OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight, firm nine inch Oak wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Amelie was curled up in the student lounge, a light blanket tucked over her legs and a new book in her lap. Her chocolate hair was twisted into a bulky braid, resting on her shoulder. She had a cup of hot chocolate on the table beside her, cooling slowly. She hummed softly, turning the page. The soft sounds of rain on the window relaxed her, and she felt content. She loved rainy days, they were just so relaxing. She was lost to the world, her mind a million miles away.

Gemma frowned as she stared outside at the dreary grey clouds. She didn't have any particular plans that involved the outside but she still missed the sunshine and being forced inside made her feel restless. Eventually she found her way up to the student lounge hoping to find something to do or some one to talk to. She scanned the room with pursed lips until she spotted Amelie. She hadn't spent much time with the newest member of the team and she wanted to change that, especially after the practice she had. "You look cozy." she said smoothly as she sat down in one of the chairs across from the other girl, taking in the blanket and hot chocolate. "What are you reading? Is it for class or for fun?" she asked curiously.

Amelie was startled by the voice, looking up and smiling at her guest. "Oh, I'm reading the Hunchback of Notre Dame." She replied easily. "For fun." She clarified. She shut the book, her finger inside it. "I always love a nice rainy day," She sighed, smiling softly out the window before turning to Gemma. "How are you?" she asked, genuinely curious.

Gemma cracked a smile and looked at Amelie curiously. "Isn't that one a bit morbid?" she asked amused, It wasn't the kind of light read she expected if it was just for fun. Gemma enjoyed classic novels now and again but she favored a more exciting or romantic selection if she could help it. "I guess." she replied glumly in a tone that said she rather disagreed with that statement. But she smiled when the other girl asked how she was. "Bored." she said bluntly but laughed a moment later at her own melodramatics. "Just feel restless. And my mom won't stop bugging me about our holiday plans." she explained with a sigh.

Amelie nodded, smiling easily. "It is. But I like it," She replied easily. She couldn't help but giggle softly. She scooted over, patting the spot next to her. "What are your holiday plans?" She asked, curious. Hopefully talking about it would help the other girl. Amelie smiled at Gemma, hoping she might be an interesting distraction for the older girl, at least.

Gemma watched Amelie pat the couch next to her as an invitation. She considered it for a moment and got up and sat next to the other girl. "Well aren't you full of surprises then." she commented, mostly about the book but also the invitation. She hadn't expected any of this from her but it wasn't like they had ever properly talked before, a quick word or two during practices didn't count. Gemma sighed at the question as if she didn't bring up the topic herself. "Well my mom thinks we should go visit our family in New Zealand but my dad and I are trying to convince her that skiing in the Alps would be much more fun." she explained. She didn't dislike her cousins or her aunt and uncle but it wasn't what she could consider a good time. "So are you from France?" she asked curiously, it was hard to tell sometimes.

Amelie smiled, pleased that Gemma sat with her. She listened as the girl explained, nodding along. Thankfully if she wanted to see her family the farthest she ever went was Marseille. She nodded in response to her question. "I am, I was born in Paris," She replied. She knew Jamie's side of the family had moved to France from New Zealand, but she had been born here. "Are you from France?" She asked.

"Paris is lovely." Gemma said with a wistful sigh. She had spent quite a lot of time in Paris over the years and found the city as romantic and cosmopolitan as everyone made it seem. "Do you still live there?" she asked curiously. If she did Amelie just became a much more interesting new friend indeed. "Not exactly." Gemma answered with a sigh. "My mother is French and my father is English. So I was born in London but I mostly grew up in Nice and along the coast." she explained.

Amelie chuckled softly. "I do, yes," She told Gemma, brushing her hair behind her ear. She smiled as Gemma mentioned Nice. "I have family in Nice, I like to visit sometimes." She set her book aside, pleased for the company. Gemma certainly seemed nice enough, and Amelie was glad for the chance to get to know her teammate better.

Gemma gave Amelie a bright smile when she said she still lived in Paris. "You must show me around sometime." she said and reached out to touch the other girl's hand casually. She wasn't exactly inviting herself but she hoped it was enough of a hint to get an invitation eventually. But she also raised an eyebrow when she said she had family in Nice too. "I wonder if I know any of them?" she asked in a conspiratorial voice. Gemma doubted it since she was fairly certain she would have made the connection already but it was fun to speculate. “My mother’s family also owns a vineyard in Bordeaux. That’s where most of her family’s money comes from.” she added, almost as an after thought. She was enjoying the sound of her own voice at this point as she ran her finger over the embroidered brocade fabric of the couch's cushion.

Amelie laughed lightly, nodding. "You can come over during the break if you'd like," she offered easily in return. It would be nice to spend time with friends. She shrugged at the question, figuring it was rhetoric. She smiled at the mention of the vineyard in Bordeaux. Vineyards were nice, she thought they were romantic. "Do you ever visit the Vineyard?" She asked, curious about it.

Gemma's grin widened as Amelie either picked up the hint or was just that nice. It was hard to tell. "I may hold you to that." she said with a wink. If she didn't end up being dragged by her parents one place or another she might have to take the other girl up on the offer. But she sighed heavily as she thought of the vineyard. She spent a lot of time there as a kid but less so now that she was off to school most of the year. "Sometimes. Usually for my grandfather's birthday during the summer." she explained, and stared wistfully off in the distance for dramatic effect.

Amelie chuckled softly. "Sure, I don't mind that at all," she told the other girl. Amelie's stance softened at Gemma's wistful look. She reached out to set a hand over Gemma's. "Maybe we can go together," She offered. "I'll take you to Paris, show you around again, and maybe you can show me around the vineyard?" She asked.

Gemma looked curiously down where Amelie had placed her hand on top of hers. "Sounds like a deal." she said with a grin. It was becoming apparent that she had underestimated the younger girl and that getting to know her better was a very good idea. "Well we can make plans later." she said lightly before moving her hand out from under Amelie;s but not before patting it twice before she stood up. "I've distracted you long enough. Enjoy the rest of your book." she said with a wink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back