Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet sighed as she threw herself down on to the lawn. She looked up towards the sky. It wasn't a sunny day, but it wasn't cold and rainy either. It was beautiful weather. Violet closed her eyes as she relaxed on the grass. She hadn't done much relaxing recently. Just studying. And she was inside all the time now. Violet wasn't much of an outside person, she enjoyed being inside walls, but sometimes it just got a little claustrophobic. That's why she liked flying lessons, and that's why she liked the grounds of Hogwarts.
Violet rolled over on to her stomach, and propped herself up with her elbows. In her hands she held the book she was reading at the moment - Jane Eyre. Some days, the world of books were just far more appealling than the real world. Even if the real world was Hogwarts. She needed to take her mind off the Halloween feast and the next thing on the agenda - the Yule Ball. Violet shuddered at the very thought of the ball. She hated dancing. And she knew that nobody would want to go with her.
Sighing, Violet rested her chin on her hand. Some days, life was quite cruel to shy twelve year olds.

Amy slowly walked out to the grounds. She wasn't quite sure what to do with herself. She was anxious about not hearing from her dad in a while but pushed that thought out of her mind as she walked.
She was completely 'away with the fairies' and not really noticing where she was going when she stopped abruptly to see where she was. Glancing around she noticed Violet not sitting far away and skipped over to her. "Hey Violet, oops am I interrupting you reading?" she added after greeting her. She didn't want to be rude and interrupt her.

Violet looked up. Seeing Amy, she smiled and put her bookmark back in place, as she closed the book. "Oh, hey Amy! You're not interrupting anything. Just getting to the point where you read the same sentence over and over again without it making sense, you know?" Violet hoped that made sense. "Would you like to sit down?" she asked.

"Yeah I know what you mean" Amy said with a smile. "Yeah sure, thanks" she said sitting herself down on the grass next to Violet. "So how are you?" she asked her friend.

"Oh, you know..." she shrugged. "All these festivities are overwhelming!" she exclaimed. "But I'm pretty good. School's fun at the moment. How are you?"

"Yeah I see where your coming from" she said with a smile. "Yeah im good thanks" she said, looking out at the lawn. "Its lovely here isn't it" she said rhetorically. "Hows Hufflepuff going for you?" she asked. She knew she had asked Violet before but it was always good to see if she was still enjoying it, although Amy knew she probably loved it there.

Josiah hurried out an opening, in search of the Hufflepuff common room, but found himself in the Hogwarts grounds yet again.
This school is huge..

Noticing two students he had seen earlier seated on the grass over yonder, he advanced towards them and waved cheerfully. "Hey guys.. er.. mind if I join you?"

He figured he had nothing better to do until class started.

Amy glanced up as a boy approached them. She hadn't seen him round before and smiled at him. "Sure" she said, "Oh I'm Amy by the way" she added holding out her hand.

Violet grinned. "Hufflepuff's really good. I love it." She was just about to ask Amy how she was finding Gryffindor when she saw somebody waving and calling to them. She smiled and waved back. "Sure, you can join us!" Violet said. "Come and sit down!"

"Are you sure I'm not intruding?" he frowned, and then as he shook Amy's hand, he said, "I'm Josiah. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He seated himself and smiled awkwardly. "So, what were we talking about?"

"Nice to meet you too" she said with a smile on her face, lighting up her green eyes. "Oh just school, fesitivities, houses!" she said. "How are you then?" she added politely.

"Gosh, I don't know!" Violet looked at Amy in mock confusion. "What were we talking about?" She laughed. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "Gosh, how rude of me. I don't think we've even been formally introduced yet. I'm Violet," she said, feeling a little self conscious at how talkative she was being. But, that was the effect Hogwarts had on her. She wasn't nearly as shy here as she was usually.

((edit: ah, oops, keep posting at the same time as you! bah, never mind.))

Josiah felt slightly out of place, yet he enjoyed the girls' enthusiasm. He grinned and scooped up a handful of grass as he said, "Speaking of Houses.. it's been rather challenging trying to find the Hufflepuff common room! What with all the corridors and weird moving staircases.. To be honest, as nice as the sun is, I only came out here because I was lost."

He chuckled to himself and blew the collectings of grass out of his hands.

Violet smiled sympathetically. "Oh, it's a bit of a maze here. But don't worry! You'll get used to it. Would you like me to help you find your way around? I'm in Hufflepuff too, so we'll be going to a lot of the same places," she said, kindly.

"Would you mind?" he lit up instantly.
The truth was, he was a bit worried that making friends would be difficult, and he would be doomed to spend the duration of school alone in the library, rather than being social. He saw this as an opportunity to get to know his fellow Hufflepuff better.
"I'd really appreciate it."

"I'm surrounded by Hufflepuffs now am I then?" she said with a grin. "Oh I'm a Gryffindor by the way" she added afterwards.

Violet grinned broadly at Josiah's enthusiasm. She loved to help people, but she rarely had the chance. "I'd be glad to," she said, happily. She laughed at Amy's remark. "Oh, how the tables have turned! I'm so used to being surrounded by Gryffindors!"

Josiah laughed too and said confidently, "You better be prepared for when we win the house cup. We'll be bragging for weeks after!"

Though, to be realistic, Hufflepuff had alot of work to do if it really was to win.

Amy laughed, "Yeah they really have" she said in reply to Violets comment. She grinned at Joshaih's comment. "No chance, you know we'll beat you" she said, her eyes sparkling.

Violet put a hand over her mouth as she giggled. She managed to calm herself, and state simply, "evidently you haven't met Brian yet. I think he'd arrange for us all to be murdered if Hufflepuff or Gryffindor...well, if anyone beat Ravenclaw for the house cup!"

"Ravenclaw, you say?" Josiah enquired, "Yeah.. we've got our work cut out for us there. But i'm sure if we put in a few extra hours of study, we could even beat them. They may have intelligence.. but we have determination!"

Who knew that discussing something so trivial could be so much fun?

Amy chuckled at the mention of Brian and shook her head. "Hes absoloutly determined for Ravenclaw to win" she said with a smile.

Violet nodded. "Exactly right. Besides, it's what I always say..." she cleared her throat. "Why should Slytherin have all the determination, Gryffindor all the bravery, and Ravenclaw all the brains?" She smiled. "I never thought I'd be this concerned about competition. Only a few weeks here, and look what Hogwarts has done to me!" she exclaimed, in mock anguish. "I've become a complete drama queen!"

"You leave us Gryffindor's alone" Amy said, playfully nudging Violet. She laughed at Violets comment about her being a drama queen, "I think its a great impact!" she said with a smile.

Josiah leaned back on the cold hard earth and stared at the sky. So beautiful.., he thought.
"Yeah, it's time that Hufflepuff showed the rest of the school that we do have what it takes to beat them!" he said proudly. Although, he didn't intend for himself to sound so serious. As he rolled over, he yawned for a few seconds and then rubbed his eyes. He hadn't got much sleep the previous night - too many thoughts had been racing through his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back