Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Matt ) ( Gay
Wand
Apple, 13 1/2 inches, Essence of Belladonna
So I used to play Kyle a loooong time ago... been over a year since I had to leave HNZ (No internet access where I moved) but I'm back online now (HUZZAH) and keen to get back into playing him.

Only problem is, a lot of the character development I've had planned for Kyle since I started playing him was meant to happen in 3rd/4th year (When I left I believe he was at the start of 3rd year), and looking at people who were in Kyle's year now... looks like if I'd stuck around he'd be a 6th year by now. I really don't want to just jump over everything I had planned, as it would mean I'd basically be plunging into playing a totally different person to the one I remember and love from the past. Is there a specific rule for having inactives reinstated - do they HAVE to come back at the age they would have been had the RPer stuck around, or can they choose to pick up where they left off as far as the character is concerned? I'm really not keen on bringing Kyle back to 6th year, as like I said I would have to leap over all the development from those three years and plunge into playing a character who's very different to the one I left behind.

Also, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have limited online time, so I couldn't read all of the site documentation before posting :(

Yes, they do have to come back to the year level they should be at.
The reasoning for this is that they have a history on the board. We have records of them, there are roleplays, and they have relationships with characters who either are, or were, in their year. To change what year level a character is at would be to toy with all of that, and it really breaks a lot of the continuity of the site and for the characters with it it. (For instance, Kyle's best friend would have a hard time explaining his best friend Kyle Alcott who was sorted with him, and then was three years younger than him.)
I suppose the best way to get what you're looking for would be have him have left the school for some reason, but not been homeschooled or go to another school. Then we could say that he had to start back at the last year he was at, despite his age. (Or that he failed several times? :r )

Aaaaaaaargh. I can easily explain away Kyle being gone for a long time, but the development stuff I had planned revolved around him being thirteen/fourteen and figuring himself out x_x I'm gonna have to do a lot of thinking about who he would be at the end of all that :/

Another quick question; has the way of having inactives reactivated changed? When I logged back on I had a PM saying to just PM Nick (Which I did over a week ago) but now there's this new usergroup form thing and I don't even know anything anymore :/

Apologies. The delay was entirely my fault.
You can always develop Kyle's missing history in the fanfiction/alternate roleplay forum. :)

It's alright :) I get that admin stuff takes time.

Arghh. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it :) I've got a loooot of thinking to do about who Kyle is now :/

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back