OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 14 Inch Flexible Pear Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Miles placed two drinks on the table in front of them and dropped onto the couch and smiled happily at Caroline. He liked spending most of his weekends at his girlfriend's place as it gave the man the opportunity to watch her play the sport the two of them adored. Miles still had some green and gold paint - those were the colours of the team she played for - on his face from the match only a few hours ago while he smiled at Caroline. "You were great tonight." he told her when he leaned forward to pick up his glass of wine. Having a girlfriend who was professional Quidditch player definitely had its ups as she could get him tickets for any of the games during the season. Of course it also had its down but Miles rather thought about the time they got to spend together since both of them were fairly busy with their jobs as a teacher and a Quidditch player. It hadn't been an easy nine months for them since they spend most of their time in different countries but they managed to make it work nonetheless which made Miles a very happy man. The former Gryffindor smiled while he raised his glass and said, "To another beautiful win for the Holyhead Harpies."

It was hard to believe that something so casual and meaningless as speed dating had turned in to something so wonderful for Caroline. Miles was a wonderful, supportive boyfriend that she loved spending as much time with as their busy schedules would allow. Caroline put her legs over Miles, cuddling up beside him. "Thanks, babe." she said, leaning over to pick up her own glass of wine that he had brought in to her. She raised a hand and wiped a fleck of paint off of his cheek. "I always play better with you in the stands. I wish you could be at every game." she said happily. She raised her glass to his before putting it to her lips and drinking it in. "Ooh my favorite! You are the best boyfriend ever!" Caroline said, leaning in to kiss him on the lips.

Miles smiled when she wiped some of the paint off of his cheek. ''You would tell me if it is too much right?'' the man asked Caroline, wondering whether the jersey, paint of his face and the constant cheering for his girlfriend would maybe be a little bit too much for her since they hadn't been in a relationship for a very long time. When Caroline leaned in to kiss him Miles smiled and moved one of his hands to pull her a little closer towards him so that he could kiss her a little longer. He loved moment like this when it was just to two of them being together and not occupied with their jobs. Miles pulled away from the kiss and looked at Caroline for a brief moment, thinking about what she said about wishing that he could be at every game she played. ''I could be, you know.'' the man told her. ''What if I would move in here and pick up my Quidditch career again?'' Miles had been thinking about this for a few days now and thought that tonight might as well be the best time to tell her.

"Of course, I would tell you. I love it. It's nice to have someone so supportive." Caroline told him honestly. Being a Quidditch player did not make her the easiest girlfriend. Her schedule was all over the place, and she was constantly traveling. Luckily, there was the off season when she could stay in one place. Caroline was taking another drink from her glass when she heard Miles' proposal. She almost choked on her wine. It was a moment before she could stop coughing. "What? Are you serious? What about your house and your teaching job? I thought you loved it." Caroline asked. When she had met Miles, he had talked with such fondness about his job and his new house. She wouldn't want him to give his dreams for her. They had gotten pretty serious pretty quickly, but they had yet to say those three little important words, and while Caroline felt that she was ready to tell him those words, this had to be decided first.

Miles was happy to hear that his support during the games was well received by Caroline because even though it was not the man would still find a way to support his girlfriend while she was playing. It made the inner child within him come out every time he saw her play as it had been a decade ago since he was last riding a broomstick through the air and actually playing for the Gryffindor Quidditch team as a keeper. As he was sipping on his wine Miles nodded his head when he was asked if he was serious about moving in with her. "I am," the man said, "But I told you that I was looking for someone to settle down with. And I think that you are the person I want to do that with, and I can't really settle down somewhere if I constantly have to move from here to New Zealand and back again, now can I." Miles smiled once he was finished, hoping that she would appreciate the fact that he had offered to live with her and not that all of this might be happening way too soon for them because he really liked Caroline.

"I need a minute." Caroline said, suddenly standing up. She paced back and forth behind the sofa Miles was sitting on as she considered his offer. She certainly saw where he was coming from because he had always been up front and honest with her about what he wanted from the moment she met him. It wasn't that she wouldn't want to live with Miles because she really enjoyed all the time they spent together, but this was a big, serious step for her. She had only ever casually dated. Miles was different, and she could see a future with him. Still, there was one step she thought she should take before agreeing to let him move in with her. "Miles," she said, turning to face him. Her eyes did something they had never done before as the flashed pure silver. "I love you." she said, letting the words hang in the silence and hoping she hadn't made a horrible mistake.

Miles turned his head to watch Caroline pace back on forth next to him, sipping on his wine carefully. For a brief moment he regretted telling her how he felt about their current travel situation because he did not want Caroline to agree with something she was not comfortable with. Instead of opening his mouth to talk he remained silent to give her to opportunity to think about what he had told her just minutes ago. As Caroline continued to pace back and forth Miles realised that he was slowly becoming more and more nervous about her answer. He didn't know whether she thought that it was too soon for them to move in with each other but hoped that she would say yes to it because it would safe the two of them a lot of trouble, besides he already had another profession in mind if he would move to England to live with his girlfriend. Miles felt that he was burning up inside the moment she told him that she loved him since they both had yet tell one another that they loved each other. The man placed his glass of wine back on the table to stand up and walk over to Caroline, and a with a smile on his face Miles grabbed her hands when he stood in front of her. "I love you too." he said and leaned in to kiss her on the lips.

Caroline waited impatiently for Miles' reaction to what she just told him. It was a big step for her, and a big step for their relationship, but she thought they needed to get this sorted out before making the leap to move in together. She didn't want him to move in, only to find out in six months that he didn't return the depth of her feelings. She bit her lip in a nervous gesture as Miles stood up and crossed the room to where she was standing. Caroline's eyes burned silver, something that never happened as Miles repeated her words back to her and kissed her firmly. The blonde wrapped her arms around him and felt relieved. She returned his kiss, breaking apart with a smile on her face. "I would love for you to move in here." Caroline told him sincerely. "Just as long as you are sure you don't mind giving up teaching." she said, still standing wrapped in his arms. A big move like this wouldn't happen overnight, but she was pleased that it was happening and that it had been his idea.

Miles smiled. "I will gladly give it up to move in here." the man told Caroline, placing his hands onto her hips. He didn't mind giving up teaching if it meant that he could spend more time with her. He liked his current job but there was one thing he loved more than working with high school kids and that was Quidditch. Miles had thought about attending the tryouts for one of his favourite teams if Caroline would say yes to him moving in, so was happy to know that he could pick up the sport again after ten years. "I have actually been thinking of trying out for the Cannons as a keeper." Miles thought that now was the perfect time to tell her about the plans he had made in his head. Although he was not exactly sure how well Caroline would take it he hoped that she would be as supportive of his decision as he was during a match. "You would be OK with a little competition wouldn't you?" he asked and playfully winked at the woman.

Caroline grinned as Miles put his arms around her waist and agreed to give it all up to move in with her. The blonde had not been expecting this when she woke up that morning, but she was very pleased with their agreement. She saw a future with Miles and was excited to see where this new step would take them. Caroline listened as he told her he was going to try out for the Cannons. It would be a good fit for him really. It was close enough to easily apparate back and forth to practices. Traveling on opposite schedules wouldn't always be easy, but it had to be easier than living across the world from each other. "I'm okay with competition, but you are assuming that the Cannons would actually be competition." she teased him. It was true that the Cannons didn't always have the best reputation for winning. "Do you want me to help you practice for the tryout?" she asked, excited.

Miles pulled her a little closer towards him and smirked. "I will make sure that the Cannons will be competition next year." he said in a soft voice and kissed her. "You might even lose the next time you're playing against them." Miles said, teasing her back. He was relieved to know that she supported his decision on playing for the Cannons because beside teaching Quidditch was to only other thing he was good at or at least he hoped he was still good at as he had not practiced his keeper skills since he left Hogwarts to look for his father and his side of the family. Miles wondered if his old broomstick and protective gear was still good enough condition to use for the tryouts or practice at all since he was well aware of the new models of brooms you could buy nowadays. A smile appeared on his face when Caroline asked him if he needed her help with practice and nodded. "I would love for you to help me," Miles said. "I haven't been on a broom for ages and am quite sure that I might have forgotten how to control one whilst in the air." In this state he would not be competition at all so was happy with all the practice he could do before playing in the big league for the first time.

Caroline smirked at her boyfriend's words as he leaned in to kiss her. Friendly competition was never a bad thing in her book. "That seems very unlikely." she said, grinning. She was actually excited that he would be moving in with her and that they would be together on a more consistent basis. She missed him when he was across the world from her. "Oh I'm sure it's not that bad." she said with a laugh. "But, let's start training tomorrow. I'll get you back in shape." Caroline said, leaning to kiss him. "C'mon." she said, pulling him back down on the sofa with her. "We have celebrating to do."

Miles smiled, ''I'd never let you score,'' he said with a wink as she pulled him back down on the sofa. He honestly couldn't wait for him to have finally moved in with Caroline because it'd make things so much easier for them, and after all he had been through, he could use all the easy he could get.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back