Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
2q24fb8.jpg

Hi there! :D

On November 11th, HNZ will be celebrating an important and special holiday. Nick will be adding a banner to the site, as he did with Guy Fawkes Day. :)

HNZ is blessed with having a diverse community and we'd like your help in making this years Remembrance Day special. Please respond to this topic by translating "We Will Remember Them" in to any language you speak and it will be added to the banner! :D

Thank you for your help and we can't wait to see the different translations. ^_^

~Liv (and especially Nick :lol: )

I'd just like to say, I'm fully in support of this. I've already got my poppy this year and Remembrance Day means a lot to me. =wub=
And the only language I speak (fluently) is English, so... :r:
But yeah, I'll definitely be keeping those who fought in WWI in my thoughts on both this Sunday and the 11th. ^_^

I'm also in support of Rememberance day, I'm in the Army Cadet Force and this saturday I'll be in the town all day with my troop, in full uniform, handing out Poppies (Can collection). I'm also taking part in a big parade and march in the town on Sunday ^_^ .
Those who thought for us in WW1 are true heroes and should never be forgotten :) :wub: .

The only language I speak fluently is English, although I take french in school and although I'm not fluent, seven years of studying the subject (pretty much against my will :oy: ) is beggining to pay off! So here we go, 'We Will Remember Them' in french :lol: , i think :oy: :

'Nous Les Rappèlerons'

(I double checked with the translator :r: )

To be completely honest I never really celebrate Remembrance Day as I wasn't really brought up to know what it was about etc. But I know how important it is and I'm in support of it so here's my contribution. My irish is a bit off at the best of times but here is the irish translation ^_^

"Reidh Orainn Ruimhneamh Trthu"

I hope I did this right I took two years of Spanish and this is what I came up with and I even checked online so here goes. Los recordaremos. I know other languages but Im going to wait a few more days for other people and if we are lacking I'll go crazy translator on your guys. lol

I'd like to add my own interpretation in the form of pirate. I do hope no one takes offense, because I really can't speak any other language, and I do have a hearty respect for this day and it is so relevant to my family's history. On that note, I'd like to say;
We be remmerin' them!​
Thank you for letting me share in the best way I know how. Pirates need a voice, too.

I can only speak English, and only for my country, but I thought I oughta share something anyway, even if it's already been said.
And that's the most well known part of the Ode of Remembrance, spoken every year at ANZAC Day and Armistice Day.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

I can't really speak any other languages, cept a little bit of Spanish and French. Not enough to say anything special, unless you want me to ask for the bathroom. But I am a poet so I'll try my best to make something special.

While we lay safe in our beds,
I remember.
While our mothers kiss our heads,
I remember.
Some where a man is fighting for me,
to remember.
Some where a man as died to be free,
I'll remember.

Not the best I know, but I wrote it a long time ago for my Grandfather's funeral. He was in the army in his younger days and came home with a purple heart.

Also (I know I've already posted once) but it's not just about WWI soldiers. ;)
Remember those who fought in other wars: WWII, Vietnam, Korea...even those fighting currently.
My grandfather fought in WWII, so I will be thinking of him on the 11th. :)

This is so cool!! ^_^

I noticed that someone already put up a spanish translation, so I'll add a portuguese one: Vamos recorda-los.

I only know english and a little bit of french, and as the french has already been posted. i will use a translator and translate to Afrikaans as many of my friends speak afrikaans
Ons sal dit onthou

I think the wars are worth remembering and when i was in england i used to take part in the remembrance day parades with guides but over here we celebrate anzac day.

Here in NZ, we have ANZAC day, which commemorates our, and Australia's soldiers that fought in WW1.
Also, at our regional athletic's competition, when I was in primary school, it was always on the closest Saturday to the 11th of November. We had a memorial cervice, and placed wreaths, and there were soldiers who spoke, and my Mum usually spoke too :) She still does, I think.

Anyway, I speak English... But I'm taking German at school too, and I tried the translator... But it probably isn't right :p
I can say 'day' though! 'Tage' :woot:

I'll put up my own Language, Its in Philippine language ... Hope its right ...

'Palagi namin silang maaalala'

Its long and its hard to translate ...

We Will Remember Them

Remember Them We Will

I can't speak anything else fluently except a code language for me and Libby-

'Dableueim Dableueeellell Areeimomeimoombeeimare Teeacheeimoom'

I've bought two poppys so far and I have a tendency to buy them whenever I go shopping so I might get four more.

My great-grandfather fought in WWII I believe, and I don't know about WWI, but I still have utmost respect for this day. Whenever I see poppies on the ground, I feel like it's the soul/memory of the fallen soldiers, so I pick them up and I'm going to start putting them up in my locker, so people can remember every day of the year.

Greek: (With English letters)

Tha [Thah (Soft 'th')] Tous (Toos) Thimithoùme (Thee-Mee-THOO-Meh)

Greek: (With Greek letters)

Θα τους θυμηθούμε

Is cuimhin linn

We remember you
Not just those soldiers who fought for their countries
but for the men, women and children who got left behind, who had to rebuilt
Who got caught up in the madness of war.

We remember you
Not just on remembrance day but everyday
you are our grandfathers, our fathers, our brothers and uncles
you are our grandmothers, our mothers, our sisters and aunts
you are our heroes, never to be forgotten
poppy.gif

Well, I've been taking Japanese for 3 years now, and although I didn't know the word for remembrance until the dictionary told me, the direct translation of this is "Day belonging to recollection." Or something of the sort...

Kanji - 見覚えの日 
Hiragana - みおぼえのひ
Romaji - miobae no hi

They all mean the same thing :) Just in different alphabets!! Kanji's the most correct though...

Anna x

P.S. Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.
It is sweet and right to die for one's country.
Although I don't believe in the principle of unnecessary warfare in this day and age, I respect all of the men who laid down their lives to keep us safe, and protect something they believed in.

I cried during the memorial service.
Never have I cried like that before.
I was so proud of all these people who lost their lives but so sad that they had to lose everything.

-I know this is a bit late but I just feel I need to 'say' this.

This is a little late but I just saw this topic and as you all know i don't get the opportunity to be on much. I have family who have fought in past wars such as WWI and WWII and Vietnam War and probably some family that I don't know of who has fought in wars that are for my birth country Russia. So I thought I would go back to my birth language though I do not know much of it and had to use a translator because I don't have a Cyrillic keyboard on my computer....I have to say...

Мы запомнит их

Hey, I know its late, but I'd just like to ask everyone (who believes in such things) to keep any current people fighting in thier prayers, and also the families and loved ones of the people. No matter the country, people in the services are all fighting to protect people they love. I would know. My fiance's a sailor :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back