Returning from the Hospital

Valcan apparated to the address he had been given, and was suddenly overcome by a blast of heat. He grimaced at the sun, beating down on his back and seeming to mock him. A bead of sweat trailed down his temple as he made his way to the door, inviting himself inside as the door was slightly ajar. Valcan Drage waited for no one, unless, of course, he needed to do so to achieve his own goals.

He started as, right in the doorway, he viewed his son and his detestable ex-lover embracing, and chuckling menacingly, raising his eyebrow, he rumbled, "My my, Sarah, I never would have expected that you were in to younger men."

Sarah noticed the awkwardness that Lief hugged her with. Hmm. Valcan must not have hugged the kids very often growing up. Pulling away, she heard Valcan speak, sarcastically as always. "Valcan. What a surprise. And no, I am not into younger men, but I do believe in hugging those who matter in life. My son-in-law matters very much."

Valcan rolled his eyes. "How touching," he purred sarcastically, turning quickly to Lief. "There must be a purpose for us to be here," he growled, "Other than dinner. I would prefer not to be in the same vicinity as this-" he struggled with finding a word for Sarah, continuing in his thick accent, "Woman."

Lief backed away from both his mother-in-law and his father, finding himself in quite the awkward situation. He smirked, not willing to reveal anything just yet. "Trust me- There's a reason," he replied, smiling, "Would you two care to take a seat in the dining room?"

"My goodness, Valcan. Grow up. I can be adult enough to be in the same room as you for a few hours. It is more than just us now. Our grandchild must come first." Sarah stated to Valcan, her words to him dripping with disdain, but when speaking about her grandchild-to-be, she was sincere. She then turned to Lief and replied. "Lief I would be glad to take a seat in the dining room. Please, lead the way."

Valcan fought the impulse to drop another rude comment, but instead decided to not say anything, turning to Lief. "Yes, I would also like a seat, son," he replied, putting emphasis on the last word.

Daisy was hiding at the top of the stairs, listening to the conversation below. She rolled her eyes at how childish their parents were. She was glad to see that her husband was able to handle them well, and actually grinned when her mother put Valcan in his place a bit. "Go Mother," she whispered. She heard them moving to the dining room, so she hurried back to the bedroom where the twins were sleeping peacefully. She gently moved them to the basket, so she would be able to bring them down to meet the grandparents.

Lief kept his lips pursed, wondering when Daisy was going to come around with the twins. He couldn't wait to see the reactions of Valcan and Sarah, who both were in for a giant surprise; he and Daisy hadn't told anyone about the babies yet. He pulled out a chair for Sarah in the middle of the four seated table, and then one for his father at the south end of the table, as Lief was, of course, the head of this house and would take the North end. "There you are, the both of you," he said quietly, "Daisy should be down in any minute."

With both children situated in the basket, she made her way down the stairs slowly. She could hear Lief mentioning that she would be down in a minute, so she stopped at the bottom of the stairs. "Honey, can you come help me?" She spoke loud enough to be heard in the dining room down the hall, hoping to talk to Lief before they walked in, and to allow the 'kids' in the dining room a minute alone to try to be civil with each other.

"Of course," Lief replied loudly, with a wary look at the two parents before he left the room. He hoped that they would act civilized with one another.

He smiled at Daisy as he saw her at the bottom of the stairs, kissing her on top of her forehead, and murmured quietly, "We should bring them in one by one. I can carry in Anders, and then a moment later you could bring Annette. It would be amusing." He smirked, absolutely elated and eager to bring the surprise upon the parents.

((Okay, I'll be back soon. Gotta shower quick.))

(((No problem. I gotta do some stuff so I won't be back for a little while myself.)))

Daisy smiled as her husband kissed her and made the suggestion. She whispered back, "Great idea. I will bring Annette in shortly. I wonder if those two are able to behave in there by themselves." She walked into the living room and set the basket down near the sofa, bending to pick up Anders and moving to give him to Lief. "Here you go Daddy." She smiled wide then turned to gather Annette to her arms. "I'm ready."

Sarah heard her daughter call for Lief, and wondered what was going on. "Something is up with those two. I don't know what, but they seem to be plotting something." She tried to gauge Valcan's response, but really not sure what to think. She knew that her daughter was in the last days of pregnancy and truly hoped that everything was okay.

Valcan smirked, rubbing his chin and looking at Sarah with an amused expression. "Definitely," he replied, containing his cockiness and discontinuing to mock her for the moment, waiting to see what Lief and Daisy had in store for them.

Lief grinned back at Daisy, and without missing a beat, he turned into the kitchen, Anders held proudly in his bulky arms. Smirking at his father, his ice blue eyes promising the large Norwegian man something more to come, he handed Anders to Sarah, waiting to see the reaction of the two. They had both had no idea whatsoever that the children had been born, and even less of an idea that there were actually two of them. "Say hello to Anders Gilderoy, Grandmother and Grandfather."

Valcan's eyes became wide as he observed his son carrying a baby boy in his arms, noting that Daisy must have given birth days ago and they had kept this a surprise. He smirked as Anders was handed to Sarah, for once in his life patiently waiting his turn; Sarah was closest to the door, after all, and he supposed that he had to share. He turned to Lief in approval. "He looks strong," was the only thing he could comment.

Sarah felt tears of joy spring from her eyes as she saw Lief walk in with her grandson. She could not speak, but simply smile wide as he was placed in her arms. "Oh my goodness," she finally was able to say, then looked up for her daughter. "Where is Daisy?"

"I am right here Mother." No one had noticed Daisy standing in the doorway, holding another child in her arms. She walked over to Valcan and spoke. "This little bundle is your granddaughter. Annette Iduna." She smiled as she placed her into his much larger arms.

Valcan's eyes widened as he noticed Daisy, holding yet another child as she strolled over to him, placing the little girl into his arms. It did not even bother him that Anders was not his namesake, disregarding the fact that Erik already was. His smile was genuine and small as he held the tiny girl in his arms, her little body not even stretching from his wrist to his elbow. "Twins?" he murmured quietly, more than a little amused.

He observed little Annette as she fidgeted in his arms, feeling a connection between this child that he had not possessed with his other grandchildren. He knew already that this kid was going to be her Grandfather's little girl. He looked up at Lief and Daisy. "They're both- beautiful," he said, having struggling to find a word. He had never felt this connected with his own children, however sad that may be.

Lief crossed his arms as he stood back, observing the two grandparents with his children. It impressed him to no bounds to see his father observe something more fondly than he would at a bottle of alcohol or a position of power. He smiled broadly at Daisy, something that he rarely did in front of others.

Sarah just stared at her daughter. "Twins? When did you find out? And when were they born?" She was full of questions, and still in shock of seeing her grandbabies here already.

Daisy watched as she actually saw a genuine smile on Valcan's face. It happened so rarely that she was not sure she had ever seen one. She then turned to her husband and smiled up at him, her smile as broad as his was. She wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled up to him, listening to her mother ask tons of questions. She laughed as she spoke. "Well, they were born on April 25th. We didn't know they were twins until about a month ago." Daisy smiled up at her husband. "We actually just came home from the hospital this morning. We kinda had a feeling that with Daddy here being a twin that there was a higher chance of us having twins as well." She looked up at her husband again, stretching up to kiss him fully on the lips.

Valcan nodded his head, his accent thick as he spoke. "There are twins existent all throughout my family's line," he stated, looking fondly down at Annette. "It's a surprise that isn't much of one, if you get my meaning."

He looked back at forth between the two new parents, and he inquired, "Have you chosen godfathers for the children yet?" He of course wanted to know, in case of anything happening.

Lief smirked back at his father. "Yes, actually, we were going to ask Tristan to be Anders' godfather and Sammael to be Annette's. If they accept, that is how it will be," he stated warmly, hugging Daisy tightly around the waist, not feeling as uncomfortable in this situation as he had thought he would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back