OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Daintree had thought that it was purely fifth years that could become prefects, but getting his little badge in the post had been enough to tell him he was wrong. Daintree was rather pleased with it. He had never been magic's biggest fan but he was doing his best to get stuck in, but known and a good participant. He dated and moved on when he needed to. He didn't let him mind be plagued with love or anything like that. He didn't quite know what his mission at school was, but he was keen that he not leave it with nothing to his name. If he was to be part of this world, he wanted to be part of it. So, he felt rather pleased with it. None of the other boys in his dorm had it, setting him apart. He somewhat looked forward to Simon's reaction to it. But it was just the first breakfast of the year, and he was hoping someone would notice the prefect badge on his uniform or that someone would misbehave right in front of him. But perhaps he'd just have a boring breakfast.

The first week back was always the dullest, something Sydney had found had carried over even into her upper year classes, so she wasn't facing the morning with much enthusiasm when she made it up to the table for breakfast. She snorted as she sat down at the breakfast table from Daintree, pushing her hair out of her face and grabbing an orange. "What are you so pleased about?" she asked him, eyeing the orange and giving it a sniff before glancing back at Daintree's face.

Daintree glanced as Sydney sat down with him and gave a little smile. ”Nothing really just thinking about how good this year will be,” he wasn’t going to draw attention to it by saying something, he wanted people to notice it. ”How was your break Sydney?” he asked her with an almost interested expression. He didn’t really care that much about her break, but he though light polite conversation wasn’t the worst thing to happen.

Sydney scoffed at Daintree's mention of a 'good year', shaking her head and nodding towards his shiny new prefect badge before sinking her thumbs into the orange rind to start peeling it. "You say that now, wait till you're up all night doing stupid patrols or getting dragged to droll meetings half the semester," she said, voice flat. "At least maybe with you in them, the average number of braincells in that room will go up. It's been exhausting carrying the burden all by myself," she said wryly, giving Daintree a quick, but sincere smile before dropping her face back her usual haughty sneer as she started to pull apart the orange segments. "It was uneventful, managed to avoid my family for most of it at least," she said when Daintree asked her break. Sydney wasn't really interested in asking about Daintree's break, she tended to like people a lot better the less she knew about their boring family and how they spent their time. It was bad enough she knew Daintree was on the quiddich team, she didn't need to lower her opinion of him any lower.

Daintree shrugged a little at her response, ”Always with the positive nature Sydney,” he joked, given that she didn’t seem to see the value of being given such a badge, just that it was silly and patrolling was bad. He did think he’d probably help bring up the brain cells but he wasn’t sure that she did. ”Have you got any tips or tricks to deal with it then? Or is it just a mindless tick box exercise slog?” Daintree asked. He wasn’t sure he’d take advice from Sydney on this matter but he could certainly at least pretend. It seemed that she wasn’t willing to give much information about her holiday and notably didn’t actually return the question to him. ”Same,” he said anyway, even if she didn’t ask, there hadn’t been much to say about his own break that wasn’t the same as hers.

Sydney gave Daintree a terse smile, taking a bite of her orange and scrubbing some of the rouge juice from her face. "Just being realistic," she said grimly. She paused her chewing when Daintree actually asked her advice. Being prefect in her mind was more of a chore than she imagined the others saw it, but she was mollified by Daintree coming to her for help with his new-found responsibility. "Well, we all know points are well, pointless, in the grand scheme, but they're a great way to get the younger kids especially to stop being idiots," she said, smiling fondly at the memory of making some girls in the library finally shut up with a well placed threat of deducting points. "And if you don't like your patrol partner, you can try to alternate patrols with them. Better than being stuck in some awful conversation all night while you walk in circles." She rolled her eyes. She'd been partnered with Noel last year, who was maybe a bit dense and naive, but at least he had the right opinion about Eric Holland, so it hadn't been a total wash. She wasn't sure if Daintree had many people he active disliked. Or more if he had anyone he'd openly admit to disliking.

Daintree gave a little smirk at her response and then nodded as she explained a little about patrolling. He wasn’t sure he cared about who he was partnered with. Daintree wasn’t sure what to make of who he was partnered with and really was just glad he hadn’t been partnered with Jenna he couldn’t imagine patrolling with his ex would’ve been fun. ”I’m not so fussed by patrols, they seem easy,” he wouldn’t admit that he’d likely just turn a blind eye to most he saw unwilling to really engage in it. ”I’m glad I wasn’t partnered with my ex, it would’ve been pretty awful,” he admitted to Sydney. He could let her decide if she asked about how he defined awful. But he just wanted to be clear that he absolutely would’ve found it awful in more than one way. ”Do you think you’ll be head girl?” he asked with a little smirk, he thought her chances were probably pretty good.

"They're more annoying than anything," Sydney agreed when Daintree commented on patrols, though she clicked her tongue when Daintree mentioned his ex. Her mind briefly flashing to Samantha, Sydney's fingernails dug into the orange peel in her hands. "You should be more careful who you date," she said dismissively.

She nearly choked at Daintree's next question, making sure to laugh as derisively as possible. "I feel like you have more chance of being head girl than I do," she said, still amused and wiping away imaginary tears of mirth with the back of her hand. "I still think Styx was up to something picking me as a prefect, but Alicastell hates me and the feeling's mutual. It'll probably be Adorah. Or Samantha," she said with a sniff, wondering if Daintree had eyes on the head boy badge himself, she wouldn't put it past him.

Daintree gave a little look as she spoke, he wasn’t sure if he’d seen Sydney date, admittedly he wasn’t too interested in what they were doing. He wasn’t paying attention to most other people, only the ones he thought he should pay attention to and Sydney had never been one of them. ”There’s just something about hufflepuffs,” he retorted with a shrug. He laughed lightly. ”You never know really….I think you’d make an interesting head girl,” he said almost teasing, truly he didn’t think she was so out the running for the position. Perhaps a little but still somewhat in it. He could agree that it would probably be Adorah or Samantha. ”Let’s just hope Noel gets head boy,” Daintree said, he of course wanted it for himself, but he knew that he probably wouldn’t. He thought it would be more fun if it was Noel. Really as long as it wasn’t Simon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back