quidditch practice

Angelica Schuster

Angelica walked onto the pitch clutching the school broom she'd borrowed. She was nervous for the tryouts, and was happy that Sam had decided to 'practice' with her. She was new at this, but hoped she caught on fast, for her sake. She stood there, looking down at her wrist watch every now and then. Although she was early, she hoped Sam wouldn't turn up late. Silently, she placed the Cleansweep on the grass and plopped down beside it.

Sam jogged onto the pitch with his borrowed broom slung over his shoulder and immediatly saw Ange sitting near the centre. He made his way over to her and thought hed try and impress her. Quickly he slung his le over the broom and kicked off the ground. His broom hovered off the ground breifly before going limp and thudded on the ground with Sam on it. He quickly got up to see if she heard him and walked over and said hi. "So you ready for this?" He asked Ange..

Angelica laughed as she saw Sam hit the ground after his poor attempt to fly. As he made his way over, she stood curtly and picked up the broom.
"You betcha I'm ready!" she said smiling, the nervousness she'd felt only moments before disappeared. Leaving her with a feeling of a new sort of comfort; she was excited.
She walked over to the broom shed, hoping that it was unlocked, and to their luck, it was. She opened the creaky wooden door and picked up a used beater's club, a quaffle, and the case which sealed the bludgers. She dropped it in front of Sam with a loud thud, and chucked him the quaffle.
"I thought I'd try Keeping, and you can practice being a Chaser, since I know that's what you want," Angelica said excitedly.
"Frances should be coming, I mentioned we'd be practicing so we can just leave the bludgers and the club out for her," she added making her way over to the center of the pitch.
She quickly mounted the broom and kicked off the ground. She felt a sweep of air across her face and was overwhelmed by the feeling. She was glad to be out here, it was perfect. Taking two laps around the pitch, she finally came to a stop near the goal posts, positioning herself in front of the middle post. She scanned the pitch for Sam, and when she spotted him she called out.
"OI! YOU READY YET?"

After they got their equipment they geared up and flew off. Sam waited to see Ange takeoff first as to not embarress himself again.He watched her do a lap and he felt more confident. you can do this he thought to himself. He slung his leg over the broom again and prayed. He puched off and this time he knew hed done it because the broom made no attmpt to fall again. Instead it picked up speed and soared to where he edged it to go. Sam began to feel happier on his broom and so he stopped and he noticed Ange had finished another lap.this time ill show her he thought. He leant forawards and his broom shot off towards Angelica. As he flew he heard her shout out and he pulled back on the brooms knobbed head. "OKAY IM SET!!" He yelled back and he flew down and got the quaffle before going Angelicas side.

Frances walked onto the Quidditch Pitch clutching her Scarlet Streak, and spotted Angelica and Sam in the air. She quickly strolled over to the centre and called out to them. "GUYS! I'M HERE!! WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?"

"ALRIGHT!" she called back to Sam, ready to block the posts at any cost.
Just as she called out, Frances appeared on the pitch. "Hang on Sam," Angelica said as she flew past him and made her way down to Frances.
She soared swiftly toward her and stopped about half a metre above the ground, hovering steadily. "Um, well I know you're going to tryout for Beater, so I got out the bludgers and the beater's bat for you," she said gesturing toward the equipment down on the pitch. "So you can just release the bludgers and get to clubbing," she laughed. Angelica was glad to be out on the pitch with her friends. The excitement of that flying sensation was great.

Sam watched his friend glide to the hoops and hover in front of them. He saw her call out to someone below them, he turned to get a look and he came to see Frances and her amazing broom.im getting one too he thought jealously. Sam heard his freinds yelling conversation and watched Frances get her club and kick out the bludgers. They metal balls soared up and one came zooming straight at him. Sam was ready for it and merely leant back to let the threat shoot past inches away from his nose. He let out a quick cheer and readied his quaffle for Ange.

"Okidoky!" Frances said smiling back at her friend, making her way over to the Beater's bat which laid next to the case sealing the bludgers. Once she picked up the bat, she kicked open the trunk and released the bludgers, quickly mounting on her broom and kicking off instantly. She peeled her eyes open in search for any sign of the bludgers, darting in off in all around the pitch. With a quick glance to her left, she caught sight of a bludger soaring off in the opposite direction. On instinct, Frances leaned forward on her Scarlet Streak and zoomed off after it, holding the bat firmly in her hand. Once she swerved a clean cut across the path of the bludger, she swung. SMACK! The bludger went soaring off to the opposite end of the pitch. Smiling to herself, Frances flew back to the center and began scouting again for any trace of a bludger.

Angelica continued to hover in that one spot as she watched Frances prepare herself, and soon enough, beat a bludger into the opposite direction. She grinned at her friend, then soared back up to the posts and positioned herself in front of the centered one. She drew he hands up in a comfortable keeping position, balancing steadily on the broom.
"Okay Sam! I'm ready!" she called out to him, a wide smile spreading across her face, her eyes glued to him as she waited for his next move

((oi sam, just a tip.. no godmoding... like, don't make other characters do stuff :p :D you can't exactly control them unless their yours))

Kasey was proud to be a chaser for her team and she was loooking forward to the Qudditch practice.She went down to the Qudditch pitch and saw people practicing."Hi,I am Kasey"she said to Angelina,Sam and Frances."R u all selected to play for teams?"she asked with a smile."I am the chaser for rawenclaw.What position are you?"she asked."If anyone is a keeper,We can practice together?"

((oopps srry...yea i knew i cudnt but i was gessing thats wat u wudve written...gess not...OH WELL))

Sam hovered in the air with the quaffle wen a voice called from below. He looked down to see a girl whom hed never seen before. She called out something but he didnt hear it."Oi!" He called "What position do you play?!"

Angelica saw a figure walk onto the pitch down below them, and heard Sam calling out to them. She flew down and hopped off the broom, and strode over to the gir.
"Hey there," she said holding out her hand for the person to shake. "I'm Angelica, I play keeper, but sadly I didn't make the team," she added still smiling although she felt the disappointment within.

As Frances spotted another bludger speed off in the distance, she geared up her Scarlet Streak and was just about to zoom off after it when she saw Angelica talking to someone on the pitch. So she slung the bat over her shoulder and zoomed instead, over to the two. "Hey!" she said as she jumped off her broom and onto the patch of grass next to Angelica. "Frances Peverell, Beater on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team," she said brightly. "Chaser aye? Sam's a Chaser," she said nodding her head over in Sam's direction.

Not waiting for the girl to reply Sam zoomed towards the group of girls and jumping off mid-glide to land perfectly to form a square out of the group. "Hi" he said lifting his hand in a wave kinda motion "Names Sam and imma chaser"..

((nice 'quote' sam.. lol :p
kasey, we are sort of waiting on you.... so if you could reply asap then, that'd be great :D ))

Blake walked onto the pitch and saw Frances with a bunch of people, it appeared that they were getting some quidditch practice done, so he made his way over to them, his Emerald Streak in his right hand, his Beater's Bat in the other. "Hey Frances, Angelica," he said as he made his way over. Nodding at the other boy and girl whom he had never met, " Hey there, I'm Blake Zepline."

"Hey Blake," Frances called as Blake made his way over. "Beater too, huh?" she said swinging her bat from her left shoulder to her right. "In for some practice?" she asked, indicating at the bludger zooming past the group. Gearing up her Streak, she sped off after it swinging her bat wildly, and with a loud thud, sending the bludger off in the opposite direction.

"Blake," Angelica said with a curt nod. Turning her gaze to Frances, she watched as she went for another bludger, rolling her eyes and laughing a little. "Anyway, what brings you here?" she asked Blake, clearly still annoyed at him.

Sam turned his attention at the new guy on the feild and nodded back with a grunt. Sam knew Angelica didnt like him and so decided to keep cautious even though he didnt knw why she disliked him. Turning at the sound of a bludger being smacked he saw Frances laughing and swinging her bat. He decided to join her and got a running start before jumping into the air on his broom. The school broom zoomed at amazing speed but not enough to keep up with the streak so he watched Frances fly about before going to get his quaffle ready again.

"Umm..." Blake said nervously, turning from the other boy, to Angelica, feeling very unwelcome. "I just... wanted to get some extra practice," he said gesturing down at his bat and broom. "Frances wait!" he called wanting to get away from all the pressure Angelica was giving him. He mounted his broom quickly, then kicked off into the air, speeding off after the boy and Frances.
Once he'd caught up to her side, he swung the bat over his shoulder. "You betcha I'm a beater," he said happily.

Angelica glared after Blake as he sped off, she quickly mounted her broom and took off into the sky, rounding near the goal posts, she positioned herself in her normal defense mode. "SAM!" she called over, "WANA STIRKE SOME GOALS!?"

Frances laughed as Blake sped up to her side. "You two still going at it then?" she said, turing to face him she slowed down for Sam. "I think she's calling you," she said nodding her head in Angelica's direction. Just then she spotted another bludger in the distance, and without hesitation, she flew off after it, going in for another swing. Bring her bat up to her should for extra support, Frances swerved just in time to cut infront of the bludger and swung madly with great strength. "FORE!" she called as she watched it proudly fly off down the other end of the pitch, heading straight for Angelica. She hovered in mid-air to see what her friend would do, hoping she could see the bludger flying at her.

Sam did a big slow turn at Angelicas call and headed,at phenomenal speed, towards the 3 rings with the quaffle tucked under his arm. As he flew he eyed up the goal and Angelicas keeping position then formating a plan leant harder forward and picked up speed. As he neared the goal he did a sharp 90 degree turn to his upper left then did a big loop going upside down back to the rightside of his normal position then quick as a flash and as hard as he could tossed the quaffle to the ring farthest on the right and watched it soar.

Angelica heard Frances call out, she looked over in her direction just in time to catch a bludger soaring her way. Swerving just in time to dodge it she narrowed her eyes at Sam who chose to, at that moment, take a cheap shot which she reluctantly missed. She watched it soar through the hoop, diving down to caught it before it hit the ground. "NOT FAIR!" she shouted up at Sam.

Sam saw his shot go through and let out a cheer but knew it was only because of the bludger Frances hit at Angelica. Sam watched Ange fly down and catch the quaffle. "HEY!" He called "Can you hurry up!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back