Reunion

Donavon Howard

Along with seven years old Nicolene and Nicolette Howard, Donavon decided to visit the family of his and introduced his little ones and his fiance to his siblings and perhaps some close friends that were invited by his brothers and sisters. "Let's go" He walked through the huge gate of the unfriendly manor as the house elves rushed and opened the huge door which leads to the living room. Donavon ordered the his kids to sit on the sofa after taking off their coat. He smiled as he saw them doing exactly what he told them. Both Nicolene and Nicolet were very obedient, their mother had trained them well. Even though they were only five years old, they act nothing like Dorothy who was far from wise and who would find troubles as her hobby. Unlike the parents of Donavon's who weren't there for their children, Donavon wanted to be there for his kids so that they grew up nothing like his younger siblings who grew up without their parents beside them.

Donavon walk toward the house elf ordering them to serve two cup of hot chocolate for his children and walk toward the stairs. "I'm home" Donavon said louder than usual so the whole house could hear him. He was hoping that Annabelle could make it there, she was on a mission. He thought it would be nice if Annabelle could finish earlier and meet his family even though his family was far from normal. "Dorothy, Dancel get your @rse down here" He yelled at the youngest of the family, he knew that they were on holiday so there was no reason for them to not come and greet him and his children. He was sure that they knew how important this was to him. Even though the family was a mess, Donavon had been trying to fix it even though he couldn't or had no idea how to treat his younger siblings except for Dakota.

Danton was woken from a noon-time nap by the sound of the door opening. He quickly rose, and straightened himself out, fixing his hair and straightening his jacket. Today he wore a white shirt, with a black jacket, and black straight-cut jeans. His family like to look well-his sister Danielle had really gotten into it, she'd always loved fashion-ever since she was a child. He was in the process of contemplating going down to greet whoever had the audacity to wake him then he heard his brother's voice. Well, he might as well be polite. He knew it bothered Hayley that he wasn't very close to his family, and whatever bothered Hayley-bothered him.

He immediately marched out of his room, and glided down the stairs. "Wonderful of you to visit Donavon-How are the twins, and Annabelle of course?" he called, surprising himself by remembering the name. Hayley really was changing him. "I doubt Dancel will be joining us, he's never around, but Dorothy should be here soon, and Dani is due home within minutes." he replied, to Donovan's yelling, as he stepped into the sitting room, seeing his brother in front of him. "I trust you yourself are keeping well?" he inquired, a slight smile playing on his lips, as he inclined his head.

Danielle had been shopping, she was laden with bags, her shoulders straining from the weight of them. It was a shame she couldn't bring the house elf shopping in the muggle world, that she was expected to carry her own shopping was a crime, and she definetly wasn't going to have one of the servants trailing her all day. She walked straight through the large front doors, opening both doors, as was her habit-to make an entrance. "I'm home!" she called, and the elf immediately appeared at her side. She flung the bags at it, and without a glance admonished it; "Hurry up, do you expect me to stand here all day?"
She swirled around, and heard voices in the sitting room, then, her heels clicking on the oak floorboards, she entered the room, flinging both doors wide once more. "Oh, Don-nice of you to call by Don-from the lack of contact-I'd assumed you were dead." she spat bitterly. Donavon was her big brother-she'd always been close to him as a child, and he had abandoned her-run off with some floozy and had that pair of brats.

"You could have at least called us Don-we didn't know where you were, or what you were doing." she complained, bratishly, her ice blue eyes cold as their colour. "For all your talk of family unity-you haven't been making much of an effort." she added, collapsing sulkily into a chair, and trying not to glare at the twins. What were they dressed as anyway? They looked like Santa's Bl**dy helpers.

Donavon had no idea why on earth Danton remember him having twins and of course a fiance named Annabelle, perhaps he took the wrong potion this morning? Or did he drink one of the muggle medicine and drove himself crazy? "Impressive" He said as he walked toward his younger sibling and nudged him on the shoulder. Danton was tall, he was a grown up, a tough young man. It had been a while since he seen his siblings, he missed them so much and such a shame that he didn't get to meet them. First reason was school and second was Donavon being too busy. "We are alright although I've been busy, I'm terribly sorry for not informing you" He apologized as he took a wand of his and flicked it as a piece of paper came out, he handed it to Danton "The address of my place and don't let them know" He looked at Danton in the eye hoping that he understood what Donavon meant. Donavon wanted no distraction and he knew that Danton could be trusted.

"Just in time Dani, Just in time"
Donavon quickly changed the subject as he hear the door flew open. From the look of her face she wasn't very happy at him. "Don't be like that you know I've been working and I've no time" Donavon wasn't lying, he had too many things to do and people had been complaining the same thing. He knew that he had to change but it was hard for him, at least not until this year. "And secondly you have your bl00dy school so how the h3ll do I meet you?" He said as he walk toward Danielle, placing a hand on her head. A smirk appeared on his face as he messed her hair. He knew how she hate people touching her beautiful hair and messing with it yet he was doing it in purpose to annoy her.

Dorothy had been out of the house the whole day, she had been acting ridiculous the whole day. Weeping, complaining, crying. Poor... Poor little house elf who had to keep up with the brat the whole day. "Take me home!!" She yelled as the house elf took her home. As soon as they got home the house elf pushed the door and ran to the kitchen not wanting to deal with Dorothy. "What the h3ll" She eyed Donavon and two little children. "Who are they?" She eyed the kids and walk toward Danielle, sitting next to her. Dorothy liked Danielle, in fact she had been doing great with her. Beside Dancel, Danielle was the only one who understood the little brat. Sometimes Dorothy too had hard times, not being able to see her parents was hard for her, she missed them and the word parents was off limit. She never talk about them when people asked where they were she told them that she had none. She would rather not talk bout it. Her heart was weak when it came to that sensitive subject.

The third year Slytherin continued glaring at the twins. She had never seen them before nor hear about them. "Who are these midgets?" She whispered to Danielle not caring if Donavon heard her or not. She didn't care if she offended other people or not, it wasn't her problem or at least that was what she thought. The young girl finally realized that the little boy and girl looked so much alike with Donavon. "Are they... Your?" She looked at him, disbelieving her eyes. There were a lot of new things that Dorothy knew nothing about or at least she payed attention to none of it.

Danton nodded as Donavon handed him the piece of paper, he quickly put it in his pocket. "I'm glad you're back." he commented, surprising himself by being truthful. The sound of Danielle's voice wasn't exactly welcome. He loved his sister, but it was quite possible that she ould make a fuss. He trained his eyes on the fireplace, all his interest consumed in the flames, once she got it out of her system-he would talk to her. Quickly, before Danielle came in, and was still shouting at the house-elf he asked; "Have you heard from Mother and Father, Don?" he asked, he sometimes wished his parents were around more often. He knew how much the younger one's missed them-it was a dishonour on their family that they spent so little tiime together.

He smiled slightly as Danielle spoke-she was secretly delighted that Donavon had come home, but there was no way she'd show it. "Dani." he warned, as Donavon messed with her hair-now was not the right time for Danielle to lose her cool. Dorothy's entrance just complicated things more. "These are the third set of twins in the family." he explained, as Dorothy demanded their identity upon entering the room. He fought a smirk, as she took the seat beside Danielle-the two had formed a sort of alliance. He almost had to stop himself laughing as she figured it out, that they were Donavon's children.

Danielle frowned at Donavon's response. "Fine." she grumbled, not being able to think of a suitable response. His outburst annoyed her. She stuck her chin in the air, the image of defiance; "I do believe you were properly educated Donavon-however hard it must've been for you to grasp-you did eventually learn to write!" she replied, scathingly. Donavon was not being amusing. His messing with her hair was the last straw, and Danton! "Don't dare Dani me Danton Howard!" she yelled, straightening her hair, and rising slowly from her seat, her eyes on fire. "And you-you wanted this family to work, and then you walk out-it's pathetic! You're just like....I mean..I..." she didn't finish her sentence-she couldn't bring herself to mention their parents, to voice the unapproachable topic They'd abandoned them, and she felt as though Donavon had too. She took her seat one more, and tried to compoe herself. "I shouldn't have done that." he murmered, still she wasn't going to apologise.

As Dorothy took a seat, Danielle immediately felt better. It was even teams now, though it was upsetting her that Danton was siding with Donavon-he was her twin, they were supposed to stick together. "These...midgets-are Donavon's...children." she whispered back as her sister leaned toward her. She still hadn't fully recoverd from her outburst, Donavon just had a tendency to get on her nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back