Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Mahogany, 14 1/2", Essence of Demiguise hair, Bendy
Lily headed down to the pitch. It was a beautiful day for tryouts to be held. The sun was shining and the temperatures were perfect for Spring. Scarlet streak in hand, she entered the pitch and headed over to the sidelines to get set up. She had a few underclassmen who were ready to try out, and a number of first years that she hoped would work well as alternates. Ravenclaw was going to show the rest of the teams who was boss this year!

She was set to go, and had all the equipment set out, ready for tryouts to begin. She hopped on her broom and kicked off into the sky to fly a few laps until the interested housemates got there.

Thomas, excitedly, made his way down to the Quidditch Pitch. He was glad to get some excitement in his live and was glad it was Quidditch orintated. It had been so long since he had a proper fly, apart from last week with Ares, but this was for tryouts, so it was different.

When he arrived at the pitch he saw his caption flying about already. He quickly went over to the broom cupboard, if I get on the team I'm getting one of my own, even it's just as an alternate, something is better than nothing he said to himself as he mounted his broom and kicked off. He didn't know if he should join Lily in the air or just wait, so he flew over to the benches and waited, trying to not let his nerves get the best of him.

Ares made his way to the quidditch pitch he pulled a face as he realized he had butterflies. He grabbed a broom from the closet and sighed his mother had promised to send him a broom if he made the tryouts.

The ravenclaw boy saw the captain flying laps and he saw Thomas sitting on the benches, he didnt want to fly until the actual tryouts began in case he got tired so he went and sat down next to Thomas "Hey" he said with a smile "I hope our practice helped.." he added nervously.

This was it, the moment Knight had been waiting for, the reason he and Sam were out on the pitch every day, (half of the time for fun and out of habit really), but the other half for vigorous training. Scorpius was known for being late all the time for everything, but this time he made sure not to be late to possibly the most important thing in his just-turned-thirteen life - well, he was treating it that way anyway.

Grabbing his Sienna Storm and bounding down the steps of the Ravenclaw tower, Scorpius ran full speed, trying not to show his over-eagerness which would then put off the captain as she thought of him as some kind of idiot who couldn't control his eagerness, and as soon as he got close enough to the Pitch, he slowed down to a jog. He saw only two other people were there aside from the Captain who was flying up above. "Hey," he greeted the two in his Irish accent, giving Thomas a wave and a nod. He looked back up at the older Ravenclaw girl and smiled, mostly to himself, in anticipation. Although he had been training for this day and desperately wished to make the team, he hoped it would over all be fun. That's what Quidditch was about, a stress reliever, not a stress builder.

Thomas dropped his gaze from following the captain as she flew around the sky, high above, at the sound of a familiar voice greeting him, "Oh hey Ares." He said with a wave. "Yeah." He said with a laugh, "Where I beat you." He said jokingly.

Thomas looked around at the sound of another voice, "Hey Scorp." He said, returning the wave and nod. "You both looking forward to this?" He asked.

Lily flew frantic laps around the pitch, weaving in and out of the goal posts and diving low to the ground before flying back up to the sky. After a few laps like that, she slowed, looking over to where three of the Ravenclaw's who signed up for tryouts had gathered together. She flew over to where they were and landed on the pitch near them. "Hey there boys. Glad you made it!" she said with a smile. "You feeling ready for this?"

Aries strolled out onto the pitch with his broom slung over one shoulder, while his beaters bat was tucked under his other arm. He smiled at the few assembled.
"Hi Lily, boys. Take no notice of the gear yeah. If I make the team I promise I'll invest in a Ravenclaw kit" he winked referring to the fact that he was wearing his old Durmstrang quidditch kit for the try-outs.

Ares smiled as they were joined by another boy, 'scorpius' he remembered.

Ares poked his tongue at Thomas "Sure, if thats what you wanna tell everyone" he joked. "I am looking forward to it" Ares admited, "But I'm still really nervous"

Their captain flew over and asked if they were ready. Ares nodded his head, excitement visable on his face.

Kasey remembered that it was Ravenclaw tryouts today and that she wished to try to play as a chaser. She had talked to Lily about it, although she had been late that day, she was told to come to the tryouts. She dressed up in sport clothes, red in colour.. She hoped this wouldn't suggest people that she was supporting Gryffindor team. You never know what people might think.Kasey decided to skip her breakfast today. She would have lunch after the tryouts were over. She took her firebolt in her right hand and walked down to the Qudditch Pitch. She would have preffered diving from her dorm window on her firebolth but the tryouts weren't a good place to do all these sorts of things.

She walked through the green lawns and finally arrived to the Qudditch Pitch feeling a bit nervous. She had tried out three times before and had got selected however, she hadn't played Qudditch from six months, what if she had lost her skill.

As all ides you get when you are nervous, a stupid idea came across her mind. What if she played so bad, that not only would she not be taken into the team but Professor Ana would also stop her from flying on her own. She gulped hoping for the best as she smiled slightly at her fellow Ravenclaws. "Hello everyone" she said now smiling a bit more as she realised it was a clear cloudless day, nice for flying. "I am Kasey Carla" she introduced herself to those who didnt know her.

Avrille had been practising for the beater position for the Ravenclaw Quidditch tryouts during the time between signing up for the tryouts and today. She was quite confident in herself, and even though she had her size, age and even sex against her she was certain that she would do well. If she dind't make the main team she was certain that she would be an alternate. She had thought that she was going to Durmstrang, so she had bought Durmstrang Quidditch Robes, so she decided that she wouldn't wear quidditch robes, she didn't want Lily, the Quidditch Captain, to think that she didn't support her school, which was honestly the truth but they didn't have to know that.

The Ravenclaw had her Beater's Bat tucked under her arm and her broom gripped tightly in her pale fingers. As she approached the group of students her harlequin green eyes darted towards each of the faces, sizing them up mentally. "Hello," she said with an uncomfortable smile, before turning it into an inward grimace. Smiles were never her best feature, unless they were mischievious. "Avrille Grinaes," she introduced, her thick Russian accent made her name seem a bit more choppy then ever. It was clear that she was foriegn compared to the other students, because her accent wasn't watered down or hidden. She was proud of her heritage, even if she could remember anything about her life before Tamas.

Scorpius give Thomas a self-conscious smile with a nod of his head answering that yes, he was definitely looking forward to this, he was ready for this. He pulled a beaters bat out of his pocket, which had barely fit, and gripped it tightly as if suddenly afraid it was going to be taken away and they were going to say he wasn't worthy to hold such an instrument.

Shaking his head as well as his fear away, Scorpius saw the Captain finally fly down to them and greet them with the same question Thomas had, once again nodding and smiling his crooked smile - thanks to the accident in the forest his smile would always be crooked from then on. He just hoped in time he as well as everyone else would become used to the large scar that ran diagonally across his lips.

He greeted the others that came and decided to introduce himself as well, "I'm Scorpius Knight, but everyone just calls me Knight," he clarified with a smile, twirling his beater's bat in his hand in anticipation.

Aries looked about at the group assembled, he dropped his broom to his feet and began to swing his bat back and forth, loosing up some muscles.
"So are we standing around chatting or are we going to practise you lot?" he knew they were Ravenclaw and all probably prone to procrastinating than implementing but he for one was eager to be up in the air and whacking the clappers out of a bludger or two.

"What do you say Lily, should we begin?" he smiled at their prefect.

Sumner came down to the pitch to lend some moral support to what could very well be his future team mates. Quidditch teams were like a brotherhood, it had to be close knit to succeed...and they had to let girls in. He smirked at this thought and knew Lily would punch him in his face if she could read his mind. He wasn't a chauvanist; he knew girls could do things just as well or sometimes better than him. Except, he thought with a wicked grin, be a better beater.

He approached Lily and the others. "Hey," he said in general greeting to the others gathered with a small wave. "Lily," he asked quietly, "I'll be over there watching. Need me for anything?"

Lily smiled at the assembled group, then took a deep breath. "Ok. Let's get started. I want you all to mount up and you are going to fly some laps so we can get a feel for your speed and broom handling skills. I will join you in the air after a few laps to lead you through a bit of follow the leader to get a feel for your agility. After that, we will have you each run through some paces at your position that you are wanting to try out for. Mount up and take to the sky! This is NOT a race! I am also looking for sportsmanship!" With a wave, she dismissed the recruits to their brooms and watched as they headed up.

Kasey smiled at the others as they came in and introduced themselves. It was good feeling to be around people something that she had missed for so long. Kasey mounted her broom as Lily gave them the green light to start doing some laps around the pitch.

She gave a good kick and her broom sped forward into the air, rising at a steady speed. Air blew in her face and she smiled at this feeling. It was always good and refreshning to fly. Raising to a height of twenty metres above the ground she did a twril in the air, her hands tightly gripped on her broom then motioning her broom handle bending it to the left so that she could start doing the laps around the pitch.

She now bent on her broom and gripped it tightly and it gained speed. Kasey flew around the circular pitch with high speed. She knew Lily had told them that it was not a race and she was not racing some members where ahead her but this speed suited Kasey.

Scorpius listened intently as the Captain spoke up and informed them of what to do. His adrenaline was pumping, ready to be up in the air so as soon as she was done, he put his Beaters bat down and mounted his Sienna Storm. After a quick grin to Lily, Scorpius kicked off from the ground and flew up into the air with a few other hopefuls. He grinned instinctively at the feel of his stomach doing the familiar flip as he launched himself into the air and took off along with the rest. He remembered Lily's parting words so he wasn't trying to out-fly anyone and simply zoomed from left to right, in and out, up and down, of the formation before falling back in just to show how quickly he could control his broom when needed.

Ginny had just came back from the library when she noticed that the Quidditch try outs were today. 'Damn'Ginny though and ran to collect her nimbus. She just managed to get into a pair of jeans, t-shirt and shoes before running back with her nimbus in her hand to the entrance. Looking at the time, she scrapped the idea of running there so she mounted her broom and kicked off.
Why do I always end up late for every single quidditch thing going on? she asked herself, lying low on her broom and going at full speed. She saw Lily down at the pitch and swooped down vertically, pulling up towards the end to hover near her. 'Hi Lily. Sorry. Homework and stuff, completely forgot,'Ginny apologized, balancing on her broom. She pulled a bobble off her wrist and started quickly to tie her hair in a quick bun . Watching what the others were doing, she reckoned they were doing warm up laps and sighed. She wasn't too late. 'I take it we're just doing warm up laps yeah?'she asked her before holding her broom with her hands again and flying slowly up to hoop level.
Ginny took a deep breath reminding herself to try and not crash into anyone this time. That was only ever acceptable if it was the other team. 3..2..1..Go. She zoomed off at a nice steady pace, catching up with one of the younger boys. 'heya' she greeted smiling at him before increasing her speed a little. She hated not having the adrenaline pumping round her body that you got in the quidditch match. She spotted Kasey and layed low so she could go fast to catch up with her. Weaving around one of the people, and going underneath another one, she caught up with Kasey. 'Hi Kasey, how are you today?'she asked her, smiling. Of course, she wasn't much looking where she was going but Ginny had the gift of great peripheral vision. Keeping up with Kasey was doing good for Ginny though. It had been a while since she had last flown with anyone else.

Aries straddled his broom and kicked off, it would be hard to do laps without racing them. Testing his speed or manoeuvres but his new captain had said not to and he was going to follow her word to the letter. He kept himself back a bit in the group though it killed him not to fly faster. He wanted to keep an eye on some of the second years who were doing some real fancy flying. They were good but Aries decided to be more cautious and be on the ready in case any of them needed a hand.

At first he flew at a low level but tilted his broom so that he began to ascend rising up higher above the others. He was still back near the rear of the group but at least at this height, he had a better view of them and could feel the wind alot better, which helped with the illusion of flying faster anyhow.

Kasey was high up in the air on her firebolt stretching the broom to it's highest speed. She was bent forward, allowing herself to cut the air. Her pony tail flew behind her and strands of hair kept coming on her face but she didn't mind that. She loved the feeling of flying. She heard someone catch up with her and it was Ginny. "Hey Ginny. I am excellent" she said with a grin on seeing her old friend. "Always am when I fly" she said as she continued her lap not bothering to lower her speed.

"You are trying out for beater, yeah?"she asked trying to remember if Ginny Porter played beater two years ago. Last year Kasey hadn't played Qudditch due to the tri-wizard tournament and then she had missed the second half term.

Ares grinned as they were told to fly laps, he mounted his broom and took off fast, far into the air above everyone else who had started already. He didnt want to race he just wanted to get his adreneline oumping. He slowed down and slowly desenced to the lavel where everyone was flying at.
He swerved to avoid someone as he re-entered the group. He himself a good pace and kept to it, it was faster than a leisurely flight around the pitch but not fast enough to race everyone.

Ginny smiled and kept up to the speed Kasey was flying at, not that that was much of a problem with the speed matter, just that Ginny was terrible at keeping a constant speed.
'That's good'she said as Kasey said she was excellent. It was nice hearing that from people instead of fine. 'Actually, I'm trying out for anything. I've just about done everything at least once in a game. Even subs'Ginny answered her question, thinking back to her violent let-out at another team's player. She would of taken that back if she had a choice, then again, maybe not.
'What about you?'Ginny asked, scooping underneath Kasey and round to the other side. She didn't like being on the inside.

(I believe we are waiting on one or two more to post their arrival and joining in the warm ups before I let you post in your positions. I give them another 36 hours and if they don't post, we move on without them. :D )

"I'm trying out as a chaser but I don't mind being a keeper either" she said flying at the same speed. "As long as I get to touch the Quaffel, I'll do it" she said with a grin. She decided to lower her speed a bit, so she sat straight on her broom yet her grip was firm as ever on her firebolt. She glanced at the sky, she wanted to go higher maybe ten or twenty more feet but she decided against it. She could do that later when she had time, right now they were supposed to be flying in the Qudditch pitch.

"So how are your classes going?"she asked Ginny. "You're lucky not to have OWLS" she said with a smile. If Ginny wasn't repeating they would both be fifth years and that would have been good because they could revise together. "No actually it's not good to study without you" she said with a slight sigh . "But, hey, you can always help me with the fourth year stuff I missed" she said with a grin as she once again increased her speed thinking how many more laps Lily wanted from them.

Thomas talked away to his friends, anxious to get started. He heard Lily, the captain speak up. He listened to her and once she finished talking her mounted his broom and did a few basic warm up laps. It felt good to be in the air. As he climbed higher and higher he found he was a bit shaky on it, calm yourself he said over and over again. Once he had done a lap he felt a lot more confident. He quickly gained more and more speed and made his way around the pitch a few times, his adrenaline pumping, wanting nothing more than to do his try out.

After Scorpius had zoomed in and out to warm up his reflexes and broom control, making sure he had full control of it one-handed at various speeds, he fell back into formation as the team hopefuls flew around together. He had of course been zig-zagging earlier to warm himself up of course though mostly Scorpius had done that to shake off the nerves he was feeling at the moment. Once he felt his jitters disappeared he was able to fly with the rest of the group, as if he were already part of the team. After a while Scorpius grew anxious again, but not the nervous kind of anxious, the excited kind. His grey eyes swept the sky in search of Lily, wondering when the balls would be released, specifically the Bludgers. There was only one Beater position left open and though he liked his friends, he wished to have it and was going to stop short of nothing to get it. He and Sam had been practicing day and night before the tryouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back