Closed Quiet And Social

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Samantha was sitting somewhere around the courtyard. Book called 'The Maze Runner' in her right hand while packets of lollies and candy sat on her lap. Some unwrapped lolly wrappers along with the unopened wrappers. It was a sunny day in the courtyard, with a light breeze. There were a few students scattered around the courtyard. While Samantha was holding her book, she was also trying to open the chocolate bar. The book slipped out of her hand in the process and fell to the floor. Samantha sighed.

Sully swung his arms, trying to stretch out some of the excess energy he always felt building up when he spent too much time sitting around in the castle. The courtyard didn't have quite as much space to run around as the lawn did, but it was still nice to get some fresh air. Enjoying the sunshine, Sully was distracted by the smack of a book hitting the ground, spotting a girl he recognized from class nearby with a pile of lollies. Jogging over, Sully scooped up the book, holding it out to her. "I'll trade you the book for some lollies." He said with a wide grin.

Samantha was about to go grab her book when someone else picked up for her. She looked up and saw a boy that recognized from her year level. She laughed slightly. "Sure, I don't mind sharing anyways." Samantha chuckled and had a few stacked in her palm with a few options to choose from. "Which one would you like?" Samantha asks with a smile.

"Awesome," Sully said, handing over the book and dropping down to sit next to her. "You're Amy's friend right," He said, though it was only half a question, he was pretty sure he had seen the two girls chatting before and was mostly preoccupied looking over the lollies she had. Sully was starting to realizing junk food was really the secret currency of the school and was always happy to take advantage of anyone sharing some. It was a shame he never had the willpower to hold onto his own stash for very long though. Finally settling on one with a green wrapper, he picked it from the girl's palm, opening it and chucking it in the air, trying to catch it in his mouth. It clacked off his teeth but he managed to barely catch it again with his hand before it hit the ground, laughing. "Oops, nearly." He said, weighing the lolly in his palm before he tried again.

Samantha smiles at the boy. "Yea, I am," Samantha says with a small laugh. She watches the boy as he throws the lolly, as he tries to catch it with his mouth, but didn't succeed. She laughed a little. She opens another lolly packet and pops it into her mouth, and put the book beside her. "I have seen you around in some of my classes. But uh, I never got around to knowing what your name is" Samantha says with a small smile. "So what is your name?" Samantha says with curiosity.

Hogwarts was a pretty big school, what if having kids here from intermediate all the way through high school years, but Sully still liked to think he was doing a decent job of keeping track of most of the kids in their year. There were a few quieter ones that he didn't know just though, so it wasn't a stretch that people might not know him too yet. "Oh yeah, no it's cool, I'm Sully," He said, giving her a nod in greeting before looking down at the lolly pile. "If I can catch it in my mouth, would you give me another lolly?" He asked with a grin, already moving to position himself before she'd agreed.

Samantha nods when Sully introduces himself. "Well, hello Sully, I'm Samantha" Samantha says with a kind smile. Samantha notices that he moves himself in a position. "I'll give you two if you can catch it in your mouth" Samantha says with a smile, as she grabs two pieces of lollies from her lolly pile, and picks a third one for herself to eat.

"Samantha, I thought it was something like that," He said knowingly, though truth be told he'd kinda forgotten some of the quieter kids' names in class already. It was only last year, but all the introduction stuff they did felt so long ago and Sully sometimes tuned out in class whenever there wasn't cool magic things happening.
"Sweet!" Sully said when Samantha bet him two lollies, smiling at his own pun and scrambling up to his feet. It was easier to catch things when you were standing. "Okay, lob 'em over like underarm and I'll catch it, watch." He said, giving Samantha a nod when he was ready, intently watching her hand.

Samantha laughed a little when Sully mentioned about her name was something like that. "I'm sure you did," Samantha says as she playfully rolls her eyes. She sees Sully stand up and getting ready to catch the lollies. Samantha nods when he tells her to throw with the lollies in an underarm motion and sees him nod, showing that he was ready. She throws a red wrapped lolly first and then a green lolly next, excited to see if he had caught it with his mouth or not.

Sully was ready for the first lolly, wavering his head back and forth and just managing to catch it, biting his teeth down and reveling in the sweet taste of victory. It was short lived, however, when he didn't react in time for the second one Samantha threw his way, trying to still snag it and mostly succeeding in headbutting the sweet into the ground. He paused for a moment, looking at the lolly on the ground and back to Samantha, chewing slowly. "Well I got one.." He said with a slow smile. "But I could give it back I guess?" He said, still chewing.

Samantha immediately gasped lightly when Sully had missed the second one. "Oh, I'm sorry!" Samantha says sheepishly. She noticed that the second one had landed onto the ground and also noticed that he was chewing the first one he had caught. "Nah, you can keep them," Samantha said with a smile. "You did catch one, anyways," Samantha says with a shrug and smile. She didn't mind giving more lollies. She had plenty, and her mother just sent her more and more lollies each week.

Sully waved off Samantha's apology easily. It was funny, if a bit of a waste of good lollies. Would it still be weird to eat food off the ground if he could clean it with magic, he wondered. His sister always yelled at him at home whenever he did that though, and he doubted him using magic when he was older would make her stop. He grinned though when she didn't take him up on the offer of returning the one he'd caught, he'd thought as much. "Ah well, we tried," He said breezily. "Oh hey, can you juggle?" He asked, making a grab for a few more of the lollies on the bench and tossing them into the air experimentally, only just managing to catch two as he threw them and laughing. "I have no idea how to do this, you just throw them real quick right?"

Samantha laughs a little. "Oh no, I can't. I'm very bad at juggling." Samantha says while shaking her head and laughing slightly. She wishes she knew how to juggle. But even if she tried, she would mess it up on the first go. Samantha watches as Sully tries to juggle and laughed when he slightly messed up. "Don't worry, I have absolutely no idea either," Samantha says with a shrug. "Possibly? Again, I'm no expert at juggling" Samantha says with a shrug. "Do you know any other tricks?" Samantha says with a smile.

Sully laughed when Samantha said she wasn't any good at juggling, trying again, unsuccessfully, to keep the handful of lollies in the air. "It's okay, clearly I'm an expert enough for us both," He laughed, setting the lollies down, but not without sneaking another into his mouth. He figured Samantha probably didn't mind. "What do I look like a circus?" He asked. "But I can totally do handstands, look," Sully looked for a spot in the courtyard that was slightly more even and did his best handstand. It was pretty wobbly, and he only managed to stay up straight for a second or two, but Sully still thought it was pretty impressive. It made him miss Jarica a bit, he'd been bummed out when she'd moved schools. "Cool, aye?" He said, happy to get any chance to show off a little.

Samantha didn't mind sharing her lollies. She always got a lot from her mother. She then laughs when Sully asks about if he looks like a circus and shakes her head as a reply. Samantha wasn't good at any tricks or cool entertainment. "That's a cool handstand. Way better than mine anyway" Samantha says with a laugh. "I'm not very flexible or know any tricks. That's why I was asking" Samantha says with a slight laugh and shrug.

Dusting his hands off, Sully grinned when Samantha rightfully complimented his handstand. "I could probably teach you some time, it's not that hard," He said with a shrug. "Though maybe somewhere with more grass, in case you fall," He said, looking around the courtyard. It had taken Sully most of the holidays last year to get even close to a proper handstand, but he wasn't about to tell Samantha that. Besides, he was probably a good enough teacher anyway. "Oh man, you think there's like party magicians out there who secretly use magic and stuff?" He said, thinking about juggling some more, moving back over to the bench by Samantha and poking one of the lollies with his wand. "I saw one at a fair day thing that had to have been a legit wizard, right?" Sully knew there were rules about him using magic at home, which was dumb, but he wasn't sure as much when adults were allowed to and when they weren't. "It's dumb that it has to be a big secret all the time, aye." He said with a frown.

Samantha smiles excitedly when Sully tells her that he could teach her how to handstand some time. "That would be awesome! I think that would fun to learn" Samantha says with a smile. "That makes sense," Samantha says with a laugh when Sully said about doing the handstands where there is more grass. "Maybe there are party magicians secretly use magic. Who knows? It's all a mystery" Samantha says with a smile and shrug as she grabs a lolly from her pile and opening the lolly before eating eat. "Yeah, it kinda is dumb that all the wizarding stuff is a secret," Samantha says with a nod as she looks around the courtyard. "We can't even use magic at home until a certain age," Samantha says with a sigh.

Sully grinned when Samantha seemed game to learn. "Yeah, it's not that hard, you just gotta have the upper body strength and stuff," He said casually. Sully didn't think he was bragging, he was just telling Samantha the important things for a successful handstand, since she was interested.
Stretching his hands behind his head, he mused more about the idea of real wizards pretending to be fake wizards. "Isn't that like, cheating though?" He wondered if real wizards thought things like card tricks were cool or super lame. "It's so dumb, like I have to go home and pretend I didn't spend half the year turning teacups into turtles or whatever. Can your parents do magic too at least?" He asked. He knew some of the kids here were from magic families and stuff, so it wasn't like they had to go back over the holidays completely cold turkey. Sully wondered how anyone who grew up with magic was able to keep it a secret. He could barely manage not to say anything to his friends for the few weeks he was home.

Samantha nodded when he had told her that she had to use her upper body strength to do it. "Maybe, but some people might not know that they are cheating," Samantha says with a shrug and went to grab another lolly as she answered Sully's question or thought. She then smiled when Sully had asked about if her parents did magic. "Well my father is a wizard but my mother isn't, she's a muggle. Someone, who doesn't do magic." Samantha says with a shrug and smile. "What about you? Do your parents do magic?" Samantha asks Sully with curiosity. She knew a few people like her some of her friends that had parents that weren't wizards and she found that interesting.

It was weird to think there were people who grew up with magic parents and stuff. Sully was kinda jealous of everyone who got to know about all this cool stuff before they were 11. It seemed dumb to wait so long to tell people who weren't born into families and stuff. "I swear my mum always knows when we're doing stuff we shouldn't but I don't think it's real magic. Not like what we can do," He said, crossing his arms. "My sister's jealous as about it all though, but I always knew I had special powers or something," He said happily. Truth be told Sully had always pretended he had special powers. His sister especially had called him a liar when he swore he was just making stuff happen when they were kids, so when it had finally been explained he was a real wizard, Sully had never felt so gratified. "I think my granny might have been a witch, but that might have just been because Dad was afraid her growing him." He added with a grin. He'd never met his granny, she lived in Samoa and had died before he was old enough to visit, but some of the stories he and his auntie told made him wonder if she really had been a legit witch. "What'd your mum do when she found out? That's gotta be pretty freaky, aye?"

Samantha giggles slightly when he tells her that his sister was jealous about his powers and all. "Really? She'll probably get over it" Samantha says with a shrug. Samantha couldn't relate to a sibling who was jealous of magic. Both her brothers were half-bloods, so they were wizards. But she did have the experience of being jealous of her brothers with other things. Samantha laughs a little when Sully asks about what her mother did when she found out. "Well, she was in slight shock and didn't believe my dad at first. But she slowly got there." Samantha says with a small laugh, remembering the story of how her parents met. "How did your family react when they found out you were a wizard?" Samantha says with a small smile, as she grabs another lolly from the pile.

It was still weird to think there were people with a whole family filled with magical people who probably didn't have to worry about things like jealous sisters and whether you're allowed to tell your auntie. "Yeah maybe, she doesn't have much choice, anyway," Sully said happily. His sister Sia was way smart and it wasn't often Sully got one over on her, so he'd been enjoying it while it lasted. "Do you have any brothers or sisters too? Are they are school?"
Sully laughed at Samantha's description of how her mum found out though, nodding. "Yep, that sounds a lot like what happened to my parents. Not sure they were really convinced it wasn't a big joke even when we were doing all the shopping and stuff. The owl's might have pushed them over the edge." Sully said, laughing as he remembered their bewildered faces. Sully hadn't really believed it wasn't quite a joke for awhile too, even as he was on the way to school. It was hard to believe two years ago he'd had no idea this had existed.

Samantha smiles when Sully asks if she had any siblings. "Yea, I do actually," Samantha says with a smile. "I have two brothers. An older half-brother named Harrison and a younger brother named Issac" Samantha says as she goes and grabs another lolly, opens the package and eats the unwrapped lolly. "My younger brother does actually go to Hogwarts," Samantha says with a smile and shrug. "What about you? Do you have any other siblings? And do they go here? Or are you the only magical one?" Samantha says curiously to Sully with a gentle smile. Samantha was still getting used to the magical world and she liked getting to know her classmates.

"Ah yeah," Sully said, listening when Samantha talked a bit more about her family. It must have been pretty cool growing up with magical siblings and parents and stuff. Though Sully got in enough trouble being able to do a bit of magic-y stuff on his own, he couldn't imagine if his siblings could do it too. "That's cool you're able to look after him aye," He said. It would be kinda fun to have his little brother at school too, get to show him around and really show off some cool spells and stuff. "But nah, my dad would lose it probably if my brother and sister could do magic too. Apparently I was bad enough," Sully said with a proud grin, going for another lolly when Samantha did. "My big sister's already too old for magic I think, she's already in high school, but my little brother Rene probably isn't magic either, I dunno. That feels like something I would know about you know?" Sully shrugged. Rene was kinda annoying and quiet a lot, but Sully felt like he would know if he was magic. Besides, Sully much preferred it if magic was just his thing. He didn't want to share it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back