Returning from Bulgaria

Chavdar Zhefarovich

Wand
Poisonwood 14 3/4" Core of Basilisk Fang and Ebony 14" Core of Chimera Scale
Chavdar apparated back to his home. Chavdar opened the door, and closed it behind him, slightly chilled by the weather. It was in the middle of December, so he expected it to be cold, but it was colder than he thought. Chavdar glanced around, and saw that nothing was out of place. Smiling to himself, he used his wand to make his things hover upstairs. He had informed Rosaline a week beforehand that he would be returning, and hoped that she did not get in trouble by it.

Chavdar walked over to the thermostat to turn the heat up, and decided to decorate his house for Christmas. He was wanting Hadan to come home with presents under the tree, with the whole muggle tradition or something. He never celebrated it, but eh, why not? Chavdar went to the basement, and got the huge box full of decorations. He began by attempting to put the tree up. It was a rather funny sight, since he was struggling to find a place for it. He moved some furniture and set it in the corner.

Chavdar used a stool from the kitchen to stand in order to fix the top of the tree. The rest of the Christmas decorations began to put themselves up, from garland to that "big, red, jolly man" knickknacks about the house.

Rosaline had received a letter exactly a week ago stating that Chavdar would be returning, she had been counting down the days until then, the month had felt so long, which made her feel so silly. The day that Chavar was returning was here and Rosaline was as busy as a beaver with the exams of the students coming up, Avrille, Gisella, Gaspard, Aiden and Joceline, so she had to block in time to prepare to greet him as he arrived back.

When she was prepared she looked at the large grandfather clock in her bed room and rolled her eyes, she was a little late, as always. Rosaline picked up a jacket and her wand and apparated to Chavdar's house. When she was there she went into his living room expecting him to be sitting on his couch, not on a stool trying to set a Christmas tree up. She cleared her throat so she didn't startle him then asked quietly, "Why don't you just use magic?"

Rosaline watched as the rest of his decorations set themselves up then set her gaze onto Chavdar who was still hovering over the large tree on a stool, and smiled. She couldn't believe how much she missed him, she felt so.. well she didn't know how she felt but certainly that added into it. "Getting into the Christmas spirit I see," she said in a hushed tone as she looked about his familiar house, at this time it seemed that she spent more time here then with Avrille back at home, which she felt bad for, the poor girl really didn't know what to do with herself.

Chavdar finally had the tree set up, and stared at it. He smiled when he heard Rosaline's voice. Chavdar turned to face her, and hopped off the stool, and shrugged, "Takes the fun out of it. It's not everyday you get to say you wrestled with a tree." Chavdar flicked his wand at the tree, and the lights and decor began to hang themselves. Besides the shades of blacks and greys, the only color in the house was green. Chavdar glanced about, seeing all the Christmas things.

Smiling, he replied, "Well, I want Hadan to have a good Christmas. After everything she has been through, she needs it." Chavdar glanced at the ground, and walked to stand in front of her. Chavdar smirked slightly, "At least I didn't hang any mistletoe around here." Chavdar was rather happy to see her, and didn't understand why exactly. The last month or so felt rather dreadful, even after seeing Kailie again and the rest of his family. Namina, of course, pounced on him, giving him hugs galore, then demanding about Kalif. He was glad to be back home, though, here in New Zealand.

Rosaline smirked at Chavdar's comment about mistletoe and said, "You don't need it." She wrapped her arms around him carefully after closing the small distance between them. "That's nice that you're like that for her, I only hope Avrille will be satisfied with the small Christmas we're having," she said with a motherly smile, letting Chavdar know that she had adopted Avrille.

She looked into his eyes, relief in his safety played in her own, as she asked, "How was Bulgaria?" She let out a small sigh as she looked at Chavdar, taking in each and every one of his features, it seemed like she had forgotten it in that short amount of time being separated from him, which was quite pathetic in her eyes, but she didn't care, she was happy being pathetic when she was around him. Does that make sense? she asked herself and looked to the right gently as she thought to herself. Rosaline shook the thought off and looked back at Chavdar as she waited for his response, she hoped would be a good one, at least under the circumstances anyways.

Chavdar put his arms around her and smiled, "I don't think so either." Chavdar listening to her next words, and nodded, "You adopted Avrille. It feels strange being a parent, huh." Although his daughter was adopted, and already family by a loose end of the family tree, it still felt odd, and yet, natural. It forced him to grow up, that was for sure. Hadan had a huge part of his life, and he was willing to take a bullet for her. Or rather, a spell.

Chavdar rolled his eyes and laughed, "Well, being pounded by hugs isn't what I would call a happy month. Mostly Namina was giving them. Then Vialine, and finally Kailie, Namina's youngest girl. Other than that, everything was a tense atmosphere. I will be keeping Kaleb once January comes around. And Vasilka will be babysitting while I am at work. Everything has been worked out." Chavdar wondered what all had happened over the time he had been absent. He decided to ask, "Well, how was your break from me?"

Rosaline nodded her head and said, "Yes, but she thinks of me more as an aunt then anything." That didn't bother her though, she loved the rebellious little girl her brother had adopted then given up to her. Avrille would be attending Durmstrang in the up coming September and Rosaline's younger sister, Nusa, would have to watch over her because they both knew that Avrille's sister, Simone, would not.

She listened to Chavdar's words and smiled approvingly when he mentioned Namina, remembering Kalif's expression when she had asked about her. "Well I've gotten a job at Hogwarts as a librarian," she began thoughtfully. "I've met Kalif, decent man, and that's basically it," she concluded pathetically. She closed her mouth as she waited for a string of questions to come about her meeting Kalif in the forest.

Chavdar nodded, understanding, "Maybe it was because of your brother adopting her first." He shrugged. He knew why Hadan thought of him like a father, and that was because she never really had one. It wasn't a blow to her emotions when she discovered that he was dead, and been dead for a year or so. Chavdar forgot when Bryan Johnson was found dead. Not like it matters, he was a squib.

Chavdar's smile vanished when he heard that she met Kalif. Sure, Kalif was civil at times, but he can be harsh and cruel as well. Even Chavdar did not want to get on his bad side. And, Kalif was excellent at figuring things out. "You met him...? Where? He didn't hurt you, did he?" Chavdar wondered if Kalif worked at the school. He did not know this, at all. A Death Eater at the school sounds just off. Chavdar could not remember if any of his old professors in Durmstrang were Death Eaters or not.

Rosaline shrugged her shoulders gently and said, "That's more then likely it." She shook her head once when Chavdar asked her if he had hurt her and she put her hand on his cheek gently and said, "I met him at Hogwarts, in the Forbidden Forest and he didn't hurt me at all, he's smarter then that." She paused as she exhalled deeply wondering how to say that he knew about them, sure Kalif had said that he wasn't going to go out of his way to tell but he wasn't going to hide it either.

"He figured it out," she began soothingly then twitched the corner of her lips into a smile, but then pressed them together before adding on to it, "He wont go out of his way to tell anyone, but he wont hide it either." She frowned worriedly as she thought frustratedly, This is why I don't have relationships. Rosaline knew that one way or another Gaspard or Apsaruh would find out, she hadn't even begun to think of her father who was more dangerous then the two of them combined and seemed to be extremely protective over her and her younger sister, as much as a Death Eater could anyways.

Chavdar listened, and was in shock. Kalif was smart, maybe too smart. He had figured it out, everything. Chavdar stared down, at the floor. Was this a good thing, or a bad thing? Kalif did not have the best relationship with Asparuh. In fact, Chavdar was almost positive that they only spoke to each other over Death Eater matters. That was it. Other than that, Kalif was only around Asparuh when Chavdar and Asparuh stood in the same room, more than half the time, to make sure neither are killed.

Chavdar sighed, "He teaches at the Hogwarts school. Are they mad? Having a Death Eater there! But if I told, he would kill me. So, I better keep my mouth shut." He paused, and gazed into Rosaline's eyes, "I'm glad he didn't hurt you. I guess I didn't give Kalif enough credit when I thought he was smart. Figures he won't hide it, I mean, he has other things to deal with. At least he won't tell dad. Dad would go on a rampage, even though his anger has calmed down over the years." Asparuh was beyond his years, controlling his anger.

Asparuh used to be downright insane, and psychotic. But, that was in his younger years. Chavdar shuddered, thinking about the history of his father. It had gone as far as killing other fellow Death Eaters. However, since Asparuh had calmed down, a lot, maybe he wouldn't react the same way as he would have back in the 20th century. "Rosaline, if Asparuh and Gaspard do find out, then what would happen? What I am trying to say is that, maybe we can get them to fight each other rather than them going after us. If I know my father, he would be looking for someone else to blame as well."

Rosaline bit her lip at Chavdar's question, it would be hard but Gaspard was relatively easy to manipulate. Asparuh on the other hand.. well that would be a little more difficult. "I don't know Chav, actually I don't even know if he would have a problem with you, as you're pureblood but.. I don't want to risk anything," she said as she pressed her eye brows together thoughtfully. "Even if it does work, my father," she trailed off gently.

Rosaline looked into Chavdar's eyes as she remembered something Kalif had said then began, "Kalif had a suggestion though," she paused, trying to think if it would actually work, she wasn't even sure but she didn't want him hurt. "An Unbreakable Vow," she concluded simply. She sighed inaudibly, as she waited for his response.

Chavdar listened and something ran through his mind. Why did Asparuh hate Rosaline? He hated Dorothee because she had a muggle parent. He hated Namina because of her family, being so good, but why Rosaline, of them all? Chavdar said, "There is only one way to find out. But the tricky thing would be how Gaspard and I would meet, without you around." Chavdar thought of the possibilities, but he was a Zhefarovich, and that alone was a powerful name. At least, in Bulgaria.

"Your father?" Chavdar frowned slightly, "Well, if he is a Death Eater, then we might have something to worry about." Asparuh wasn't the kind to be friends with other Death Eaters unless they were around when Voldemort was alive. What a battle that would be. Chavdar knew what Asparuh would cast if he got into a tight situation, and that would be Fiendfyre rather than the killing curse, since Asparuh used that almost weekly.

Chavdar heard this, and cocked his eyebrow up, "An Unbreakable Vow? We would both need something to agree upon, and the only person he would dare listen to is Hadan. And I am not sure if she would even be happy about this." Chavdar smiled a bit, thanking his evil half-brother for the suggestion. It was an option for the future. That is, if they made it to the future first.

Rosaline pursed her lips in thought and said, "I'm not sure, he is going into Brightstone in a few days though, Joceline needs more supplies or something of the sort." She sighed, she really didn't know what to do or say at any of this. She then raised her eye brows at Chavdar's words about him being a Death Eater and said, "He was one when Voldemort was alive, actually he got high up in the ranks."

She was not proud but the way she was speaking it sounded like she was, which was more then a little pathetic considering her avid hatred for Death Eaters. She shrugged her shoulders at Chavdar's words and said, "I don't know, I'm just trying to think of solutions." Rosaline shook her head softly trying to get her worry out of her thoughts but it was firmly tucked in her mind.

Chavdar smiled a little bit, "Maybe I can meet him there. Gain his trust. It is something easy for me." He smirked, thinking a bit highly of himself in that aspect. When he heard this, he had to question it. "You have got to be kidding. My dad was high up there as well. Then again, he was old enough to fight in both wars." Chavdar rolled his eyes. What if they did know each other? Both together, high ranked Death Eaters, well, needless to say how dangerous that would be. Even a man like Rosaline's father being protective over his daughter...Chavdar assumed it would be the same way if Asparuh knew Nataliia.

Chavdar gave her a smile, and played with her hair, "How about we get off this subject? Get onto something happier, or you choose what our next action is." Chavdar did not want Rosaline unhappy, especially with a touchy subject like this.

Rosaline smiled as Chavdar played with her hair, her cheeks flushed gently as she smiled then responded, "I like that idea." She didn't want to talk about it at this moment, she was just happy to be with him now. She leaned in to him and asked curiously, "What would you like to do?"

Rosaline smirked as she waited for a response knowing exactly what she wanted to do, but she figured that it would be best if they just continued speaking. She rolled her eyes at the thought of warning him before kissing him, it seemed so elementary and stupid. So she decided that she would just let him do as he wanted.

[Bahh lame post]

Chavdar glanced about the house, seeing that the decorations were in place. Chavdar smirked, and acted as though he was going to kiss her, but stopped short. He murmured, "I'll let you decide that." Chavdar couldn't help but laugh silently. He pulled his head away, and smiled, "I always let the woman do want she wants. It is just my job to put up with it." The last part of his statement was more teasing than anything else.

Chavdar took the moment to savor what happiness he felt right now. It was hard to explain, but nonetheless, he liked it. Chavdar continued to play with her hair, and he kept smiling. He wondered how long she is going to stick around without getting in trouble with Gaspard. Chavdar retained his thoughts on the man. He did not know him, at all, so he shouldn't judge.

Rosaline scowled as Chavdar stopped short from what she had expected to be a kiss then said sarcastically, "You're so funny you know." She wrinkled her nose at his last comment and then teased back, "Put up with? Is that what this is?" She rolled her eyes gently at her own words.

She leaned in closer to him and tilted her head gently to the sighed and rested her head on his chest warmly. "I'm fine with anything Chav," she said affectionately then sighed in comfort. Rosaline really didn't care what they did but she was fine with what ever they were going to do. She leaned in cautiously then kissed his cheek softly.

[I'm so out of it]

Chavdar couldn't help but laugh when she scowled. Chavdar smirked, "I know it. I couldn't help myself." Chavdar thought for a moment, and shrugged, "The opposite actually." He knew that she was teasing, but he spoke the honest truth. He thought over his words, and couldn't help but think he was sounding slightly silly, but then again, when wasn't he when he was around her?

Chavdar stroked her back gently when she rested her head on his chest. He felt her kiss his cheek, and he did not move. Instead, he inquired, "Would you like to sit on the couch? It would be better than just standing here." Chavdar smiled down at her. "I should have asked you to take a seat before anything else. I must apologize for that." Chavdar bowed his head slightly and waited for her response.

((Eh, I am only half into it. I am working on so many things right now. >.<))

Rosaline smiled as she felt Chavdar's hand rubbed up and down her back then responded to his words, "You don't need to apologize for anything." She inched away and and took his hand and led him over to his couch and sat down comfortably. When Chavdar was sitting she pulled herself in closer to him and smiled up at him. "So my dear," she began playfully, "What would you liked to do?" Rosaline really didn't have any preference to what they did as long as she was with him, which made her happy. I'm such a cornball, she thought as she rolled her eyes at herself.

Chavdar followed her to the couch, and sat down. Once she was close to him, he wrapped his arms around her, and smiled. He stared down at her, and once she asked what would they like to do, he did not answer at first. Chavdar shrugged, "What do you have in mind?" Chavdar was actually happy with just being with her. He wondered how in the world they just got into a physical relationship. It was sudden, and not that he was complaining, but also pretty fast. Chavdar wondered if they were just holding back or something. Whatever the case was, he enjoyed it.

Rosaline shrugged her shoulders and said, "Nothing, I was just asking." She smiled up at him and sighed as at her thoughts, which were basically the same as Chavdar's except memories of Vaschel kept arriving to add guilt into it. You're husband is dead and you're already dating, she thought to herself but she replied to her own thoughts with, It's been two years since he was murdered. She frowned discretely at her own thoughts but looked up at Chavdar and forced a warm smile, though it didn't touch her eyes in the least.

Chavdar stared down at her, and read the guilt in her eyes. He immediately knew. Well, it was quite obvious. Chavdar felt a bit bad, and sighed. He murmured, "You are feeling guilty again, aren't you." He was too, to say the least. Chavdar forced a smile, "Whenever you want to stop, I understand. But if you don't, think I understand that too." Chavdar wondered what it was like in her position. He had never had a wife then have her murdered by her own family. He could never understand that, no matter how much he tried.

Rosaline looked down when Chavdar brought up her guilt, she glanced back up at him, and put her hand on his cheek reassuringly then said in a soft tone, "I am, but it's fine." She smiled at him and said, "I like you, don't worry." She let out a small sigh before leaning in and kissing him warmly, trying to assure him that her guilt was loosening ever so slightly, and that she cared for him. Even though she knew Vaschel would be fine with this, she had still loved him dearly, probably always would but he was not coming back and she knew this.

Chavdar murmured, "I just want to be sure." Just as he was about to say that he liked her as well, he was stopped by a kiss. Chavdar couldn't help but return the kiss as well. It did reassure him slightly, but he still felt bad, even though it wasn't noticeable now. Chavdar pulled away from her, and gave her a smile, letting his face give off his emotions, which was a lot lighter than his guilty expression. Chavdar's mind of course, went to Asparuh and Gaspard, along with Rosaline's father. Chavdar chuckled, "I feel like a rebel now."

As they pulled their lips away from each other Rosaline could feel her cheeks become increasingly flushed. She smiled back up at him then chuckled at his comment and said, "I can see how you would feel that way." She smirked and said playfully, "I've been feeling this the whole time we've been seeing each other." She smiled brightly at him and bit her lip happily as she waited for his response.

Chavdar couldn't help but laugh, "I didn't know that." Chavdar liked the whole rebelling feeling. It brought back memories of being a teenager, which would have been much better if he lived them the right way. Chavdar cocked his head slightly to the side, and smirked, "I bet you are enjoying this feeling, aren't you." He did, actually. And that surprised him. It also surprised him that he was happy about it, and did not care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back