Returning from the Hospital

Lief Sigurd

Lief was bursting with happiness as he returned home with Daisy, humming an unrecognizable tune softly to himself. His children had just been born, and although it was an oddity, he was extremely content. It was unusual for his character, but his demeanor these days had brightened considerably.

He carried Annette and Anders in the same basket, both being small and sleeping peacefully. He loved nothing more in the world than his little family right now, waiting and holding open the door for Daisy, who was still recovering from giving birth to her kids.

blgal546.jpg

If you find a better picture please just post it :D

(((Awwww. Cutie babies! :p Kinda makes me want more! )))

Daisy walked gingerly up to the door of the house, smiling as she watched her husband carrying the twins. She was so happy that she could burst. Her face was starting to hurt from smiling. She was still recovering from the ordeal of giving birth, but was able to walk fairly easily at this point.

She entered the house, and looked around. She loved their home and now it really was complete with the children being there.

((Dear, I think we should at least wait for a few days before we consider more babies. I bet you're tired. :p =))
Seriously, though, my uncle in rl is only like ten months younger than my mom. :o :wacko: that was fast...))

Lief let Daisy walk in, thinking about the heat in Australia; once you got used to it, it really wasn't that bad. He placed the basket down near the table, moving over to Daisy and kissing her gingerly on the cheek. Uttering words that someone else would have been shocked to hear, he asked, "Did you need anything, my precious?"

(((Aww. Do we have to wait? :p )))

Daisy sighed as Lief kissed her. She was so in love with her husband. "Other than a nap, just you," she replied with a smile, throwing her arms around his neck and hugging him. She snuggled into his chest and murmured, "I don't think that I could be any happier than I am right now."

((Yeah. Prolly a week =)) ))

The grin that was spreading on Lief's face could not have been any wider, and he held Daisy close. "Ditto," he replied, the word sounding odd in his thick accent. He looked at the kids. "They're so beautiful," he said quietly, never having said something like this over a baby before.

Daisy looked at the children, all snuggled together in their basket. "Yeah, I think we did pretty good work there." She lifted her head up from Lief's chest and stretched up to kiss him on the lips. "Do you think we should finally let the family know that they are here? And that it is two not just one baby?" she asked with a giggle.

((aww! I love the Daisy-baby picture... Juno rocked))

"You did, my dear, you did," Lief chuckled, kissing Daisy softly back on the lips. A pang of nervousness arose in his chest, and he said, "Why not? Although I think we should leave the surprise that there are two children for them to discover when they get here. What do you think, dear? I think they can both handle it."

Daisy smiled up at her husband. "I think you are right. It will be fun to surprise them. Not only do they get to meet their grandchildren, but also see where we actually live. I kinda like it." She moved away from her husband slowly. "Let me go send Mother an owl. I just hope she doesn't get any bright ideas of bringing Daddy along. That could be dangerous," she added with a chuckle. "Do you want me to owl your father as well?"

Lief chuckled, smirking as he thought about Gilderoy. Forgetting the fact that he was his wife's father, he still was not ready to have the addled Lockhart around his newborns; it might end up in disaster.

"I suppose that you owling father would be best; I think he's still angry with me," Lief replied truthfully. Valcan hadn't taken it too well that he and Daisy had gotten eloped, and without telling him right away.

Daisy peeked at the twins to make sure they were still asleep, then gave her husband another hug. "I hope he is not mad at me any longer. Hopefully he will melt at the sight of the twins. This will be the first time that he would be able to have a real open relationship with grandchildren from the start. That is, if he wants it." She kissed her husband again, then moved across the living room to the desk and sat down. She pulled out a parchment and quill and uncapped the ink. Slowly, she began to draft two letters, one for each parent.

Valcan,
Lief and I would be honored if you would come for dinner at our home this evening.
If this is not convenient, please send word with our owl.
Otherwise, please arrive at 6pm Australian time.
We hope to see you this evening.
Daisy

Mother,
Lief and I would be honored if you would come for dinner at our home this evening.
If this is not convenient, please send word with our owl.
Otherwise, please arrive at 6pm Australian time.
We hope to see you this evening.
Please, do not bring Daddy along though. Not tonight. I will be home to visit him soon.
Love,
Daisy

Quickly, she sealed the letters and hurried up the stairs to give them to their owls. She sent them on the way before returning to the downstairs and her family. She smiled as she entered the room to see Lief sitting on the sofa, watching their sleeping children. She sat down next to him and snuggled in, and quickly fell asleep.

(((sorry for the minor Godmod. If you mind, let me know and I will edit.)))

"Yeah, it might be good for the guy," Lief chuckled, hoping that Valcan would soften up to his grandchildren. He kissed Daisy back on the cheek, bringing the two kids to the couch as Daisy wrote the letters to her mother and his father, hoping that they would reply quickly.

He found himself staring down at his kids; how beautiful and helpless they were. Somewhere, in his cold heart, something had finally allowed him to love, first Daisy and now the most wonderful things in the world. He sat down on the couch, smiling as Daisy fell asleep. Propping his arm up on the couch, he held his head in his hand, and soon found himself enjoying a light snooze.

A while later, Daisy slowly began to wake up. She heard the soft noises of the twins and instantly sat bolt upright. She glanced at the clock and realized she needed to get ready for their company. She looked at Lief, sleeping soundly on the sofa. She smiled, knowing he needed to rest before his father was expected to arrive. Daisy gathered the twins from the basket, and headed upstairs to feed them and then shower and dress.

As she was dressing, she realized that her the owl she sent to her mother had returned, with a note.

Daisy darling,
Of course I will be there. How is the last weeks of pregnancy going? I can't wait to see how cute you look.
I understand about your father. I will have the private nurse stay on tonight to be able to be there without him.
Love,
Mother

Daisy smiled, realizing that her mother was going to be in for a shock.

Lief started as he awoke on the couch, all alone, his arm cramped uncomfortably due to the way he had slept. He started as he looked around, but as he heard the sound of the shower going, he realized that he must have taken the twins upstairs. Adjusting his collar, his gray eyes became trained on the window; there was a raven, irritably tapping its talon against the glass and waiting for him to open it.

Opening the window, he started as the raven took off, dropping the letter inside and deciding not to wait for a reply, its beady eyes glittering in annoyance as it flew off, like a dark shadow blocking out the sun.

Tired and uncoordinated, he fumbled for the edge of the letter, ripping it open and reading it quickly.

Daisy,
I will be there at 6 o clock sharp.  It will be nice to know how you and my son are doing, so I will be prompt.
Valcan
[/i]

Lief sighed as he set the letter from his father down on the coffee table; he didn't think his father knew that the twins had been born. He was going to be in for a surprise, a double whammy, rather, as no one had known that Daisy had actually had twins instead of a single child.

Making his way upstairs, realizing that the shower had been turned off, he stood outside the bedroom door, stating in a low tone, "My father will be here. Did you get a reply from your mother, Daise?"

Daisy jumped as she heard her husband's voice through the door of the bedroom. She quickly crossed to it and opened the door wide. "Yes I did. She will be here at 6." She tightened the towel around her and walked over to the closet. She opened the door and started to pick out something to wear. "I really don't know what to wear. Nothing fits anymore!" she stated with a giggle.

Lief chuckled, shaking his head, looking down at the twins. "I am still wondering how Far will take the surprise; he's never liked surprises, but he's going to have to deal with it." A slight smirk protruding from the corners of his lips, he sat down on the bed, his chest feeling as if he were going to burst with joy, elated by everything that had happened so far in his life. For once, it was nice not to be cloaked by the forbidding and looming presence of his family, realizing now that that was had suffocated him from truly becoming his own person. Now, he had a job at the ministry, and all was fine.

Daisy smiled at Lief. "Well, we have both parents coming over at the same time. You do remember how that went last time they together, right?" She chuckled and began to get dressed, having finally found a simple black dress that she was sure would fit. "I just hope that the fact that the babies are here will soften both of them a bit to each other." Daisy moved to the mirror in the bathroom off of their bedroom to comb her hair. As she combed, she heard the twins starting to stir. "Could you be a dear and change the twins into one of the cute little outfits we have? They need to have their diapers changed too Daddy."

Lief chuckled, shaking his head. "I thought they acted more like children than anything, so hopefully, having kids around will make them a bit more mature." He didn't expect his father nor Sarah to change, he knew a lot better than that.

He made a face as Daisy asked if she would change the twins' diapers, grimacing as he could only nodded. "I never envied Tristan when it came to that particular thing; first with Estrella and now with Erik." He turned to Daisy, smiling as he picked up Anders first, and added, "The kid's going to have some cousins to play with?"

Daisy laughed as she combed her hair. She knew that her husband really did not like the changing of diapers part, but hey, he was part of this too. "I do hope that we will be able to give Erik lots of cousins in the years to come." She looked at her reflection in the mirror, making some final touches, then moving to the bed to pick up Annette. "I'm ready so I can help out. I suspect that our parents will be arriving soon, so we better get a move on. It's almost 6." She moved quickly to change her daughter and place an adorable dress on her that matched the outfit that Lief was putting on Anders. "Honey, I think you should answer the door when they get here. That way we don't give away the surprise too fast."

Lief could only grin mischieviously as Daisy hinted at more children, and thought about how much he had changed over the years; after seeing Tristan with Estrella and Sammael with his own daughter, he had thought that he would never want kids; but at the moment, he didn't abhor the idea of having many kids.

"I think that's a good idea," Lief replied, smiling at the twins; they both looked so cute in their little outfits. He jumped, however, as the doorbell rang. "I wonder which one that could be," he said, "I'll go get the door, hun. We should wait to show off both of the twins until both of them are here."

He strolled downstairs to open the door, leaving Daisy and the twins upstairs.

Sarah had apparated to the outside of the house and rang the bell. She had never been here, but the letter from Daisy gave her the address in Sydney. She waited for the door to be opened, and was curious as to what this was all about.

Lief opened the door with a weak smile, half expecting to see his father there. His grin brightened a bit as he saw Sarah, allowing her in. "Thanks for coming on such short notice," he greeted in his thick accent, "We- Daisy and I- Really appreciate it."

Sarah stepped through the door with a smile for her son-in-law. "Not a problem. I am glad to visit my daughter. Looks like you were expecting someone else with that expression that you had when you opened the door." She looked around the room. "Where is my darling daughter?"

Lief smiled, not wanting to let Sarah go upstairs. He figured that Daisy would come down when both of the grandparents had made their presence known. "Daisy? She happens to be getting ready; she'll be down in a minute." He chuckled softly to himself, knowing that Sarah would expect her daughter to still possess a bulging belly.

"Wonderful. In the mean time, get over here and give me a hug," Sarah said with a chuckle. "You are my favorite son-in-law after all."

Lief was quite surprised as Sarah asked for a hug, unsure as to what to do. Physical affection had been all but forbidden between himself and his parents, and it seemed quite odd for him. Moving forward, he gave Sarah a quick hug, muttering, "Sorry." He reflected with a chuckle that he was Sarah's only child-in-law, but figured that it was nice enough anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back