Reason for the season

Riley Smith

The sun was out and shining down. There was not a cloud to be seen anywhere in the sky. It looked just like a Summers day should look like. It was warm, the sort of weather for water fights and gong to the beach. The streets of the neighbourhood where Adele now lived where empty though. Not a soul in sight. It was almost spooky. Although once a person knew what day it was this morning it would all make sense. It was Christmas day and all the families were sat around Christmas trees opening presents and being happy. Well at least that was what a normal family would be doing on Christmas. Riley had never been like that with hi family on Christmas. They never spent it together. His first proper Christmas had been with his girl friend back in his fifth year. That had been back in England though where Christmas was in Winter. He had had a few proper Christmas's since then and now was going to be one of them too. He thought that he Adele and Lowan should al share Christmas together as a family. It would be better that way.

As Riley walked up the street towards Adele's house quickly. He wanted to get the sooner but he couldn't ave apperated here, too many muggles. He had driven his motor bike here and parked it just down the road. Now he just had to walk p as quickly as he could. It didn't take him long to get outside of her door. Only a few minutes. He quickly knocked on the door and waited to be let in. He had a rucksack lung over one shoulder. It contained Lowan and Adele's presents. Lowan had one from Cyndi. He knew what it was and he knew Lowan would love it to bits.

Adele sat on the sofa with a smile on her face. Her and Riley had agreed to spend Christmas together and quite honestly, she couldn't wait. She had dressed Lowan up ready for the occasion in a cute little shirt and shorts. And she had bought Riley a Christmas Present, infact 2. One that he would like, and another...which Adele hoped he would like, it was a present that money couldn't buy...but Adele hoped he would agree to it...

As she heard him knock on the door Adele's smile grew wider, as she bounced up from the sofa, then collected Lowan from the play-room. He crawled behind her as she approached the door. Adele opened the door, her eyes lit up with excitement as she caught a glimpse of Riley's face. "Merry Christmas Babe!!!" She said, they may have not been together anymore, but it was Christmas, she could get away with it. And Adele hoped she could get away with a bit more as she kissed his cheek then hugged him. She wasn't going to let herself feel awkward around him today. She would act like his close friend, and hopefully by the end of the day they would be cracking jokes like there's no tomorrow. "Come In." She said excited, she had spent the past few days putting up decorations and the Christmas tree, and she really couldn't wait.

Adele picked up Lowan who was behind her and smiled at him before holding him out to Riley, allowing him to hold him if he wished to. "Say Merry Christmas to Daddy Lowan!!!" Adele said excitedly. She had been quite pleased that Riley had been around so often that Lowan hadn't had a chance to realise that his Daddy no longer lived with him. She hoped it would stay that way for the next month or so, of course she wanted to be honest with Lowan from the start, but there was no point in upsetting the toddler when he hadn't even realised himself yet. He was too young, Adele would come to the truth later. Which would either be when he asked, or when he was old enough to understand.

OOCOut of Character:
Christmas Colours!!! Haha.

As the door opened Riley looked up. A grin spreading across his face as he saw Adele. As usual she looked beautiful to him. She was like a veela in his eyes. I was a shame that their was only friendship between the two. But maybe that was best for now. Just to have a break, have a breather before anything else. His grin widened as he saw Lowan behind her. The boy was growing up so fast. He would soon be walking on his own and that was when the pair were in for a surprise. Everything would have to be Lowan proofed, and in his apartment there would have to be a lot of proofing to do. Or just a few more shut doors. Riley preferred the shut doors one better, less work involved.

Walking in to the house Riley didn't hesitate when taking Lowan in to his arms. "Oaf. Look who is getting a big boy." He said throwing Lowan in the air and catching him again. The infant laughed and made his dad laugh along with him. "Merry Christmas to you too Hun." He said hugging her back. Seeing as it was Christmas he would jut let go a it and not worry about keeping his distance from her. He didn't want to make this day awkward. It wasn't all just about Lowan, he wanted to be here with Adele too. He still had feelings for the girl. Even though he wouldn't admit it right now, he wanted to be back with her. Be a family again.

Taking the bag off his back he handed it to Adele. "Presents." He said with a smile as he lifted Lowan above his head and held him there for a while while he giggled. "If only you could always be this easily amused." He said to him. If Riley could have had his own way he would have Lowan stay a child forever but he knew there was no way of that happening. "What were you thinking for dinner by the way. Unless you have a Christmas dinner cooking I was thinking we could order a Chinese or something." He said trying to be casual as he shrugged passively.

OOCOut of Character:
Il join you with teh colours :D

Adele smiled as he watched Riley play with Lowan. He was a brilliant dad and Adele would be the first to admit it to anyone. Just watching them you could tell that they both loved seeing each other, and it melted Adele's heart to see that the break-up hadn't affected the boys father to son relationship. Infact, it was even stronger now than ever before.

Adele took the bag from Riley. "Oh Riley you didn't have to..." She said, feeling quite happy that he had bought presents to. It would have been a bit awkward if Adele had bought presents and Riley hadn't. "But...I have presents to..." She said, before leaning over the sofa and retrieving the sack that she had been busy filling over the past month for both Riley and Lowan. Each present had a name tag on it, and Lowan's presents were all from Santa, she didn't want to be one of those parents who told their kids he wasn't real, it wasn't fair on them.

Adele laughed as Riley asked about dinner. "Riley...you know me well enough by now to know that my cooking is not all that great anyway...let alone Christmas Dinner..." Adele said before giggling, she missed Riley's cooking a lot, he was a good cook, it had been microwaveable meals, and takeaways for dinner for the mother and son since he had left. "So no...Christmas Dinner has not been cooked...unless you want to please me with your cooking once again...otherwise takeaway it is." Adele said, almost flirtatiously, but it wasn't intentional. She was just showing how Riley was making her feel...and that was happy.

Riley smiled and looked down at the floor briefly before looking back up to her with a crooked smile on his face. "I know but its Christmas." He said quickly before holding Lowan still in his strong arms. A laugh escaped him as he listened to Adele's next comment. At least he had no been the only one to buy presents. He would have thought it a little rude if she had not bothered with presents for Lowan. He would not have been fussed much if he had not got one. It was more of a child's way of thinking that they had to get presents for Christmas. Riley was happy just being in the company of his small family. "Yay for presents. There is a present in there from Cyndi for Lowan." He said looking at his ruck sack. He had to admit, he would probably have to buy a little magical car now and have a ride round on it. Seeing as he was that mature. Then again he was only a teenage guy. No where close to being properly mature yet.

Laughing along with Adele he nodded. He did know that she was not a great cook. If he had been given notice he would have come here yesterday to start preparing the dinner but seeing as he didn't have time enough to cook like he would do for Cyndi because he would have notice then. He couldn't do it. "I would but you know how I like to take my time and I would much rather spend my time with my family." He said smiling at Adele. Besides he was in the mood for a good Chinese. Chicken chow mein sounded good to him. "Il stick with the Chinese." He said with a laugh as he turn Lowan upside down and walked in to the living room and put him carefully on the floor. "The decorating looks good by the way." He said looking at all of the Christmas decorations scattered around the house.

Adele smiled when Riley told her that Cyndi had brought Lowan a present. "Aww that's really sweet of her...send her our love and many thank-you's." She told him, she hadn't expected Cyndi to buy her a present, but she liked the fact that she had bothered to get Lowan one.

"Chinese sounds good to me Mister...why don't you order one...and thank-you...I have spent the past few days doing it." Adele said happily proud of her achievement of getting it finished before Riley arrived.

(Sorry it's rubbish.)

Nodding with a huge smile on his face as she said it was nice of Cyndi to have bought Lowan a gift. He would have to second that. "I will." He said quietly. He was actually sure when she was getting back from her parents but he didn't have much on so it would have made a difference. The new term would start soon then he wouldn't get to see Adele and Lowan as much as he did in the holidays. That was probably he one thing which he didn't like about this professors job.

"Il do it later. I just had breakfast. Besides we got presents to open before food. I don't know about you but I have eaten so many selection boxes and advent calenders. I tell you those muggles have made some pretty good stuff." He said with a laugh. He had such a sweet tooth during Christmas. And Easter for that matter. "I can tell. I mean my place isn't too festive. A Christmas tree and a few lights but that's about it." As the pair we not at home much decoration didn't really mean much. When Riley had first moved in Cyndi had been a Professor and he had the place to himself most of the time. He had decorated the whole place but since then it had stayed the same.

Adele smiled as she realised that the two were still standing up. She walked towards Riley and took his hand as she giggled. "Come...Sit..." She said happily, pulling him over like a kid would to their Mother, before sitting on the sofa. "I know right...those Chocolate Advent Calenders are amazing inventions aren't they?...Although it's much easier to just magic them out..." Adele joked, patting the seat next to her, encouraging Riley to sit next to her. She still didn't get this whole Muggle thing, even after 19 Years.

What Riley didn't know was that at the bottom of her Present Sack was some mistletoe. If she didn't get anything else tonight, all Adele wanted was a romantic kiss underneath the mistletoe. Something that Adele had dreamed of since she was a little girl, and even though the couple weren't together anymore, she still thought of Riley as he perfect, dream man. "So...present time!!!" She said, excitably.

Not entirely sure how to react when she took hold of his hand. One part of him wanted to let go awkwardly and the other part wanted to pull her close. Riley followed her as she pulled him towards the sofa. He took a seat next to her as she hinted for him to sit there. "Yeah but you know me. I never do anything the easy. I like a challenge." He said with a boyish grin on his face. Riley had always been awkward like that and he wasn't about to change now. It made things so much more fun in life.
A moment of silence past as he was sat next to her. Luckily the thudding sound drowned it out as Lowan came crawling heavily in to the room after then, cooing away with himself as he did so. "I think he heard you." Riley said with a laugh as he looked back to Adele again. "So your in charge of present handing out then." He said with a cheeky grin on his face.

Adele laughed at Riley's comment. "Oh that's true...Riley Smith lives life to the full..." She told him jokingly. Adele wondered how Riley felt, spending Christmas with his ex. Yes his son was there, but the main conversation was happening between Riley and Adele, it was brave of him to arrange this. And Adele was happy that the two seemed to be getting on like a house on fire.

Adele watched Lowan crawl over to them before looking at Riley and smiling at him. "Okay then...I think Lowan should go first." Adele pulled the present from Cyndi out of Riley's bag then called Lowan. "Lowan, Daddy's bought you a present from Aunty Cyndi." Adele slid down onto the floor to be at Lowan's level then handed to him as she watched him pull it apart. She looked back up at Riley, a proud mum as she watched her boy get all excited about opening his present. "I bet you were like this when you were a little kid...he's so much like you...cheeky and handsome." She told Riley, playfully patting his lower leg twice. It was true, Adele couldn't look at Lowan without thinking of Riley, she would always have that part of Riley safe inside her heart. In the form of a son...their son...Lowan.

Rolling his chocolate brown eyes at Adele's comment he fisted the air sarcasticly. "Yup. And don't we al know it." He said with a grin. He was glad that he could still be his normal self round her without forcing it or feeling awkward about it. "Oh guess what." He said with excitement evident in his tone of voice as he spoke. Riley turned his body to face Adele with the grin still plastered on his face. "My Quidditch team won a game again." He said happily. Riley loved his job playing Quidditch as a professional. He liked he fact that Quidditch fans will know his name and his position as seeker made him important in the team. It was the thing that he had wanted to be as a child but his family had laughed at him for. No one as laughing now though.

Nodding his head as Adele said that Lowan should go first. He agreed with that suggestion as Lowan was the youngest and the most important person in he room to the couple. Watching Adele as she gave Lowan the present that Cyndi had bought for him. It made him smile to watch him open it slowly. His little arms couldn't do much in the form of tearing b he was getting there, slowly. "Nope. We never really had a Christmas. My family were always arguing fighting. Every year." He said with a sigh. Why as it him who had to have the rubbish up bringing. It surprised him how he had turned out so well considering his past. He also thought it was stupid how his dad had thought of Theo to be the most successful member of the family. The murderous and hating brother who had an ego the size of the empire state building. "I had an odd family." He sad before smiling as Lowan had taken off the paper and was now looking at a box with a toy car on the front. He got up to open it so that Lowan could have a go on it for bit. He turned it on and put Lowan on top. He didn't exactly do what he had hoped. Just sat on the seat clapping his hands laughing. "I said he would be happy the it." He said with a laugh sitting back down again

Adele smiled as Riley told her about his Quidditch Team. "Aww that's great." She said happily, it sounded like he was enjoying his time playing Quidditch Professionally. And Adele was thrilled that Riley still felt comfortable enough around Adele to tell her silly little things like that and have a bit of a laugh.

Adele couldn't help but feel sorry for Riley when he mentioned his family. Riley's family was never really a conversation that the pair had ever had before, and it was a little strange that it was all coming out now, when they were apart. "Oh I'm sorry Riley...I shouldn't have brought it up..." She said, putting her hand on his knee, as if to comfort him. Adele took a deep-breath in then smiled as Riley changed the topic back to Lowan. "Anyway...yeah, he's gonna enjoy that to the max..." Adele said with a girly giggle before joining Riley back on the sofa again.

"So...I think it's time I gave you your presents..." Adele told Riley...that was typical Adele, always putting her two favourite boys first. And no matter what had happened, Riley was still one of her two favourite boys. Himself and Lowan, that would never change, ever. Adele pulled out a jumper for Riley. "Sorry I forgot to wrap it...I got too excited about you coming over...it just slipped my mind..." She told him, before handing the jumper to him.

"BUT...I have another present for you...that we can share...well I hope so anyway..." Adele then looked in her sack, and paused, taking a deep-breath in before pulling out the mistletoe. She smiled at Riley, her excitement fading into nervousness as she waited to see Riley's reaction. "All I want for Christmas is you Riley...but not just for Christmas...I want you back forever...you must've realised that." She told him softly. "And a kiss under the mistletoe would just make my day..." She said, hoping he'd accept as she continued to sort of smile at him. It was a half-smile, one that wouldn't be completed until he had kissed her.

OOCOut of Character:
AWWWWWWW. Haha. :p

Riley nodded enthusiaticly. It was great. It meant that he could ad another win to the list since he had started to play. Shaking his head as Adele mentioned that she shouldn't have brought the topic up. "Dont worry about it. Doesn't bother e that much, I only have one family and thats you and Lowan." He said looking down at his son, still laughing about being on the car. It was heart warming to watch that was for sure. He really would enjoy it to the max.

Watching Adele get his present out. He couldn't lie he was disappointed that he couldn't unwrap it but he didnt care, it was a nice looking jumper. "Wow its great. Thanks Addy." He sad giving her a hug before pulling off the jumper that he was already wearing and putting on the new one. It was a perfect fit and he thought it suited his muscular physique pretty. "Verdict?" He asked standing and turning around a few times.

"Oh two presents. I feel special now." He said with a cheeky chuckle. His chuckles were short lived as he watched her take out a piece of mistletoe from the bag. Suddenly the situation had gotten very serious. He had a decision to make now. Kiss her and then see where it lead which he knew already. Or say no then have to endure the rest of a potentially awkward day. He swallowed hard. He wanted her back and if he waited she could find someone else and then all would be lost. "Well seeing as I only got you one present I guess have to make up for it some how." He said as he hesitantly leant forward to kiss her lips. It felt so odd to kiss her after so long of not doing it but it did feel right, like she was the only one for him. He wasnt going to stop kissing her until she pulled away.

Adele smiled as Riley put the jumper on. She watched him turn-around a few times and giggled. "Super Sexy Mister!!!" She told him playfully, happy that she had chosen the perfect fit. It really did suit Riley. Adele missed the silly little things like that, just the simplicity of giving Riley a present was enough to make Adele realise that she really wanted, and needed Riley back in her life. But not just for Lowan, she wanted him back full-time, 100%, 24/7.

Adele nervously waited for Riley's reaction. She smiled sweetly at his words, and enjoyed the kiss as his lips met hers once again. It had been too long, and it felt a little strange, but it didn't take long for Adele too remember how it used to be. And that made the kiss seem even more natural. Adele moved her hand and rested it on the side of Riley's neck. The kiss was lasting, and Adele was glad that Riley didn't seem to be pulling away.

The only thing that made Adele stop was the sound of Lowan giggling in a high-pitched voice, as he enjoyed playing in his car. Adele finished the kiss with a massive smile on her face, keeping her head close to Riley's, and her hand in the same place, as she looked over at Lowan before looking back at Riley. "Thank-You." She told him, resting her forehead against his. Adele remained silent for a few moments before moving away from Riley. She rested her hand on his knee then smiled at him. "Riley...." She began softly. "I want you for life not just for Christmas...I'm sure you know that by now...but it's up to you...I don't want to ruin this friendship...but I'd love it if we could try things out again..." Adele hoped that Riley was feeling the same way as her right now. She didn't want to spoil their wonderful Christmas together, but having Riley back would fill the hole that had been left in Adele's heart when he had left. Only Riley could fill that place...Adele had known that all along, but she wasn't ready to confront him in this way, but now Adele felt ready to ask. Adele prepared herself for rejection, but she also hoped for the best as she showed Riley a gentle smile, hoping to encourage him to give a truthful answer, whatever that may be.

Looking to his side as Adele pulled away he looked at Lowan for a few moments. Had that really just happened. He felt strange now, in a good sort of way. It had been so long since they had kissed last and it was a we;come relife to have done it again. The question now was where it would lead them. He hoped they could be like how they used to be, with the huge trust going on and the ability to be able to let each other go out alone with out the worry of cheating happening. He knew it would take a while to get back to that and he expected no less than that. They had both broken each others trust but the break up would have hopefully made them both grow up a bit more and make them both see what was really imporant. He felt safe to say though that more had happened to him during their break up than had happened to her. He had mended a broken relationship, made a new one, become a werewolf and had figured he was veela. That was more than enough for a life time never mind two months.

Riley was well aware of Adele's hand on his knee as it felt buring hot under her soft touch. He felt like a school boy talking to the girl he had a crush on. He didnt like this feeling one bit. He had to agree with what she was saying though, it seemed they both had the exact same intentions in mind but Riley knew that these few minutes were vital in their future. Lowan needed a proper family and Riley needed Adele back. It was a sort of win win situation he was involved in now and he would be a fool to turn it down. "I kind of guessed that a long time ago. Except now after some very careful thought i think i can safely say that i feel the same. I think that we should be how we used to be. I know it will take time to build up the trust and everything first but we have time to do that." He said placing his hand on hers as he looked at her and returned her smile.

OOCOut of Character:
A Riley is for life not just for Christmas xD Sorry its a rubbish post its the end of college now

Nervously awaiting Riley's reply, Adele hoped for the best answer possible. She wondered if he would move back in straight away or wait for a while, or whether he would sleep in the same bed as her. Of course, that was if he had agreed with what Adele had said. She certainly hoped so, Riley was all she wanted. A few weeks ago, Adele just wanted a boyfriend, but it only took a one-night stand to make Adele realise that the only man she would ever want was Riley, and that's when Adele had started to pick things up, and be happy again. She knew that Riley wasn't going to take her back if she continuously cried over him, that's the last thing he would've wanted, a crying girl following him around. That's why Adele had decided to make her best efforts to become good-friends with Riley again. And now she hoped the couple were ready to go further than just good-friends.

Adele's smile grew wider and wider as Riley began to speak. He had spoken the exact words which she had hoped to hear be spoken from his mouth. Adele felt Riley's warm hand land on top of hers, she looked at him when he had finished speaking. She smiled with delight then hugged him. Well...she meant to hug him...she practically threw herself onto him. "Oh Riley thank-you, thank-you, thank-you." She told him as she hugged him tightly, before kissing his cheek three times. As Adele released the hug she calmed herself down, then took Riley's hand. "I know that trust we had is gonna need to be built up again...but we'll get there...we always do." She told him happily before looking over at Lowan, and watching him play in his new car. "He's really loving that new car...can I get you a drink or something?" Adele asked. Adele hadn't forgotten about her and Riley's joke about the drink which never got old, but Adele meant the question genuinely, she wouldn't move that fast unless Riley wanted them to. And if he did, he would take her question as a joke and not as a silly old question.

Happy that he had officailly made Adele happy it was just a matter of sitting back and riding it out and seeing where they ended up. It wouldn't be too hard seeing as they had been together for over two years and were only really apart for a month of that. They could have classed that as a small break from each other. He guessed it was only obvious that the two would have gotten back together eventually, if he asked Cyndi she would have probably said that she had seen it quickly after they split. At least he knew now that if they ever split up again for what ever reason they could be able to be friends. But he knew that he had only tried to be friends because of Lowan. If they had not had their son he would have left her, taken his house back and forgotten all about her and moved on. Luckily for the both of them now that that was not the case and they could try and be a happy married couple once more as they never got the divorce, a fact which he was glad about now.

Returning her smile with a grin Riley was happy to see Adele genually smile around him again. A sight he hoped to see a lot more of now. He could be apart of his family again. Only problem was when they got closer once more was telling his best friend that he was moving out. It had been hard enough the first time never mind for a second time. "Yeah we always do." He said quietly to himself. His eye brow raised as he looked back at Adele when she asked him if he wanted a drink. Was that a genuine question or their code name. He knew Adele well enough to know that she wouldn't rush something like this with out knowing completely that he was fine with it too so he nodded his head. "If its of the liquid kind." He said before chuckling. "Wait no, if its of the me able to drink it too kind then coffee with milk two sugars please." He said laughing at his earlier unintentional inuendo. He had sort of grown out of them but he was only male after all and his mind was usually only focussed on one thing and sometimes they just slipped out without him meaning to say them. "You need to open my present when you get back though. It took me ages to find and decide that it was suitable for you." He said with a grin. He had bought her a necklace from a shop abroad that he thought would look nice on her, he also hoped she would like it not to mention. It was kind of girly and he had thought she had worn something the same color before but wasnt too sure, like most dudes he wasnt exactly an expert when it came to jewlery for females seeing as he wasn't a female himself so didn't usually need to worry about buying girls jewlery. If he did then he would be a little worried about himself

OOCOut of Character:
Haha. 'Like most dudes.' :p

Adele laughed as Riley replied, she was glad that he too still remembered the joke. "Well of course it's of the liquid kind silly...and whether you are able to drink it or not will depend on what you mean by two sugars...I mean...sugar gives you energy right?" Adele smiled cheekily at Riley then raised one eye-brow at him before giggling in a girly way. Adele felt that she had matured a lot since she had broken up with Riley, but she would always have that cheeky, teenage sense of humour in her, no matter how much she matured over the next few years.

Adele shuffled in close to Riley, after all, they were a couple again now, she could sit closely next to him without it being too awkward. Yeah, it would take some getting used to, but there was no better time than the present to start getting used to it. "You can give me my present whenever you like Mister.....I mean.....it's not like I've set any standards now is it?" Adele teased, knowing that she would be thrilled with whatever Riley had bought her. But present or not, Adele had re-claimed the love of her life today, and that alone had made Adele's Christmas Day very special for her, and hopefully for Riley too.

Riley laughed and shook his head. "Oh please. As if I need more energy. My stamina is fine thanks, even better than fine actually." He said pursing his lips. He was used to Adele's unique sense of humour now after having so long around it, as he was sure she was probably used to his. No that he had much of a sense of humour, just a seriously dirt mind. Although as long as he could amuse himself and Adele who cared if anyone else fond him funny, he didn't try and pleas others with rubbish jokes where he told the punch line wrong. He de up for his lack of funny in other areas, areas that Adele knew all about, and a long list of other girls but Adele was going to be the last name on that list now, well he hoped so anyway.

Trying not to make himself feel awkward about the very close proximity between the two now seeing as they were together again Riley slowly put his arm around her.The sooner he got back in to the swing of things the better. "Well I would have thought you would have to have pretty good standards to have settled with me. I mean you could do so much more worse." He said before leaning down to pick up the pretty wrapped present which contained a pretty necklace. He had had to ask a girl in the jewellery shop if she liked it before he bought it, just to make sure a girl would like it. "I hope you like it. I had to ask a girl if she would have liked to get it for a present just to make sure I was liked by a female" He said with a smile. He was looking forward to seeing her reaction to it, hopefully it was a good one and not a disappointed, oh it great really.

Adele tenderly unwrapped her present, feeling that underneath it was something solid. She wondered what an earth it could be when Riley told her that he had asked another girl if she liked it just to make sure. As Adele ripped off the last bit of wrapping-paper, she realised what the present was and smiled widely. "Oh Riley it's gorgeous!!!" She told him happily, before putting it on, then taking Riley's cheeks with her hands and pulling him in for a kiss. "Mmmwah." She said, making a kissing noise as she kissed Riley before hugging him. "Thank-You." She said happily, as she fiddled with her new necklace.

Adele thought for a minute before snuggling up to Riley on the sofa. Curling her legs up, she reached her far arm and rested it over Riley's stomach then rested her head on his shoulder. She wondered whether it was too soon to tell him that she loved him again. Of course, she always had done, and would do forever, but Adele thought it might be one step too far for their first day back as a couple. After three quiet, but content minutes, Adele looked up at Riley and smiled at him, then decided to break the perfect peace that the last three minutes had brought to the couple. "So...coffee with a milk and two sugars?" She joked, laughing quietly to herself as she waited for Riley's response.

Riley smiled non stop as he watched Adele open his present slowly. He could have just sat back and watched her all day if he would have let him but he would rather be cuddled up with her like he was now. A huge grin spreading across his ace as he saw her reaction to the gift. It was most certainly the one which he had been looking for. "Im glad you like it." He said kissing her back. Again he felt happy that he had made her happy for a second time in the space of just a few minutes. He was on a role today. He watched her pt it on and smiled with a tilt of his head as he thought that she looked nice in it. he never liked gold that much but he liked it on that necklace and he thought that it suited her well. He liked her in silver.

Riley rested his free arm over her legs as she cuddled up to him. It felt just like old times and he was surprised by how at ease he now felt with being this intimate with Adele already. But seeing as the had such an intimate past it shouldn't have felt weird after one month of being apart. It was basicly like a term in the castle away from her except he saw her a lot over the break up. "Yeah that sounds about right." He said with a smile as she brought the drink subject up again. He had not actually had a drink since the morning and now he came to think about it he was actually quite thirsty. "Actually just make it an range juice." He said deciding tat he would rather a drink which would quench his thirst and not make it worse like a coffee would have done.

Adele laughed before fetching Riley an ordinary muggle apple juice. "Here we go Mister." She said, placing it on the coffee table before kissing Riley on the cheek then sitting next to him again. "Now no rushing...but once you've quenched your thirst...I am desperate for a real drink." She joked, Adele wasn't all that bothered, but if they were going to get back together they might as well do it in true style. The Riley and Adele way.

"And I take it you know exactly what I mean by that?" She questioned him, before cheekily tugging at his shirt and giggling like a little girl. "Just like the old days..." She joked, trailing off before cuddling up to Riley again.

Smiling at Adele as she placed his drink on the table he put his muscular arm around her once more. "Thanks." He said thanking her for the drink. He felt the warm of her soft lips on his cheek as she kissed him and that kept the smile on his face although it soon tuned to a brooding look as he thought about what she said next. It was very much like him to take things fast but today was Christmas and Lowan was up ad ready to go and there would be no keeping him quiet on his own while they were at it for how ever long it would be. "Urm. I dont think we should just yet. I mean once Lowan is tired out and sleeping then maybe but there would be no keeping him quiet for an hour or so." He said looking down at the son who looked like had had enough of clapping his hands about sitting on a play car. Riley quickly saw the danger of a strop coming on so handed him another present to stop him from crying. "Of course I know what you meant by that, I haven't forgotten anything that quick you know." He said with chuckle. Of course he knew what she meant by that kind of drink, how could he not.

Adele followed Riley's eyes with her own as her attention was drawn to Lowan and the new present that Riley had given him. She smiled before looking back up at Riley and smiling at him also. "Okay...I'll wait for Lowan...but for Lowan only...the minute he's asleep I want you all to myself." Adele joked, patting Riley's stomach playfully. She was beyond happy that the two were back together.

Adele decided to catch Riley by surprise as she sat up a little, her hand moved up to the side of his neck, then Adele kissed Riley on the lips. She made the kiss last and made it passionate as she allowed her eyes to close. She knew Lowan would be entertained with opening his present for the next few minutes. He was only young, he didn't have the strength in his hands to rip a present apart properly yet. That's why Adele continued to kiss Riley for the next minute or so. It made her happy and as Adele finished the kiss she smiled at Riley before giggling quietly, then allowing her head to fall onto Riley's chest.

Riley nodded with a slight smile. Looks like it would be Lowan who decided the time when his mummy and daddy were allowed to be alone. He didn't see that there needed to be any rush though, he was happy to just be around Lowan and Adele together. It was what he waited for impatiently when he was in work, which was so often because of the mount that he really had. He may just end up laving one of them, most probably the shopkeepers position as that was the job that he disliked the most, which wasn't saying anything really because he loved all of his jobs.

When Adele kissed him, it did shock him for a split second but he had gotten used to this sort of thing so it only took him a moment to get his mind back and kissed her. Placing his hands on her waist as he did so. He opened one eye to check if Lowan was preoccupied. Even if he was just over one year old and wouldn't know what they were doing, he didn't like to be watched. When Adele stopped kissing him and pulled away Riley smiled weakly at her before looking away. "You know by the tie Lowan is twenty we will nearly be forty." He said kind of randomly, but it was what had just gone through his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back