Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight Dark Cherrywood Wand 13" Sturdy with Selkie Hair
It was almost an Entire Decade since Kida had been on the school grounds, but recently she applied for a Professor role and had succeeded; not telling her family what she was doing in case she got denied the role she didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but succeeding she had secretly managed to avoid Aeon upon arriving and she hoped that no one had told him that she had got the job. Quickly running up the stairs her Professors robes whipping behind her she reached the fifth floor and skidded to a halt, She hadn't run like that through a castle in almost 15 years she would have thought.

The Transfiguration room was here, remembering her fond memories with her God Father Remus and learning Transfiguration one of her favourite subjects she pushed open the door and poked her head in, no one to be seen. Slipping inside the class room Kida quickly but softly closed the door and then lightly jogged to the offices and tapped on her Cousin's door and pressed her ear against it, she heard now sound and carefully opened the door, no one to be seen. she was about to slip inside the office when she heard a voice outside the first door she entered and recognized it immediately as Aeons, Slipping inside the new Professor was originally planning on just writing him a strange note and transfiguring some things in his office to mess with him but she instead quickly sat in his desk chair and put her legs up on his desk, crossing her ankles she smirked.

Listening as footsteps approached the room she quickly considered different options of scaring him, but decided on just sitting here would freak him out enough.

In what felt like almost no time at all, the start of the school year had come by again, meaning it was back to work for Summers. He loved his job, teaching the older students everything there was to learn about Transfiguration, the branch of magic he had an absolute passion for, but at the same time, he wished he were able to be with his family more often, especially considering he was a married man now. As the wizard walked through the castle's empty corridors, he fiddled absently with the latest ring decorating his finger, the metal band symbolising his eternal love for his partner. He couldn't fathom how something so small and precious could hold so much meaning to him. All it was was metal, when it came down to it, yet now it was this powerful binding aspect of his relationship.

Forcing himself to drop his hands and avoid scratching or damaging the surface of his ring, the animagus instead stuffed them into the pockets of his Professor's robe as he walked along. The Sorting Ceremony would begin later that evening, with multiple first years gathering in the hall to be placed into a house. He could hardly believe that it had been, what, seventeen years since the sorting hat had first put him into Gryffindor house? He'd come so far since then, becoming a prefect, achieving the ability to shapeshift into a dog at will, owning a store and now teaching at the school he used to call home. It was crazy.

With lessons to prepare and a lot of work to do before the ceremony began, Aeon ascended the staircase towards the fifth floor and headed toward his office. As he reached the tall, dark oak door, the wizard reached for the handle and turned, swinging it open and taking a step inside. But that was as far into the room as he got. As soon as the office's interior was revealed to him, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He stepped backwards, slowly closing the door shut again. No, there was no way. He thought he'd seen Kida, wearing professor robes no less, but that was absolutely daft. She had her job at the Ministry, plus her Quidditch team to look after, right? Surely he was imagining things. With a slight intake of breath, the wizard pushed open the door once more, taking his time. She was still there. "...What." He muttered, a little confused. Was this a joke? How had she even gotten onto the school grounds? "Kida. You're uh, in my office. What in Merlin's name are you doing here."

With the Door before her swinging open and then close again Kida smirked, Aeon obviously wasn't prepared to see her there, she waited patiently for him to open the door again as if closing it the first would make her dissapear. She had half the thought of quickly ducking behind the desk so at first glance he wouldn't be able to see her but she would jump up and scare him but she stayed in her original position. Aeon seemed baffled, however Kida just grinned and waited for him to find words.
Asking her why she was there she stood up and elegantly pushed her robes behind her so they snapped. 'Well, My Dear Cousin. You're looking at the new Care of Magical Creatures Professor' she bowed slightly, before running around his desk and giving Aeon a flying hug, wrapping her arms around him giving him a solid hug that would almost crack his ribs. 'We're at School again!' she said excitedly.

Letting Aeon breathe Kida took a step back to see if he was still with her or if he had passed out from shock. 'After Ten years we return! but I don't plan on spending the same amount of time in the Hospital Wing this time' she chuckled and brushed her hands through her long hair and walked around his office, looking at the various objects and poking a few odd looking ones 'So what should we do first?' she asked as she picked up a book and flicked through it thumbing through various pages before slapping it shut and putting it back where she picked it up originally. The new Professor turned around on the balls of her feet and looked at her cousin 'Run through the School grounds, or Climb some trees in the Forbidden Forest?' picking up and putting down a few more books she made full circle back near Aeon 'Swim with the Mermaids in the lake? Or perhaps fly around the Quidditch Pitch, if you think you can catch up with a Pro like me'

Aeon was shocked by his cousin's response. Care of Magical Creatures? Professor? Was she serious? He was aware that the position had been vacant over the holidays, along with a few others, but he hadn't expected Kida to apply. He didn't think she had the time, or interest. Flying was more his cousin's forte, or perhaps even Muggle Studies given her lineage. Despite being able to change into an animal, he hadn't known she was too into them, let alone willing to teach about them. What about her Ministry position?

Before he had any time to really ask one of the many questions on his mind, his cousin's arms were wrapped around him, crushing his chest in an uncomfortable hug. The air left his lungs and the best he could do was groan in response, patting her slightly on the back and mentally willing her off. She eventually let him go and he regained his breath, free of her constriction. "Yeah." He panted, air still returning to his lungs. "Ten years, and we're both back here. Who would have thought it?" He straightened his robes and smiled, taking in exactly what that meant. The two of them would be working together in the castle they grew up in. It was an exciting thought, knowing he'd have someone to spend his breaks with that he actually knew well. There was so much they'd be able to relive together. Hospital Wing trips definitely weren't one he was too keen on. "I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you spent more time in a hospital bed recovering from an injury than teaching. I don't understand how you never got your own personal bed." The wizard remarked with a roll of his eyes. It felt like she spent more nights there than her own dormitory.

As Kida helped herself to his office and asked what they could do, Aeon was stumped. He leaned against the edge of his desk, considering what she'd suggested. They could do what they used to do, and it sounded fun. Especially with no students on the grounds yet. Climb trees in the Forbidden Forest? He hadn't even stepped foot into the place since he was seventeen. Her last suggestion was definitely out of the question. "I'm not flying around the Pitch with you. Your whole career has literally been focused on Quidditch, it wouldn't even been slightly enjoyable." He said truthfully. The only time he'd picked up a broom and flown with her in the past couple of years was when they went to England to find his brother. He breathed a sigh. "I don't know. Swimming in the Lake sounds relaxing. There's not much else I can think of. You never found the Room of Requirement, did you?" He said with a smile. He'd found the hidden room during his time as a student. It had been quite an accomplishment.

Kida was rather tempted to trip Aeon at the Hospital Wing remark, it was true that in her schooling years she spent a lot of time there, she would often fall out of trees in the forbidden forest and land on the exposed roots below or get knocked off her broom, she even had a fight with her other cousin Sern which had left her pretty damaged; Kida believed that in her years of being a Quidditch Professional flying around Pitches and dealing with Bludgers she had become far more stable, after all she hadn't fallen off a broom in a long time, and since having Children she hasn't climbed any tree's. With Children in her life she had to make sure she was around for them to grow up with a Mother who cares and supports them, not one who ends up in St Mungos. Quidditch wasn't exactly the safest way to ensure that but she was good at what she did, Plus by Working at the School she wouldn't need to worry about not seeing them, she would see them both when they started to Study.

Not being surprised when Aeon rejected her proposal to go to the pitch she rolled her eyes 'I'd go easy, Teach you a thing or two about flying, and I promise I wouldn't knock you off' she batted her eyelashes trying to convince him, she hadn't had a relaxing fly in a while, the last time she was on a Broom with Aeon they were looking for her Cousin Sern and it was more rushed then anything due to him being hurt, Kida had allowed him to stay with her at her place in Brightstone, with her Brother who lived up the hill checking in on him, with his return she didn't want to smother him, she presumed he had spent a long time forced to do what he didn't want to do, so Kida wanted to make sure he could do what he wanted, he had free range to anything he required at her house she had even given him a Broom for a gift so he could visit where ever he required if he didn't want to use the Floo Network. 'Do you think the Merfolk are still down at the Lake?' she asked curiously, 'I would love to go for a swim with them again, they find the coolest things' she said reverting back to her younger herself, not having used the word coolest since she was a student. Aeon also asked if she ever found the Room of Requirement she exhaled through her nose in amusement 'Remember, I was always in the Hospital Wing or out getting myself hurt, I never had time to find portrait holes or the Room of Requirement, But it would be good to find now that I don't have a need to climb any tree in the Forbidden forest, Do you remember where it is now?' she asked curiously. Although the school hadn't changed much since they were students ten years ago, It didn't mean that things may not seem as familiar, They had both filled their head with other knowledge, Aeon how to make the perfect Sandwhich out of pancakes probably and Kida, well how to change a nappy without getting it all over yourself.

Walking around Aeon's office some more she lifted a book off the bookshelf and thumbed through the pages before placing it back. 'Transfiguration Professor Aeon, I'm expecting a hidden fridge or room in here somewhere' she joked as she pulled some books as if one of them would be a secret lever to another room. At School Aeon always was finding hidden things, Now he had an office, she was almost positive he would have a hidden room here designed himself so if he ever moved on to do bigger and better things the next Professor would be shocked when they clapped three times and did a specific dance that a hidden door opened to reveal a room full of expired candy or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back