Restless.

Shaylah Rouge

OOC First Name
Taneaka [main]
Wand
15" Ebony and Raven Feather
Shaylah couldn't sleep. She didn't know why. Getting bored of just lying in bed, she decided to go for a walk and try and get rid of energy so she had some chance of getting some shut eye.
Shaylah had just chucked on any clothes before walking out of the slytherin common room and she hadn't bothered doing her hair. She didn't know who would be walking round the castle at this time of night but she expected everyone would be trying to get some sleep before they had classes the next day.

[Hope it's cool for me to join]

Lily preferred the school at night. It was quiet and hardly anyone was around, and though, Lily almost always wore heels when out and about, she was never caught. And hopefully never would be. She'd normally stay out at the cliff, but after returning tonight, she decided to explore the school in the silence of the night. Taking off her shoes, so she wouldn't be too loud, Lily began with the first floor. Up ahead she noticed someone walking. Who looked like they'd just woken up. Lily was afraid, it could be a teacher. But the person was small. It couldn't be. Lily, quietly crept towards the girl. It wasn't until she was closer she realised who it was.

"Shaylah!" Lily said in a loud whisper. What on earth was this girl doing up and about. Lily had crept up behind the girl, so Lily smiled slightly at the possibility of scaring, but somehow she didn't think Shaylah was easily scared. She didn't seem like the type.

"What on earth are you doing up?" Lily whispered, a little softer.

(Yeah, of course it is :D )

Shaylah heard someone say her name behind her. She turned round and saw Livia. Great. That's all I need. Shaylah didn't like Livia but she acted as if she liked her at least a bit.
"I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk. Why are you here??" She couldn't be bothered to whisper so Shaylah was talking i her normal voice-just slightly quieter because of how tired she was.

Lily brought a finger to her lips and sshed, Shaylah. Who was talking at her almost normal voice. Lily couldn't really stand this girl, but she had to pretend to be friendly towards her. It was hard however, Shaylah made it very difficult for Lily to pretend to like her. Lily looked around them. Shaylah was going to get them caught, and from what she could tell about Shaylah she didn't mind. Lily did mind, she didn't want to lose Slytherin points. Slytherins were the best. And they had to show this by winning the cup.

"I was exploring." Lily said simply and in a very quiet whisper. "You should get back to the common room. You make way to much noise to be walking around the school at this time of night." Lily continued in her whisper voice.

Shaylah laughed when Livia put her finger to her lips. She didn't care about house pints. It was just the school's way of getting everyone to behave.
"No chance. I've been led in bed trying to get to sleep for ages and failing. There is no way I'm going back there just to be bored out my skull again. I don't care how load I am." Shaylah leant against the wall and looked up and down the corridor.

Lily could've strangled the girl. She couldn't believe she'd even attempted to be nice to this girl. Did this girl hate slytherin. Lily looked the corridor up and down. She had half a mind to just leave the girl there, or find someway of getting her caught. Though that could mean Lily too could be caught. Lily hated Shaylah. She hated her lack of fashion sense. There was no way the two could ever be friends or pretend to be.

"I though you were pro-Slytherin, and Slytherins are best. You're hardly showing that here. At least I care about the house." Lily said, in a whispered, though the anger still sounded. "You're a waste of a Slytherin."

"I love Slytherin. It's great. Thing is though, if you knew anything about phsycology (sp) you'd know that it's just how the adults get all the kids too behave. If the know that by behaving they could make their house win the cup, they behave. The only time I 'behave' is in front of the teachers because then if I get accused of doing anything they won't believe it." Shaylah crossed her arms and frowned at her.

Lily couldn't help but see Logic in Shaylah's reasoning. But it was still late. If teachers saw them, then they'd give them into trouble. They were slytherins, most took pleasure in taking points of the house of Slytherin, Lily assumed. She stilled frowned at the girl. She really wanted to just leave this girl, but something told Lily she shouldn't. May as well get caught together rather than separate. They could make up some excuse about being sick.

"Well, you shouldn't stop moving. You're less likely to get caught, if you move around the school quietly than sitting around." Lily whispered. "I'm exploring the castle, and as much as I hate myself for saying this, you should join me. We can explore and keep moving so we don't get caught and we are still breaking rules."

Shaylah couldn't understand Livia. She always acted so wierd. "Fine, whatever. Have it your way then." Shaylah thought she might as well do what Livia said. She was trying to get rid of energy by walking round so it would make more sense to have company than to go alone.
Shay started walking down the corridor looking over her shoulder to see if Lily was following. Just make conversation. Talk about anything. "So, where do you live??" That'll have to do.

Lily hadn't really expected Shaylah to agree to joining her. She hated Shaylah and Shaylah hated her, and yet, Lily figured that just like she was, Shaylah was pretending to be nice. Lily started walking just after Shaylah did. She wondered if talking was necessary. Neither of them was really interested in the other person. Lily looked ahead to where they were walking, just as Shaylah asked a question. Lily sshed her again. She was still speaking loudly.

"Wellington. New Zealand." Lily lied perfectly. No one would ever know that she wasn't from there unless she told them, that basically everything about her was a lie. "What about you? And keep your voice down! It's no use walking around if they can follow the sound of your booming voice."

"Merlin's beard, you just gave me a compliment. Are you ok?? Do you need to see the school nurse??" Shaylah smiled. Livia had never said anything complimenting to Shaylah. "I used to live in Scotland but coming to Hogwarts gave me and my dad the perfect excuse to move to New Zealand." Shaylah had been loads happier with her life since she moved away from Scotland. It had been living hell for her.

Lily was getting more and more annoyed at Shaylah. She really couldn't stand the girl. It was almost no use talking to her. Lily however let it slide. She didn't want to get caught and if Lily let her anger get to her, she'd be punching the girl. Lily took a deep breath. She wasn't going to let it get to her. Lily began to wonder why Shaylah had moved to New Zealand, but they hardly knew each other and didn't like each other, so Lily wasn't about to ask about it.

"Keep your voice down, Shaylah. Or we will need the school nurse." Lily whispered angrily. "Do you prefer Scotland or New Zealand?" Lily asked, think this was safer than anything else she could ask.

Shaylah was having fun annoying Livia. As she didn't have any siblings, she didn't have anyone to annoy so shewas hapy she finally had someone to take the place.
"Oh, come on. Have you never tried living on the edge of danger??" Shaylah loved the adrenaline she got from danger. "New Zealand definitely."

Lily didn't know what to think of the girl anymore. Lily never really lived on the edge. She had a little, sneaking out and dancing in rain and hail but it wasn't really, Lily was guessing the type of Living on the edge Shaylah meant. Lily did however like the fact that the girl had chosen New Zealand over Scotland. New Zealand was ten times better. And get very much better weather. Lily took a long breath in the silence.

"Define living on the edge, Shaylah?" Lily said. Not even looking to the girl, Lily wanted to know what this girl thought was living on the edge.

Shaylah laughed at Livia's comment. She didn't realise the girl could ask such an obvious question. "Living with danger in your life instead of being huddled in bubble wrap and not taking risks. Haven't you ever walked through a forest at night not knowing what could suddenly leap out at you??" This was one of Shaylah's favourite things. The woods which her house was in were amazing at night and she loved it so much that whenever she couldn't sleep, she'd sneak out of the house and explore.

Lily had meant define what you do to live on the edge. But She obviously hadn't been clear enough. Lily could've laughed at the fact the girl believed that going into a dark forest was living on edge. That was easy. Lily could do that easily. They'd be sneaking around like they were now. Hardly making it clear that you weren't going with the rules.

"I meant define what you do to live on the edge. Which I guess is nothing. You just speak of it, to try make up for your lack of fashion sense." Lily snapped at the girl in a hushed tone.

"Merlin's beard. I've just explained. Are you really so dumb that you couldn't understand me?? Plus, I don't know why you keep bringing my fashion into this because it's a bit obvious that I don't have any and I'm glad of it. If I did, I'd be plastic like you and that other freak in the dorm." Shaylah giggled remembering the clothes that the other girl had.

Lily thought this girl was stupid. She'd hardly mentioned anything that was daring. She'd walked in a forest. Big Deal. Lily looked to girl as she giggled. Maybe Lily too could have some fun. She stopped walking and looked to the girl. She bent down and placed her shoes back on.

"Forget the castle. Lets live on the edge. Lets go to the forest, or are you too scared." Lily said with a smirk. Once her shoes were back on, Lily began walking, towards the grand staircase. She looked back and wondered if Shaylah would come with her.

Shaylah grinned when Livia mentioned the forest. She'd wanted to go there for a while but couldn't be bothered to walk that far. Livia saying that they should go just gave her a reason to walk there. "Yeah, sure. Fine by me." Shaylah had never found the castle at all amazing. She just loved all the artwork on the walls. It's why she spent most of her time by the lake or up by the cliffs.
Shaylah followed Livia to the grand staircase. "Do you seriously think you can walk in the forest with those shoes on?? They'll sink into the first bit of mud you find. You need flat shoes, seriously." Shaylah laughed at the thought of the girl stepping into mud with those shoes on.

Lily smiled to herself, glad Shaylah was going to come to forest. Lily stopped dead in her tracks at the mention of her shoes getting dirty. She didn't want to get those shoes dirty. They were too good to waste on mud. She agreed with Shaylah. She'd need to change. Lily caught back up with Shaylah.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but you're right. I can't waste these shoes. Wait in the Entrance hall for me, while I go change the shoes." Lily said. She sprinted off ahead. She really wanted to explore the forest. There Shaylah could be as loud as possible and Lily could see herself having a lot of fun. She headed straight down the stairs and into the dungeons. Here she walked a little quieter. Until she entered the common room. She smiled to herself as she went into the dorm room.

[Shall we move this topic to the Entrance hall or keep it here until they leave the school and go to the forest?]

(Or we could have it in the forest but start it with Lily meeting Shaylah in the entrance hall and then tey walk down together.)

[Okay, yeah, that would be better. lol. Can you start that please?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back