Ravenclaw Practice

Courtney Potter

Wand
Best wand ever!
Courtney stood at the edge of the Quidditch Pitch, waiting for the rest of the Ravenclaw team to meet up with her. Winter holidays had just finished, and Courtney was thankful that she brought her jacket, because it was a cold day to be on brooms. She had planned for the team to play a practice game, but it all depended on how many members would show up.

"Hello!" Courtney greeted her teammates as they arrived on the pitch. "Hope you guys had a wonderful break."

Estrella wandered out onto the pitch with her Amethyst Streak clutched in hand, her expression placid as she nodded to Courtney. She did not feel the need to be social, applying her seriousness to Quidditch just as she had to her lessons. Part of her was glad that she had returned to school, and the other wished that she was back in Australia with what she might be able to call family. Shaking her head as if she were ridding herself of a heavy load, she hovered near Courtney, hoping to hone and define some of the keeping techniques she had picked up in Quidditch Through the Ages.

Kaela walked down to the pitch with her broom over her shoulder and her beater's bat in her Ravenclaw tote bag. She had no idea whether Courtney would even want her on the team, but she thought it best to come just in case. In any event she could watch the practice. Kaela walked up to where Courtney was standing and Estrella was hovering. She smiled uneasily, not wanting to anger Estrella and looked to Courtney.

"Hey guys. Courtney, I wasn't sure if you wanted me to come, but I figured it couldn't hurt, right?"

((I don't know if Estrella would know yet that Kaela and Kale are dating.))

((I"m not sure either. She'll be antisocial anyways. She's not reading though. :p ))

Estrella acknowledged Kaela with a simple nod, figuring it would be okay to fly around a bit while waiting for the rest of the team to get here. She didn't want to be around Kaela for more than she had to, in any case, and it would be best if she was going to keep her anger in check. Shooting upward, she sighed as she let the wind caress her hair, feeling the harsh bite of winter weather against her face. It wasn't absolutely terrible, though; she was glad to be up in the air again.

Courtney was happy to see that Estrella and Kaela were the first out on the pitch. She watched Estrella fly around on her broom while she put on a pair of mittens. Man, it's cold!

Courtney giggled a little as Kaela announced that she was unsure if she should have attended the practice. "Kaela! Of course I wanted you to come. We missed you for the past year, you know!

"I guess we'll just wait a few more minutes for any of the others that may show up." Courtney said and smiled at Kaela, hoping Estrella heard what Courtney said as she was flying.

Kaela smiled brightly at Courtney. "All right, I'm just gonna go set my bag down." With that Kaela rushed off toward the bench and set her bag down, taking her bat from it and walking back over. She was wearing jeans, a hoodie overtop a long-sleeved t-shirt, and gloves and had her hair tied back in her usual pony-tail.

Ivy excitedly rushed to the pitch, tightly cluthing her firebolt. Her face was flushed from the cold and she shivered as the wind blew around her. Energized, Ivy sprinted to where Courtney was hovering. She also noticed 2 other figures also there. Ivy mounted her broom and started to circle the pitch. "Hey, Courtney," Ivy greeted her, "I hope I'm not late!". Ivy then regonised Estrella and also greeted her with a wave. The last person, she could not remember seeing before. "Hey, I'm Ivy", she introduced herself with a smile. It was getting cold and she couldn't wait for the rest of the team to show up for their first practise.

Kaela smiled as a girl she didn't recognize came onto the pitch. "Hi Ivy I'm Kaela. Nice to meet you." She decided it wasn't necessary to try and explain to the girl where she had been and such, so she just left it at that.

Ivy grinned in reply, "You too." Ivy then went back to circling the pitch, unable to stop her natural urge to fly. She then did her regular drills of dives and the new flips that Ginny had tought her. Ivy went back to Courtney when she was sure that she had enough warmth flowing in her body. She couldn't wait to meet the rest of the Ravenclaw team.

Courtney grinned as Ivy arrived at the pitch. There wasn't a very large turnout, considering Ravenclaw had 9 players. I guess it beats standing out here by myself!

"Okay guys, I know this practice doesn't look very promising, but we're going to try to make it fun. Maybe we can split up into teams of two and have a mini game of Quidditch." Courtney looked around at the others, wondering what they would think of her suggestion.

Kaela looked around and was surprised by the dismal turnout. She remembered that Kale had said Quidditch had been pretty dead, but this was just awful. "All right Captain, how should we split?" Kaela hoped maybe if she was enthusiastic it would be contagious.

Ivy grinned at Courtney; she was ready to kick some quidditch butt. "Sure!" Ivy agreed, "But how are we gonna split the roles?". Ivy was disappointed that the rest of the team hadn't shown up. Ivy was just an alternate and she had bothered to come out in the cold to show her spirit. "Do you want me to get the blugers, quaffle and snitch?" Ivy asked, ready to play.

Kasey was a little late for the practice.SHe had dozed off reading her History Of Magic book which was her utmost boring subject.She realized that they had practiced and mounted her firebolt an ddived from the Ravenclaw dormitory window and saw some of the team members on the pitch.She touched down and said"Hi, sorry got a bit late"

"Hey Kasey! Glad you could make it." Courtney greeted her teammate. She then turned to the others once again. "Don't worry about the balls Ivy, I'll get them for us! Now that we have an uneven number of players, it might be difficult to split. How about Estrella and Kaela on one team, and Ivy, Kasey and myself on the other? I figure we can all just play as both keepers and chasers. We'll try and get the quaffle into the opposite team's hoop while trying to keep it out of our own. Are there any questions?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back