Que Sera Sera

Chavdar shrugged, "Perhaps she would... But she couldn't react worse than Hadan will. She has already lost one sibling..." He faded off. He stood up and put the tea on the coffee table. He would have to write a letter to his daughter, and hope that she wouldn't be angry with him. There is no telling how she would react, for the worse or for the better? She didn't even know Rosaline, and only met her once. And the pureblood thing would probably upset her even worse.

Rosaline bit down on her bottom lip as Chavdar mentioned Hadan, and how she had lost her sister before sighing heavily, both of their children would not be pleased with this. "Eventually they will be fine," she murmured hopefully as she looked up into Chav's stormy eyes. "Would you like to come with me Chavdar?" she asked as she crossed her arms against her chest, part of her hoped he would but then again she didn't want Avrille to be rude to him if she was upset.

Chavdar put his hand on his head, smoothing his hair which was tied behind his neck. He gave her a hopeful smile. "I'll come with you." Chavdar's eyes went to the stairs that Avrille had run up, and hoped that the girl would not be upset. Of course, he would be freaked out if she was overjoyed, but then again, after his father's and Rosaline's uncle's reactions about their relationship, Chavdar learned to never assume anything. Chavdar let out a sigh, and shrugged, "At least I have all week to plan out a letter to write to Hadan." That was something that Chavdar did not want to write. Not anytime soon.

Rosaline smiled at Chavdar, relieved that he was coming with her, perhaps it would be easier on Avrille if she got to meet him. She shrugged her shoulders heavily as Chavdar said that he had a week to plan a letter to Hadan. There will be one interesting reaction, she thought with amusment as she slowly made her way towards the winding stair case up to Avrille's room, of course she was assuming that he would soon follow. "I'd like to apologize ahead of time, incase she says anything that might be offending Chav," she said.

sorry I didn't know what to write :s

Chavdar let out a sigh, already planning the letter thoroughly in his mind. At least she would have a few months to release her anger before releasing her wrath on him. Heh, for once, I dread the summer on seeing her, he smiled to himself. He followed Rosaline up the staircase. He was relieved that Rosaline wasn't dizzy or anything over the pregnancy, or else she could have fallen down the stairs. Her words snapped him out of his thoughts. Chavdar nodded, "It'll be fine. I am sure that I have heard a lot worse." Either from his real father or his foster parents, whichever, he was sure that he had heard worse.

Rosaline simply nodded at this, sure Chavdar was right but this was her daughter and it was different, at least for her it was. As she approached Avrille's closed bedroom door she bit down on her bottom lip, wondering if she should knock first or just enter. "Avrille?" she asked in a gentle tone as she slowly opened the door to the bedroom.

Avrille had been sitting on the stairs that led down towards the sitting room when she overheard Rosaline speak to Kaleb's uncle. When she heard that her mother was pregnant she couldn't help but feel angered at this, she didn't want any siblings. She already had one that she detested, why did she need another?

So out of anger she stormed up to her bedroom, and shut the door and sat down on her bed. Hoping that Rosaline and Kaleb's uncle would just go away she took out a baseball she had taken from some mudblood she didn't like the company of and began throwing it at the wall, letting it bounce back into her hands, and throwing it again.

"Avrille?"

Avrille turned her head towards the door and snapped coldly in Russian, "What is it?" She flicked her bright green eyes to a picture she had of her biological parents and herself and her sister. Arsloch!(sp) she thought as she looked back at the now completely open door, not looking at her mother but Kaleb's uncle.

"What is it?"

Rosaline looked at Avrille and sighed, before walking into her bed room, and sitting on her bed beside her. "Can we speak with you?" she asked in a motherly tone that meant that Avrille really had no choice in the matter. When she saw her daughter nod hesitantly she half smiled at her and placed her hand around her shoulder lightly before glancing over at Chavdar. "Coming?" she asked lightly.

Rosaline gazed around her daughter's bedroom, it was an interesting mix of things to say at the least. There were several books lined up against the walls, in fact there were so many it was almost impossible to see the black and red paint on the walls. There were several sketches framed and on walls that were drawn at various times by Avrille. Leaning against the wall opposite the wall of a large window that had dark curtains drawn in was a desk. On the desk there were several crossword puzzles completed by Avrille, and currently there was one unfinished laying on her desk with a quill over top of it. This last word had only nine letters and still Avrille had been unable to figure it out.

Rosaline of course knew that the word was treachery but Avrille had been stubborn and had refused any outside help on the matter of this, as she always would.

Chavdar noticed Avrille's eyes upon him, and dismissed it. It was his fault after all. He entered the bedroom, and shut the door behind him. He didn't really know how to approach Rosaline and her adopted daughter, and simply stood there for a moment. His stormy eyes gazed around the room, and smiled to himself. At least this room was slightly more normal than Hadan's, who had pretty much a dungeon for a room, lit only by black candles.

Chavdar approached the bed, and knelt down in front of Avrille and Rosaline. He could be an interesting person for children, and although his patience was thin, he still attracted them like flies. He only preferred teenagers over younger children, and having Kaleb and Kailie around gave him practice. But still, Avrille was a completely different story. She wasn't like Kailie, and more like Kaleb but she was a female as well, something he could never relate to.

He chose to not say a word.

"Can we speak with you?"

Avrille grumbled lightly and said quietly, "Whatever." She watched as Kaleb's uncle entered her bedroom, her cold green eyes not straying from him as he came closer to her. When he kneeled in front of her and her Mama she clentched her fist around the baseball and asked the man, "Who are you?"

Avrille was going to ignore her Mama until she got a few simply questions answered by the man. Ones she expected to be answered and until they were she would be the little brat she knew she could be with ease.

Chavdar was rather taken off guard when the girl questioned him. Sighing, he answered softly, "I'm Chavdar. From what I understand, you are friends with Kaleb, my nephew, and met my daughter, Hadan." Chavdar wondered if the girl was simply going to ask him questions, and this one was easy to answer. Chavdar glanced down at her hand clinching the baseball. Hopefully, this girl wouldn't be a horrid case and well, she was makign progress by simply talking, right?

As the man, supposively named Chavdar answered her question and mentioned Kaleb and the girl with eyes like blood she rolled her eyes, he was trying to get on her good side, or that's what it seemed like anyways. "Mhmm," she murmured, judgmentily. As his gaze left hers, and went down to her hand, she dug her fingernails into the baseball, until her tiny fingers began to show her blue and green vains. "Saukerl," she said, trying to get his attention back to her cold eyes, "How long have you known Ma-" Avrille stopped short before clearing her throat and correcting herself, "Rosaline?"

Chavdar returned her look with a cold one of his own, his eyes void of any emotion. Chavdar answered the question with ease, "I've known her for a while, more than a year, since I started living here in New Zealand." Chavdar immediately wanted nothing more but to answer the questions. He no longer cared if he was being nice or not. His patience has broken, but luckily, he had more self control to feel calm and collected. He gave one glance to Rosaline, and then his stormy eyes went back to Avrille's.

Avrille smirked seeing his response; he was amusing her, a fair bit. “Lovely,” she murmured under her breath, but still being sarcastic.”Now, Saukrel,” she began, deciding that she preferred to insult him rather then use his name, his lack of patience and perhaps even anger seemed to make her happier. “Your daughter is the one with eyes like blood, yes? “ she asked, not waiting for a response. “What will you do with her anger,, because if I’m not pleased, she certainly can’t be,” she smirked.

lame sorry

Chavdar simply nodded when she mentioned his daughter. He ignored what she was calling him. He had heard worse, so this was nothing. Chavdar let out a sigh and shrugge, "She won't be. But well, how she deals with it is her problem. I'll just let her have some friends over or something, normally, her Durmstrang friends will help redirect her anger, that is, if she hasn't taken it out on someone else after she is informed." Chavdar wondered who exactly was friends with the albino girl. She wasn't friendly, and if she did have any guy friends, well... Chavdar knew that he would have to keep an eye on them at all times, like the protective man he is.

Avrille smiled at the Saukrel, deciding that she might like his daughter. She tucked a strand of black hair behind her ear, and grinned at Chavdar. He amused her and despite everything she thought she actually might like him, in time. "Alright, do you have anything to say to me?" she asked them both, she was calmed for now, well she was hiding her anger, and would probably take it out on some dirty mudbloods later, with some pranks. Perhaps I can get Kal to join me, she smirked.

Rosaline looked at Chavdar apologetically when Avrille insisted on insulting him, and was about to step in, but he had responded before she had gotten the chance. I'll have to remind her of her manners later, she thought, giving her daughter a look of warning, but it fell, into a confused smile when Avrille smiled at Chavdar.

Chavdar did not smile back when Avrille did. It confused him rather. A tiny hint of a smirk played on his lips though, giving him a sly appearance. "I have nothing to say, ." This girl wasn't like a normal little girl such as Kailie. No, this one was different. Chavdar might actually grow to like Avrille. However, there was no telling. Then again, it wasn't easy to get Chavdar to dislike someone. Not care, that was a different story. He spared Rosaline a stare for a moment, before turning back to Avrille.

Avrille shrugged her awkward tiny shoulders in response to Chavdar's words. "Well.. Can you leave now? Because I would like to read," she asked rudely. She really didn't care about the mixed signals she might be sending to Chavdar and her Mama. While waiting she tossed up the baseball in the air nonchalantly and then caught it again. She continued to do this while humming quietly to herself, assuming that they were both gone.

Rosaline smiled gently at Chavdar, and then looked over at her daughter. She placed her hand on top of her head gently, and ran her fingers through her black curls softly. "Sure Avrille," she said before standing up uneasily. She was still a little dizzy so getting up was a little difficult. Before she looked over at Chavdar she murmured in Russian to Avrille, "We'll talk later." Rosaline then opened the door lightly and held it open for Chavdar.

lame sorry :S

Chavdar only raised an eyebrow at Avrille. Shaking his head, he stood up to his full height. His face remained the same, but allowed his eyes to swarm with worry when he noticed Rosaline having a bit of trouble standing up. Must be the baby inside her. He quickly assumed. Chavdar wanted to reach out to her, to hold her and tell her everything will be okay. But then, the guilt would wash over the both of them. Rosaline had held the door open for him, and thought that the picture looked rather wrong. Without arguing, he passed her and walked down the stairs. He finally spoke, “Whenever you want me to, I’ll go get the baby books and learn how to properly be a dad.”

Rosaline followed Chavdar down the stairs carefully, when she reached the bottom she listened to him speak, and she nodded her head gently. "Well, Gaspard will be back soon, so, you are free to leave," she said, finding that she wished to be held by Chav, but also not wanting to feel guilty just by his touch.

Rosaline sighed gently and laced her hands together, as she looked at Chav. Almost wishing that Gaspard wouldn't be returning soon and that he could stay with her. She didn't want to be alone to her thoughts just yet, but there was always Gisella, Gaspard's youngest daughter, who she could speak to, although a six year old wouldn't exactly allow stimulating conversations to be had.

Chavdar sighed, and contained himself from touching Rosaline. He felt bad either way. There had to be an easier solution to all this. He found himself wanting to be a father, and couldn’t wait to hold his son or daughter for the first time, but like this? He was unsure. Chavdar nodded, “I’ll go on ahead and get the things. If you ever need me, you know where to find me. And I’ll send an owl your way to see how you are doing and such.” He gave a little smile to Rosaline, and gave a small wave to her, before apparating.

Rosaline nodded her head gently, but didn't say anything. When Chavdar left she sighed and placed her hands on her flat stomach anxiously. God, I've gone down a long way, she thought as she looked at her pregnant belly. She shook her head shamefully, and then left the living room, deciding that she was going to take a nap.

END OF THREAD
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back