply and the astronomical clock model hanging above slowly began to draw on in its daily cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back