Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Demi (Alice)
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Since they'd kissed, things between Elliot and Lars had been...weird. There was no getting around that. Admittedly, sometimes Lars made things weird just by existing, but Elliot was used to that kind of weird. This was a whole new kind of weird where Elliot didn't know the rules any more, and he hated it. Now every time he sat next to Lars in class or they were hanging out, Elliot was suddenly second guessing every move he made. Was he supposed to ask Lars out? Hold his hand? Did Lars want him to kiss him again? Elliot had thought maybe he would just figure it all out naturally like other people seemed to do, but so far it wasn't working, and after talking to Nixon over Brightstone, Elliot realized maybe he'd just have to.. ask Lars. The thought was daunting and scary, but Elliot wasn't sure he could handle the uncertainty anymore.

The courtyard was still the most reliable place to find Lars, catching him either coming or going from the arts room, and Elliot didn't have to wait long before Lars showed up. "Lars, hey. We should... talk,” He said, taking a deep breath and fidgeting with his hands. “It’s nothing bad. I think,” He added quickly, scrunching his forehead up as he tried to muddle his way through this. Elliot was trying to focus on making sure Lars wasn’t anxious or upset about all this, it was easier to focus on that than it was to focus on how anxious he was already feeling just starting this conversation. "I just.. Um. Are we dating now? Do you.. want to be?" Elliot said, deciding to just go for it.

Lars had come to regret his impulsive decision to kiss Elliot in the rain, as it had just confused him in he long run. Elliot had seemed to like it, had even kissed him too, but ever since that day things had been strange between them. Lars wasn't sure how to bring it up with his friend, so instead he had tried his best to avoid him. He had hoped things would change between them, but he had been doubting himself. What if Elliot had only been polite when he had kissed him in return? What if he regretted it? What if he no longer wanted to be Lars' friend? Had he ruined everything?

As usual with Lars, he vented most of his feelings and frustrations into his art. He'd been going to the arts room during every spare moment he'd had for the past few days. He was thinking about the image he had in mind to paint, a thunderstorm in blues and purples, when Elliot suddenly popped up in the courtyard. Lars hadn't noticed him, which was strange enough as he tended to notice little else whenever Elliot was near. He flinched as the boy said they should talk, but was relieved when he clarified it was nothing bad. Lars hesitated, then nodded. He had known that they should talk, but he'd been avoiding the discussion out of fear. There was a part of him that was relieved Elliot had taken the step, but he was still terrified "Okay..." He said anxiously. The boy's question made him blush, and he looked down at his feet. "I don't think we ...are..." He said after a moment. "I don't think people date just because they kiss, but..." He shrugged nervously. "I ... uh, do you want to be?" He asked nervously, deflecting the question.

It was a little gratifying that Lars looked about as nervous about this conversation as Elliot felt, and it helped bolster Elliot through it. "Right, no, you're right, that's silly," Elliot said, laughing weakly and feeling his ears heat up when Lars pointed out you're not automatically dating once you kiss someone. He was simultaneously regretting putting off asking about things this long and also wishing he'd never brought it up. This was so much harder than he thought. He just didn't want to have to worry about what the rules were with Lars anymore, but he had hoped Lars would be more sure about what he wanted than Elliot was. "Well.." He said, taking a moment to think things through before continuing. Elliot had never dated anyone before, and the idea of it was kind of nice. He'd never honestly thought about dating, or kissing Lars, really, until it'd happened, but that didn't mean he didn't want to. At least Elliot thought so. "I.. Really like you. I like spending time with you?" He hadn't meant it to come out as a question, and Elliot tried to quash down the sensation again that he was messing this all up somehow. The last thing he wanted was to do something that made Lars not like him anymore. "We could try it? Maybe? I think it might.. nice, I mean." Elliot tried not to mumble his way through the offer, looking at Lars' feet, then a point just past Lars' shoulder. He still wasn't sure what he wanted, but the idea of someone liking him, and liking someone sounded nice in theory, a sort of happy butterfly feeling that could very possibly be from Lars. The idea of maybe not being friends with Lars was scary though, but it had seemed like this was something Lars wanted, at least Elliot hoped so.

Lars flushed as Elliot said it was silly. It was, but he now wondered if he had messed up in syaing it that way. He hadn't meant to make Elliot feel bad for asking it. He'd just been nervous and careful, as he didn't know what Elliot wanted. It felt too scary to tell him about his own feelings if he wasn't sure if Elliot felt te same way. Lars kind of felt like he had already taken the big and important step by kissing Elliot first. That had been terrifying enough. He wasn't sure if he could cope with putting his heart out in the open, only for it to be crushed. So the boy waited with bated breath for Elliot's response. His mouth went dry when Elliot's words came out as a question, which didn't help with his doubts and worries. But when Elliot suggested they try it, Lars relaxed a little. If he didn't want to, he wouldn't suggest it. Elliot was probably just feeling the same was Lars was. Unsure about the other's intention, and too nervous to show his true feelings. He'd made the Hufflepuff do most of the work so far, so he decided to be honest now. "I like you... I would like to date you." He confessed quietly. "That's why I kissed you." He added, in case that wasn't entirely clear. He noticed Elliot wasn't looking him in the eye, and bent his knees slightly to be on eye level with him. He gave his friend a shy smile. "So... Elliot, do you want to be my boyfriend?" He asked, the words coming out much more smoothly than he had expected. But Elliot had already sort of said he wanted to, so it felt less scary to ask him directly now. Hesitantly, Lars reached for Elliot's hand and took it in his own.

Elliot could feel his ears heating up with a blush as Lars spoke, ducking his head when Lars admitted that he liked him. He'd known that. As Lars said, it was why he'd kissed him, but it was still nice to hear. Elliot hadn't ever thought closely about how he felt around Lars, and it seemed easy to admit that he must like him when Lars did too. Like, like him like him. It was reassuring at least that this whole thing seemed confusing and scary for Lars too. Elliot had wondered if he was struggling like he had been or not, since Lars always seemed a bit more aware of his feelings, even if they didn't always make sense to Elliot. Though, Elliot hadn't been thinking about dating himself when he'd kissed Lars the second time, it made sense. You generally kissed people you wanted to date. And as Lars asked if Elliot would be his boyfriend, Elliot was relieved that he did want to say yes.

Boyfriend was a funny word to roll around in his head, it felt kind of grown up and weird, but it definitely fit. Elliot hadn't really thought about being someone's boyfriend before, but was pleased to find the idea was exciting. Nodding, Elliot took Lars hand tentatively, smiling at him when Lars bent down a little to look him in the idea. "Yeah.. Yeah that sounds nice," He said, squeezing Lars hand. "While we're being honest though um. I have no idea..What to do with this stuff. Just a warning." He said with a laugh. Elliot knew, logically, Lars wouldn't be upset if Elliot did anything wrong, not really, but the disclaimer still set him at ease. This whole thing was new, and Elliot would have never thought actually dating someone before, he really didn't want to mess it up.

Even though Elliot had practically said yes already, Lars still felt nervous as he waited for his definitive response. It had felt brave to ask him so directly, but now that he was waiting for the answer it was more terrifying. Lars laughed softly at Elliot's response, squeezing his hand in return. "I don't know either." He admitted. "I've never... kissed anyone before, let alone dated anyone..." He said quietly. "But I think we can figure it out together?" He asked hopefully as he looked at the Hufflepuff. "And... we can do things our own way." He added. It was comforting for Lars not to have to follow some preset rules, as he was sure he would manage to mess that up somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back