Researching...

Bellatrix Green

OOC First Name
Ahna
The next morning after Bellatrix met Bruin about his wart problem all caused by her, she went to the library. She had to research this...think of a cure for him. It was her doing he was in this mess, and she was determined to make something better...she always continued to dig her self back into this deep hole. After grabbing as many books that she could, on warts of course, she slammed them down at a table and began to read.

Professor King slipped out of the restricted section undetected, not that he would get in trouble for having been there but simply because today he didn't want to deal with people or questions. This was one of his few actual days off at Hogwarts, no lessons, no patrol, just whatever he felt like doing. He had completed reading a rather interesting concept of what the dark arts were from a book written by a dark wizard (which of course was why it had been located in the restricted section) that he had been working on for a little over a week now whenever he had the chance to slip into the library.

He started to walk toward the exit when he noticed Ms. Green at a table a few metres away from him frantically looking through numerous books which were sprawled out on the table. Drawing no attention to himself or her he drew nearer and glanced at the title of the book closest to him 'Removing Warts for the Weary'. He stopped a moment, warts were certainly what he had enchanted Freya's door to give and as there were no sign of anybody with warts in the castle, he figured this was his closest lead so far. "Helping a friend are we, Ms. Green?" Nicolas started boldly, staring coldly at Bellatrix.

Bellatrix quickly jumped, slamming the book shut. "Why would you say that?" she asked suddenly quickly facing where the all too familiar voice of Nick King reverberated.

"Well normally people don't frantically look through numerous books all on warts and how to remove them all at once, unless, of course, they had to try to remove some." Professor King pointed out, deciding he wouldn't simply tell her what he knew until he knew everything that she knew.

"You have a point...or some people may be finding a new liking in something medical..." she said coming up with a terrible aversion.

"These aren't books on giving people warts." Nicolas began with a slight smirk, "And that's about the only even slightly medical thing I can see you trying to read about." Professor King continued, not breaking his stare from Bellatrix, trying to sense something from her. He was all too tempted to simply search her mind for what he wanted but he decided to give her a chance.

"And why in the world would I want to give someone a wart?" Bellatrix asked, her gaze now locked with Professor Kings. Though fear was prominent in her eyes. Oh sh1t... she thought, truly now, innermost afraid.

"Because you're yourself." Professor King stated firmly, sense fear riddled throughout Bellatrix as she spoke. "Now why would I think you want to heal somebody of warts is another question. So how about you tell me who you think you're helping."

"Because these books aren't going to help you." Nicolas stated, knowing he had just admitted to knowing something about the situation but steadfast in his conviction that he wouldn't tell her anything until she told him things. "Now who do you think you're helping." he persisted.

"Do you know of any books that might?" she inquired, still avoiding the subject as to 'who she was helping.'

"I don't know what books can help you if you don't know who you're helping." Nicolas started, making it clear that he wasn't helping Bellatrix unless she first helped him.

Bellatrix was getting at what he was getting at. And she sighed, innerly defeated. "What makes you want to help so badly...and how do I know you can even help?"

"I haven't said I wanted to help you at all." Nicolas pointed out rather bluntly. "What I have said is that I know you're helping a friend and want to know who you think you're helping." Nicolas continued, ignoring her query about how he thought he could possibly help.

"Goodbye Ms. Green." Nicolas stated abruptly, tired of playing games with Bellatrix. He had what he needed, a student had been marked by his charm and now he would tell Freya that a student had been marked and was simply in hiding at the moment. He turned on his heels to face the exit and took a few paces away.

"Wait!" Bellatrix said quickly standing, knocking a large book upon the floor with a loud thud. "Please, Professor!" she said, a desperate look upon her face.

Professor King paused, but did not turn around. He had expected this reaction from Bellatrix and even if he hadn't received it he would have had an upper hand on her anyway. "Ms. Green, I don't see the point in my staying."

"If you know whats going on...I promise...the boy that is marked is not the one..." she said softly. "I am just trying to help him..."

"Whatever you think I do or do not know doesn't matter. A student apparently has magically induced warts and I, as a Professor at this school have a right to know who it is. If you're not prepared to tell me I will find out another way." Professor King stated, noting everything she said including that the student was male and that she somehow knows a fair deal about the situation, incriminating herself to him immediately. He was still facing away from Bellatrix and was forced to wonder what the look on her face might be right now.

"I am surprised you haven't figured it out yet. For the one you are seeking hasn't truly left the school..." Bellatrix said, trying to hit to how Bruin had lied about leaving to visit family.

Professor King wasn't in the mood for riddles, it was his day off and he had hoped to simply relax. He understood that she was saying the person had supposedly left the school, and he only knew of Bruin who had sent him a letter stating he was leaving. Bruin was certainly male, so it met Bellatrix's criteria but he would leave anymore thought on it until later. "If that's all," Nicolas began still not glancing toward Bellatrix, "And you've no more you'll tell me, then I will leave."

"Please do...I have more research to do..." as she said this she slowly turned and went back to her table.

"Oh yes, good luck with that." Nicolas stated, chuckling to himself. He had enchanted the door and it was a rather fine marking charm considering he had done it only half concentrated on the door. He knew that no spell a fourth year could do would reverse it, but the hospital wing could. He left the library in his thoughts of how Bellatrix laboured in vain while learning nothing about what he may or may not know.

Bellatrix muttered some rather unintelligible words under her breath, about Professor King, and continued on her search. Through hours later, found her self tiring and soon stepping upon a new problem, a lot like her dear friends. She cursed once more, quite annoyed that she hadn't found anything useful in her books, and stormed off to the Slytherin Common Room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back