Quidditch Lessons

Ari nodded vigorously
"Yeah" she said, glad he'd caught on
"Got any ideas" she asked him hopefully. Ari nodded in agreement
"I know, but they needed players, so Viv and I volunteered" she said with a shrug. She gave him a smile
"That's why I'm going to need you to catch me" she said.

Ares laughed he still couldnt believe Arianna wanted to get into trouble, and he couldnt imagine her wanting to get into the sort of trouble he did. "Nope I got nothing" he said, still in disbelief.

"Wow" he said slowly, "You nervous?" he asked

"We'll come up with something in the holdays" Ari assured him. She would need to think hard to find something that Ares would agree to. The huge oaks around her house could be useful... She mentally shook herself, now wasn't the time.
"Yup" she said simply. She wasn't all that nervous about the flying part, or being knocked off her broom. The only thing that bothered was letting her house down. She would happily brake both her legs, as long as she didn't ruin their game.

Ares smiled still having difficulty imagining getting into trouble with Arianna. "Yeah, we'll come up with something..." he agreed.

"Im sure you'll do great!" he reassured her, "Just stay focused and do your best and..." he froze "Wait!" he said with a gasp "Your playing us!!" he suddenly realized. He poked his tongue at her "You'll do great, but your teams gunna lose anyway!" he teased.

Ari grinned
"We sure are" she said, when he realised that they would be playing each other.
"You guys are going down" she said. However much she liked Ares, it wouldn't get in the way of the competition. In fact, it would make her even more competitive, to show him just how good her house was.
"If you get subbed on, then it's war" she said, grinning evily.

Ares evil eyed Arianna seriously hoping he wouldn't be subbed on for the game against hufflepuff. As a beater he'd do a horrible job, trying to decide between helping his team win by hitting bludger after bludger at Arianna and Neita and trying not to let the two get hurt. He groaned "That's not fair, You know I cant hit you or Neita with a bludger!" he complained.

Arianna laughed. That was very true, which gave them an advantage.
"You'd better not" she said, mock narrowing her eyes.
"Did you hear what Hoshi and those Slytherins did to Neita?" she asked, scowlng slightly. When she'd heard, her temper had flared, and she'd wanted to go down and give them a piece of her mind.

Ares evil-eyed Arianna again as she laughed. His eyes widened in shock as she brought up Hoshi and Neita in one sentence, his heart started pounding, slightly nervous. "What did they do?" he asked firmly yet hesitantly, his feelings for Hoshi and his anger at what she might've done to Neita at war.

Arianna was surprised at the affect her sentence had on Ares. Wow, he must really care about Neita she thought. It made her smile, at how sweet that was.
"Well, I'm not too sure, but I know it involved spiders, bubotuber pus, and innocent by standers, which happened to be Neita" she said, frowning.
"I also heard something about vomit" Ari added, wrinkling her nose.

Ares listened intently wincing at the details his fingers slowly curling in to form fists, he glanced away annoyed at himself for not being there more for Neita. She hates spiders he remembered "How do you know it was Hoshi?" he couldn't help but blurt out. A moment later blinked his eyes as if he just woke out and let out a long breath "How is she?" he asked quietly about Neita.

Arianna knew straight away that Ares must know Hoshi in some way
"Um, that's just what I heard" she said. She frowned trying to remember
"Hoshi and someone with a name beginning with 'L'" she said slowly. Ari shrugged. She didn't know. The last she'd seen of Neita was in the Common room at elective selections. She changed the subject, rather hastily
"So... any other plans for the holidays?" she asked Ares.

Ares frowned in thought. Surely Hoshi wouldn't have gone that far he tried to convince himself. "Not really" he answered eventually. "Probably gunna spend most of the holidays catching up with Oliver" he spoke fondly of his best friend, he'd been so happy when his friend returned to school, but they always had so much school work they rarely saw eachother. "What about you?" he asked Ari.

Ari shrugged
"Me neither" she said, with a sigh. She was itching to get back on the broom
"Want to keep flying?" she asked him, looking back at the brooms. If she was going to be playing in the final match, she'd need to get some practise in.

Ares sighed "Yeah sure" he agreed reluctantly. Standing back up and offering her a hand. He picked up his broom and walked over to his quidditch case. "What shall we do now?" he asked.

Ari took his hand, smiling in thanks as she hopped up. Noticing that didn't seem overly enthusiastic, she placed a hand on his arm
"We don't need to fly" she said, smiling softly
"What do you want to do?" she asked. Ari could tell when things weren't right.

Ares turned as he felt Arianna touch his arm. "You sure you dont mind?" he asked hesitantly, feeling bad that he wasn't up for practicing when she was. He looked around "Wanna take a walk?" he asked, planning to steer clear of where he was to meet Hoshi.

"Sure" Ari said quietly, she didn't mind at all. Placing her broom back on the ground, she turned back to him
"Where should we go?" she asked him, looking around. The leaves on the trees outside of the pitch were almost bare, now that Autumn had set in
"Over there?" she asked, pointing at the big piles of fallen leaves.

Ares smiled as she agreed. He began walking slowly in the direction Arianna had pointed in. "I cant wait till exams are over" he said slowly remembering she was the only person who knew how he'd been doing all his school work. "Hows your studying coming along?" he asked.

Arianna laughed
"What studying?" she said in reply to his question. It was true, she had been doing nothing. Sighing, she knew she'd better start soon... tonight probably. Reaching the leaves, she turned to face him, her back to the biggest pile of leaves, held her arms out, and fell backwards onto the pile. She giggled, rolling over onto the ground.

Ares looked at her wide-eyed for a moment before sighing and sitting down next to her "This is not me!" he said annoyed "Looking like a nerd compared to you." he explained "Theres something very wrong with this picture and I intend to set in straight!" he said with a smirk thinking of the plan him and his two best friends were devising.

Ari looked at him curiously
"What are you smiling about?" she asked suspicously. Knowing Ares, she had it a feeling whatever it was would be big.
"A nerd?" she laughed. She couldn't really imagine it.

Ares just smiled and shrugged it off... "Nothing" he said slyly. He frowned "Yeah im starting to feel like a complete nerd! It really sucks" he rolled his eyes "Hows you life?" he asked changing the subject.

Ari eyed him even more suspicously
"Hmmm" was all she said. She knew she'd find out eventually.
"My life..."Ari said slowly, leaning back into the leaves. What had been going on in her life lately? She wasn't really sure.
"Well, Viv got back... And Quidditch" she listed. And hanging out with you she added in her head.

Ares looked at Arianna confused "Vivienne went somewhere?" he asked sheepishly. "Yeah quidditch is cool" he said with a small frown "Just wish I wasn't always just a reserve" he shrugged "But we do have a really strong team" he said with a small smile. He glanced at Ari they had been spending alot of time together, If I didnt like Hoshi maybe I'd really like... he stopped the thought before he could even finish it We're just friends he thought, as he stretched and lay down in the fallen leaves.

Arianna nodded, the leaves rustling behind her head
"Yeah... I'm not sure where she went. Family stuff, I think" she said shrugging. Though she was curious as to where Viv had been, she was just glad to have her best friend back.
"Speaking of my best friend..." she said, grinning over at him
"And your best friend..." she said, eyes twinkling
"What's going on there?" she asked. Ari knew that they had gone to the Ball together, but hadn't seen them, and didn't know where they stood now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back