OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
It had been a long while since Emily had heard from Minnie or Eric- something she might be sad about at some point, if she'd been the type to mourn distant friends. Especially ones that had caused her break up with Sydney. But Emily was a mature adult, and so when she received an invitation to go get lunch, she'd decided to go for it. She dressed up, arriving a bit early. She smiled, finding a seat and ordering a drink while she waited for her old friend to arrive.

Minnie was beginning to scale back her work in her ministry job. Having handed in the notice and begun to tidy things up with a departure day in mind. She had organized her finances and created a few sheets so that she and Eric could know how things stood. She had written a letter to Brayden about taking back her old job or any job that he had going. The other thing she intended to do was reach out to old friends. Admittedly she didn’t have many, but the one she reached out to who said yes was Emily. Between graduating and work, she hadn’t had much time for friends. But now…now she could make the time. She arrived at the venue, and she immediately spotted Emily in amongst the others. Minnie approached her. ”Hey,” she greeted a little nervously.

Emily looked up, smiling as she saw Minnie approach her. "Hey, you," She greeted with a coy grin. "Don't look so bashful, sit down," She encouraged, motioning to the sit across from her. "Go ahead and order something, it's on me today." She told her old friend. "You look great. How have you been, Minnie?" She asked, smiling warmly.

Minnie had many mixed emotions upon seeing her friend, but mostly she was just happy to see her, and happy that Emily looked happy to see her. "Honestly, not great, but better now," she said with a little shrug. "How've you been?" she returned the question.

Emily raised a brow. "Well, hey, grab a drink, settle in, and tell me all about it." She encouraged, motioning for Minnie to join her. "Come on, I'm listening." She promised, smiling as she cradled her own cup. She loved Daintree to death, but it was nice to meet up with some of her other friends.

Minnie hesitated for a moment and then nodded. She didn't know if she should be thankful or nervous at the way that Emily was acting towards her. She grabbed a drink, a simple black coffee and then looked back at Emily. "I quit my job," she started thought that was more the end. "I was working in magical creatures regulations, and just realised that I was just, you know, doing like I did in school," she said. "Overworking, overdoing it, and I was miserable," she said with a sigh. Feeling relief over saying what had happened, not that she'd just been holding on to it, but there was a certain level of shame that she felt about her inability to manage in normal, steady employment. There was space for Emily to judge her but she knew she wouldn't be as bothered by it.

Emily smiled and offered out her hand to Minnie. "You know, somehow I knew that you were going to do that." She teased gently. "But I figured you'd get a hang of what you wanted to do eventually." She sipped her drink. "Do you want to come work at the bookshop a bit? It's a bit more laid back," She offered to her. "Or maybe you and Eric can come by for dinner. Are you two still together?" She asked, not really seeing them apart.

Minnie didn't know how Emily could've known when she hadn't, but Emily had always been a good friend. "Oh that's kind Emily, but I'm looking to get my old job at the Hog's Head," she didn't want to impose upon her friend, who was always so kind. Even if she was thinking about how if they were low on money she could pick up some shifts in Emily's shop. "Oh yeah, we live together now. I'm sure he'd love to come to dinner," Minnie said. "He's been so supportive about it all," Minnie said, stopping herself before she overly gushed about how much she loved him. "Are you seeing someone?" she asked back

Emily smiled softly. "Oh, the one with Mr. Moriarty? That's good, didn't you like that job?" She asked, cradling her drink. It hadn't always been easy getting a read on Minnie, but that was alright. That's what asking was for. She smiled as Minnie agreed. "Sure! With or without Daintree?" She asked with an easy smile. "I'm pretty sure he's got it bad for this kids author we had in the store recently, I'm pretty sure I can snag a night he's out." She sipped her drink. "Oh, well... sort of," She shrugged. "I don't know if it counts as seeing someone."

Minnie gave a little nod. ”It was an easier job, and I could do fewer hours, and it's not really a job you take home or do more outside the set hours of business.” Minnie knew that Mr. Moriarty likely worked exceedingly hard, that he did far more, but that wasn't to be her role. Minnie gave a little shrug, she couldn't remember if Eric and Daintree had gotten along, of course they were all well beyond school now, but she wanted to make things easier for Eric. ”Either way, maybe he could bring this author, I'd love to pick her brain about things,” Minnie said, knowing that this woman had the sort of life she was hoping for. ”Do you live with him?” Minnie asked. Before considering what she said. ”Who are they?” she was curiouus about Emily was or wasn't possibly seeing.

Emily nodded, it sounded like the sort of job that Minnie needed. "I'm sure knowing you that you can talk him into giving you a good pay," She chuckled, sipping her drink. She smiled as Minnie suggested that they invite Dot. "Oh, sure. Dot is adorable, she's really sweet." She chuckled. "She reminds me of a doll, she's got pastel pink hair and she always dresses really... innocent, like its always white and pink and she just looks... sweet." Emily shook her head, smiling.

At Minnie's question, she nodded. "Yeah, Daintree and I have been living together since graduation. He parties a lot, so he's not usually home, and he tends to bring back random people from time to time. Apparently he comes from money or something so he has no intention of working unless he feels like it." She smiled softly. "As opposed to me and my two jobs," She finished her drink and ordered another. "Her name is Millicent, she's a curse breaker. She's not around often, but we've gone out a time or two." She couldn't help but smile softly. "She definitely washes her hair." She added, slightly teasing her ex. Sydney had been a strong woman, and stubbornly proud, but Emily had never quite understood the refusal to wash her hair.

Minnie wasn't sure what to make of the description of Dot, but given that Minnie was interested in her work and how she got to do it, she wasn't about to be overly critical of her. Plus, if Dot was just like that, and liked it, there was no reason to be too judgey. Minnie gave a little laugh, ”His dad runs a muggle gaming company that is like...massive,” Minnie said. ”Like one of the richest muggle men on the planet because of it, Daintree is his sole heir,” Minnie told her. Surprised that in all the years that Emily and Daintree had lived together that Emily had never been told or figured this out. She had to wonder what it was like to have that level of wealth, to not have to worry about a paycheck and everything else. Minnie considered the bar for Emily and her dating life to be a low bar, but it seemed like perhaps she was happy about it, even if it was just a new thing. ”She seems nice,”

Emily chuckled. "I think he's mentioned that before." She sipped her drink, before sighing. "She is. I do wish she was around more, but what can I say," She smiled, running her finger over the rim of her cup. She set it down. "Why don't we settle on a date for that dinner party?" She asked. "I do think I'm free next weekend, and if I catch Dain today he will be too." She offered, giving Minnie a small smile.

Minnie wasn't sure if Emily got the scale or if it was just that she knew him more as just the guy behind the money. Either way, Minnie would've loved to have that sort of financial backing, she knew how much easier it would make her life. Of course things didn't always end up the way one would want. "I'll have to check with Eric about his shifts, but next weekend would work for us," she knew he'd probably loathe parts of it, but it would be interesting.

Emily smiled, finishing her drink and standing up. "Well, I should be heading back then. This was fun. See you next weekend?" She offered, holding her hand out to her friend. It had been nice catching up. She smiled softly. They really should do this more often. Maybe with Minnie getting a new job, that would be plausible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back