Reading. Bored.

Violet grinned. "Ah, yes, I'm looking forward to the day when I'm Head Girl and I bring home the house cup for Hufflepuff..." She laughed. "A great impact, you say, Amy?" She laughed harder.
"Well, I certainly smile and laugh here a lot more than normal. I think I've laughed more in the last few weeks than I have in my whole life!"

((hey, Josiah, do you have the Hufflepuff password and stuff? if not, would you like me to PM it to you?))

"See, your a very happy and lovely person!" Amy said with a smile. "Looks like we have a right competition on our hands now doesn't it?" Amy added with a broad smile on her face. She liked the competition, it was friendly and it gave everyone determination.

Violet blushed at the compliment. "Thank you," she said, quietly, a little embarassed. She stretched her arms. "It's on. Who's going to come second in the House Cup?" she said, winking.

"This kind of friendly competition is what will keep us focused and having fun," Josiah added happily. He then turned to Violet, "I can tell you'd make a great Head Girl. You're determined and enthusiastic!"

He meant every word. Not to mention, he felt a sense of warmth with her. Like he had known her for much longer.
"Oh.. I forgot to ask. What are the meals like here?"
Food. Possibly his favourite topic in the entire world.

((Thanks, but no need. I already have the password. :) ))

"Hmm I don't know! Theres still a far way to go yet!" Amy said thinking about it. "I reckon this early on, its still pretty much open" she said. She secretly hoped it would be a Gryffindor victory this year. She listened as Joshiah asked his question. "I love the food here, there's a variety of everything!" she said happily.

Violet blushed profusely at the compliment from Josiah. Her face was almost the same colour as her hair! "Thank you," she said. "You're far too kind!" She returned to her normal self when the topic of food was brought up. "Oh, the food's great!" she raved. "I've heard boarding school food horror stories, but the food here's nothing like that." She wondered what her mum would think when she went back home. Probably point out the extra weight that would surely settle around her waist. But mum! Violet imagined saying. I'm a growing girl who needs food! She grimaced.

((no problemo! lol, my school's part boarding school and everyone complains about the food))

"Oh no!" Josiah shouted suddenly, "I left some of my stuff in the library. I'm sorry, I better hurry back before someone takes it! Nice to meet you both. I hope we can talk again soon."

Then, with that, he hurried off in the opposite direction.

((I better sleep now. Bye guys. ^_^))

Amy jumped slightly at Josiah sudden outburst. "Okay speak to you soon!" she said waving as he hurried off in the direction of the library.
"Just you and me again Violet!" Amy said smiling at her friend.

((Byyyye!!!))

Violet waved at Josiah. "See you around, okay?" She smiled. Then she turned back to Amy. "Yeah, just us. So, where were we?"

((night!))

Amy paused, thinking for a moment, "I really can't remember!" she said laughing slightly.

"Probably about how awesome Hufflepuff and Gryffindor are," she said, grinning.

Amy chuckled, "Most probably!". She gazed round at the lawn and her attention wandered off to the lake. "Its lovely having the lake here isn't it?" she asked randomly. Amy was often like this, coming out with random comments, which many people found slightly strange at times.

"I agree." Violet loved the Hogwarts grounds. They were so beautiful. The lawn, the lake, and the beautiful garden..."It's enough to make you not want to leave!"

"Its true! Its like this place has a certain pull on you, keeping you here" she said with a sigh. She missed her home and was looking forward to going back their at Christmas but she still loved this place.

"Yeah. Oh well. I get to spend my Christmas holidays moving back home," she said, thoughtfully. It was the first time she had voiced what was in her latest letter from home. Her family had decided to move back to Australia.

Amy's attention had wandered off and she shook her head to come back down to earth. "Moving back home?" Amy asked quizically.

Violet nodded. "Yep. After a couple of years in New Zealand, Mum and Dad have decided that Australia's where we ought to be. I'm not complaining. I just wish I didn't have to spend my holidays flying between countries and stuff. At least most of it will be over by the holidays." She shrugged. "It's not really a big deal."

Amy listened intently as Violet spoke about her home life and moving. "Do you want to move back to Australia?" Amy asked, she didn't mean to be nosy and hoped Violet wouldn't feel offended or anything.

"Yeah...I do. I really miss it, to be honest." She shook her head. "I'm sorry, I'm probably boring you with this!"

"Its okay!" Amy said in earnest. "Bet your going to miss being in New Zealand though?" Amy asked Violet.

Violet shrugged. "I guess I will, a little. But it's okay. I'll still have Hogwarts to go to!"

"Thats true!" Amy said smiling. She liked Violets optimistic take on the whole situation.

"So..." Violet began. "Enjoying Defense Against the Dark Arts?" She picked this subject because it was the one (apart from Flying) that Gryffindor and Hufflepuff had together. And recently, it had become particuarly enjoyable. For Violet, at least. Even if the spells were tricky.

"I love Defence Against the Dark Arts! I've found our recent lessons really good! have you?" she asked enthustiastically.

Violet nodded enthusiastically. "Lessons have been so good at the moment. Especially Defence Against the Dark Arts. It's really good! Although being stunned isn't very nice..." she said, grimacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back