Returning from the Hospital

Valcan smirked, his golden eyes filled with endearment as he looked down at Annette. "I suppose that those are both good choices, Sammael more than Tristan however." He didn't expect anything to happen to Lief and Daisy, and figured that if it ever came around, things would be decided then. He was a person that was always inclined to think ahead, and this would only add to the collection of things that were ebbing away at his sanity like little groveling maggots. He looked to Sarah, snorting, "I suppose this means we'll have to be civil to each other; pity."

Sarah had been so taken with Anders that she barely listened to the discussion happening around her. She realized she was being spoken to, and finally started paying attention again. "Yes, Valcan that means that you need to be decent. I'm sure you can pull that off if you really try." She never took her eyes from Anders, amazed with the little boy in her arms, but realizing this was no way to bond with her granddaughter. "May we switch? I would like to meet my granddaughter."

"Oh, please," Valcan replied, rolling his golden eyes and standing up straight, afraid that he was going to break his granddaughter. She was barely as long as his hand, after all. Tentatively, he passed her off to Sarah and took Anders, smiling fondly down at him. For some reason, he didn't feel the same connection, but he was his grandchild nonetheless. He had always had a tendency to pick favorites; Sammael over Tristan, Brunhilde over Lief, and now Annette over Anders. It was just the way he was. He wondered in the back of his mind how it would go between Sophia and Estrella; luckily for Erik, his other grandson, he really had no one to contend with.

He brought his attention back to the little boy, who was a tad bigger than his sister and was sleeping fitfully. "Well, I hope you two are proud," he murmured.

Daisy noticed the tension between her mother and Valcan was still there, but that they were trying to be better about it. She snuggled as close as she could to her husband, smiling as she noticed how a few babies really changed the dynamic in the room. When she heard Valcan mutter about them being proud, she answered. "We are very proud. I don't think anything could make life better right now."

"You know that's three generations of twins?" Valcan murmured, stroking the end of Anders foot to see if he would get a reaction. He got a strong kick in response, and he smirked. "First, there was Larkana and myself, and then Brunhilde and Lief, and now these two." He felt a pang of sadness as he thought about Larkana, one of the people in his life that he had missed dearly. He wished that he could find Ishamael and kill him for what had happened, but the man had since disappeared. It'll come in time, he thought to himself, He has to show up sooner or later. Valcan had his resources, and would not back down from a pledge if he was serious about it.

Daisy looked up at her husband and smiled before looking back at Valcan. "Wow. Three generations. That is amazing. I hope that continues, but just not with any more of our future children. I think one set of twins is all we could handle."

Sarah listened as Valcan spoke. She forgot that his sister had died and all of the issues surrounding that time. She had never known Larkana, but he had spoken of her on occasion. She gave him a look that was much softer than usual, starting to remember what they had before. She shook her head and thought to herself, I really need to stop thinking about him. What is past is past. He is not the same man anymore anyways. She decided to turn the conversation back to her daughter and son-in-law. "So Lief, I hear though my connections that you have a new job. Congratulations!"

Lief turned and smiled at Sarah, who had seemed to have a somewhat compassionate look on her face when his father had mentioned his dead aunt. He might have imagined it, however, and shrugged it off, replying, "Yes, I work at the International Magical Trading Standards body starting next week." He still thought it was weird to say, not having had a solid job before besides a being an assistant at a shop when he was younger.

Valcan repositioned Anders in his arm, looking at Lief. "It is good to hear that you have gotten a job." It disappointed him that none of his children had chosen to pursue politics, but at least they had all gotten jobs in the Ministry at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back