Quirks

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
Okay, so i was wondering seeing as most people have more than one account on here. so i was wondering if anyone has certain quirks that all (or many) of their characters have.
for example i will go through some of mine.

Left handedness: my girls are all left handed. Praneil isn't but that is because i made him to be opposite of the girls. (this is most likely because i am left handed in real life)
Green eyes: all of my girls have green eyes, (okay the Le fey's have one green eye and one purple but there is still one green one)
Love of plants: all of my characters love plants, the Le Fey's like gardening, and making herbal products, briar loves living off the land, Tara loves drawing plants, and Praneil's family own an apothecary trading business so to him plants mean money.
Long hair: all of the girls have long hair (regardless of the style)
Good: all of my characters are good, none of them are going to turn evil in the future.
Friendly: all of my characters are nice to others, and will go out of their way to help others. None of them are mean.
food: all of my characters seem to always be eating something (especially Briar)

there are probably more but i cant think of any

so does anyone else have any similar quirks? I am sure you do.

I think my history, most of my characters seems to have some disturbing history. Well most of them and because I'm attracted to despair in stories (I'm soo goth? Right) And that's all I can think of right now, having many not good for me xD. But I tried to focus on one for a while and eventually it gets to me. :p

I definitely know that some of my character's have quirks. I don't even know where said quirks came from but they must have developed over time. Might as well share the most obvious ones.

Long Hair - For some reason I prefer my female character's to have medium or long lengthed hair. It bothers me if it is anyhting above the shoulders, I don't really like short hair on females anyways so that might be why.
Piercings/Tattoo's - A large amount of my characters tend to have piercings. Not all but a lot of them. Same thing with the tattoo's.
Anti-Romantic - A lot of my character's tend to start out hating love, having lost love, or just not caring about it.
Odd names - A lot of my character's have unusual names.
Tall - I think I have only a couple of short characters (male and female alike) I prefer taller chracters.
Girly/Feminine - A lot of my character's end up being girly or feminine, I am better at playing those types than I am tom boys or bad boy's. xD

There are probably some others, but I cannot think of anymore right now.

Well, I tried looking through all of my characters.
The only thing I could see that would be similar between them all is that somehow, some way, they are all connected/related, whether that be loosely or by marriage or adoption. Also, they seem to have a part of me in them, something like my quirks and stuff, just one though.
I'd say, I have a lot of different characters and don't like RPing with the same attitude twice. =)) Gets a little predictable and stuff otherwise. xD

Most of my characters have very few things in common with each other. The only thing I cal really think of is, generally, height: All my adult females (from what I recall*) are at least 5'9". (I'm 5'11ish") My adult males are around 5'10" and up. (All the males in my family are 6 foot, plus. The tallest being 6'7"ish, and still growing- I say there's giant blood in our family. Oddly enough, I have never had a part-giant, but I've always wanted one. Just never found the time to make the character..)
I think a lot of my characters at least like to watch Quidditch, if not actually playing it. That's probably got some connection with my unintentional dribbling over certain brooms and Quidditch players.. *cough*
Most of my characters have wands exceeding 10 inches. I think there's only one character with a wand under that length, and that's Edmund. *cracks a smile*

Anyway, other than that, I'm stumped for what they have in common.

Although, PB-wise, I prefer to find people who don't look like these models in magazines, except for the few characters that they suit. I quite like a female PB with a few healthy curves, and the odd scar, and scruffier hair. I think 20% of my characters have at least one visible scar. I just really like scars. I find them interesting. So many stories you can tell with a single scar. (I have a couple of facial scars, myself)

Kingy.
All my characters are Kingy. :r

Odd names: yes, all of my characters definitely have odd names. This is mostly because from Lapis Lazuli, the rest of the family had to have Lazuli as a last name. Also because I like interesting words.
Long hair: all my girls have long hair, most of them have straight hair. Just 'cause I like it, I guess.
Left handedness: self-explanatory. Probably because I'm left handed.
Curiosity: most are insatiably curious. I do not know why this is.
Female: also self-explanatory. Probably because I am a girl and rubbish when it comes to understanding men. Lorenzo is an exception, but I needed him for plots.

Oblivious: Most of my characters are oblivious to one thing or another, this is probably because sometimes I lack the capacity to understand people and their personal feelings sometimes.
Protective of Family: Most of my characters would die for their family members, even if they hate them. This is probably because I am really protective of my family, even if I fight with them sometimes.
Emotional: Most of my characters are emotional, or are hiding their extreme emotions, I'm not sure why, but I find it easier to roleplay unpredictable characters, whose personalities can change quickly because of one thing, it is comforting because I can be like that. xD
Good Childhood: Most of my characters have a good childhood, but then their lives become more real and frightening. For some reason I like roleplaying my characters growing up from being innocent, naive kids that don't understand that the world is sometimes nasty, to more well rounded people. Or it's the opposite, they come from bad childhoods and I make them realise that the world is not so evil.
Height: Most of my characters are quite short in the first few years of their lives, but once they're about 16-20, they grow to about 5'6 and over, I just don't like having particularly short characters when they've finished growing, probably because I am quite a small person.
Families: Most of my characters come from huge families, I might not create all their family members, but most of my characters either have half a million cousins, or tons of siblings, etc. I come from a pretty big family, so this is probably why most of my characters come from huge families.
Love: So with my characters, they are either soulmate sort of people, so they fall in love with one person and that's it, they'll be faithful untill death to them. Or they date someone, but then date other people and feel guilty about it later, or they don't love at all, but then wind up going with someone because they can, not because of love.
Animal Lovers: All of my characters (minus two) love animals, and when I say all of them, I mean every single one of them, except just two. I'm a huge animal lover, so this explains their behaviour.
Education: So my characters are either huge nerds that would freak if they got in trouble, or people who could care less and tend to get in trouble a bit.
Related: All of my characters are related in one way or another, whether it's through marriage, or association, they could all have an opinion of each other, if I could be bothered to think of how they'd al react to each other. :p

So yeah, that's about it, I'm not sure if there are others, other than the fact that they all have a part of me in them. xD

Hmm, i don't know if my characters have much in common. There is afew things.

Height: All of my characters are short, even the few males that i had. In fact, I have a part-Goblin. i think the height stems from me being short. I've always been short, my mom is short, her mom is short; I will always be short, so my characters shall suffer the short curse too.
Broken Past: Claire is the only character i have that hasn't had a broken past.
Multilingual: Almost all of my characters are multilingual.

That's all i can really think of.

I can't say there is really something that ties all my characters together, I try to make them completely different. Though I suppose they all must be right handed, I never really have mentioned what side is dominate. Though I guess that's more because I use both of my hands so I never really care to mention what hand my characters use.

Height: Always average I'd say but no strict amount they are, I go by the actor's height once they are full grown.
Blue Eyes: All my Nights have blue eyes by accident.
Age: Right now most of my characters are all around the same age, minus Indiana and Jamie. The rest are 15-20.

I like to make my characters tall. (i.e Javar, Freddie, Klaus, Kennedy, Heath, Rafael) I am a short person in real life, so being tall is something I always wanted to be. :p

I like to make my characters go through bad times. (i.e Freddie, Klaus, JazzyMae, Hezekiah, Javar, Heath) I always find them easier to develop once something that pushes them to their limits has happened to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back