Que Sera Sera

Rosaline Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
13 1/2" Katalox Wood Wand with Chimera Scale core
Positive.

Oh how that word irked Rosaline. Horror stricken, she rubbed her eyes from under her glasses. Oh god! Was all she could think as she took her spectacles off. Her stomach churned, making her feel nauseous. The woman exhaled deeply, trying to calm herself down in any way possible, but there was no use, until she saw Chavdar and his reaction to the good news she wouldn’t be calm at all.

Rosaline picked her glasses off of the vanity and put them on once more, in hopes that her mind was playing cruel games on her and that it wasn’t actually positive. With nervous fingers she picked up the cyan blue and off-white pregnancy test that lay on the edge of the vanity.

It was still positive. “Chavdar,” she whispered faintly. Rosaline was terrified; there was simply no going around this. What would he think? Say? Do? What would she decide to do? She knew that she couldn’t put herself through another abortion; it just doesn’t do well to the heart. But she also knew that she still loved Vaschel and that she had always wished to have his children, when he was alive, but seeing as that wasn’t an option, she was stuck.

How could we have done that? I should have had more sense then that! She thought as she looked down at her stomach, envisioning it developing right before her bright blue eyes, to a size that could only mean that she would be due in a few weeks time. “Lord,” she murmured under her breath. The woman shook her head vehemently, and then looked back up at the mirror distraughtly.

Rosaline’s life had finally begun to calm down and piece itself together. Avrille would be starting school soon; Asparuh had stopped pestering Chavdar and herself, because of the truce, and she had a job she liked. So she didn’t see how having a baby – or several – would be to her advantage, or Chavdar’s for that matter. He had two arduous jobs to hold, and they scarcely saw each other as is.

After a few minutes – that felt like long hours – of trying to collect herself, she slipped out her wand and made the test vanish. Rosaline then walked out of her washroom and down the staircase and into the living room. There she had a quill, parchment and some black ink placed neatly on an oak coffee table.

Once sitting, she crossed her legs in the most lady-like fashion she could before picking up the piece of parchment, and placing it on her knee as a hard surface. She lifted up her hand lightly and opened the lid to the still ink, and placed the lid beside the small vial, before picking up the dainty grey quill and dipping it into the ink, deeper then she had expected. Whence satisfied, she scrapped some of the excess on the edges of the bottle, letting them slowly drip back down into the rest of the dark, murky liquid.

Rosaline let out a heavy sigh as she brought the quill to the parchment, letting it rest there as she collected her thoughts. She had no intention on telling him through word, she would have to tell him face to face. It would be harder, but that way she knew that it would only be him that would know, she didn’t fancy having Asparuh, Gaspard, or her father, Ludovic, knowing when she still was hesitant in her decision to keep it or otherwise. Rosaline’s eyes widened slightly, as she realized that the black liquid was going through the page and onto her leggings, she rolled her eyes critically at herself and began to write.

Dearest Chavdar,

I need to speak with you, it’s very pressing. So at the earliest time possible, could you please come to Gaspard’s house? Not to worry though, it’s just Avrille and I here today.

In haste,
Rosaline Jenane.

Upon finishing the letter, she addressed it in her neatest cursive, so Chavdar would know exactly where to show up as he had never been to where she was staying. Rosaline folded the thick parchment and picked up an envelope and slid it into it. Then she wrote Chavdar Zcharovich(sp?), centered, on the front of the letter. She attached the letter to her barn owl’s leg and sent it on it’s way so she could get his response as quickly as possible, the woman was – of course – quite anxious for all of this, but part of her hoped he was on yet another trip to Bulgaria.

Rosaline pulled her wand out and flourished it quickly while murmuring: Scourigify under her breath. The room was cleaned instantaneously, and she gave herself a lopsided smile. She then sent her patronus to the house elf, asking it do get her a cup of tea.

As Rosaline waited she heard her daughter come down the stairs. The girl’s hair had grown out so it was hovering above her shoulders – when straight – and because she was bored today it had been curled into rather misleading ringlets that made her seem more innocent then she actually was. For some reason this amused Avrille, and it showed in her harlequin green eyes. The girl then tottered over to her mother’s side and plopped herself down beside Rosaline. Rosaline received a girlish grin then heard: “Hi Mom!” The smile was returned – falsely - and the girl was picked up from her small torso, and motherly arms were wrapped around Avrille once she was placed on the woman’s lap. “Hello Avrille,” she said in a warmer tone then she used when she was at home, which was still rather cold.

“Wann sind wir der Schule einkaufen?” she girl simpered. Rosaline simply exhaled heavily and rolled her eyes before placing her small hands on top of Avrille’s head, although she was relieved her German lessons were working she was too stressed to deal with her at this point and time. “In time,” she replied vaguely. She hoped that her daughter would just not be stubborn for this one time, but she really didn’t believe she would be. She was just too nervous for Chavdar’s response; she hadn’t even gotten a letter back from him yet. Part of her felt even more nervous because of this, but the other half of her felt relieved at the possibility of putting off telling him longer, perhaps until she made her decision on this. Maybe he is in Bulgaria again, she thought hopelessly because she really knew he wasn’t.

Avrille leered at her mother’s response then whined, “Ìàìà, ýòî íå ñïðàâåäëèâî! Kal óæå íà÷àëà ïîêóïîê.” Rosaline sighed at this, knowing her daughter really wasn’t certain of this or not. “Èçîáðàçèòåëüíîå çàâòðà,” she opted, and was relieved when her daughter nodded in satisfaction but frowned deeply as she began writhing off of Rosaline’s lap. The woman observed as the green-eyed girl picked up the quill she had just used to write Chavdar and run upstairs.

Rosaline crossed her arms against her chest with aggravation, deciding that this was wrong, that the test was completely incorrect, and that she was not pregnant, but she was. Just as she was about to call for the house elf, to check if the tea was brewed, she heard something and turned her heard towards the creator of the clatter.
[/color]
[sorry that was sort of lame.. i needed filler]

Chavdar remained in his private study, taking the day off both of his jobs. He worked his own hours, and because Hadan was in school, he spent as much time as possible away from his home, because just reading made Chavdar anxious. He flipped a page in Russian book, not really reading, moreorless just skimming over the words. He glanced up to hear a peck of some kind of animal. An owl? What for?

He had an odd feeling about today, and wondered if it was going to be bad or good. He closed the book and stood up. Today, he was actually dressed in his wizard attire, wearing a set of black robes and a black cloak over it. He approached the stairs and walked up them. He opened the door, and a barn owl was sitting in his weight room, upon the bench. Once seeing him, it raised its leg to show off the letter. The only thing Chavdar thought of was what on earth did Hadan get herself into?

He took the letter, and opened it. His eyes widened in shock, pressing? What happened? Chavdar motioned for the owl to go on and fly back home. He was glad that she put the address on the letter, because he had no idea where Rosaline lived. He rushed through the house, neglecting to see the new addition, Rosaline herself, to the family tree, having one line connect her to Chavdar, and another line vertical to show that she was pregnant.

After concentrating on the street, he apparated. He reappeared on the sidewalk, and walked, with haste, until he found the right address. He glanced up to see the barn owl fly into the window, and he knew that it was the right house. He approached the door, and debating on walking in or knocking. Thinking on impulse, he knocked a few times. Chavdar debated on what this was all about. Could it be Avrille? Gaspard? Her father? He waited, and seconds felt more like hours to him.

Rosaline stood up quickly and walked over to the front door where she heard the loud raps. Before opening it she exhaled deeply and raised her hand to the nob. She slowly turned it then opened it quickly. "Chavdar?" she asked even though she could plainly see that it was him.

Rosaline took opened it more so he could come inside, and without a word she turned back towards the sitting room, assuming that he was going to follow and close the door as well. She sat down cautiously, leaving room for him on the couch then took her wand out, knowing that on her family tree Chavdar would be listed as well as the fact that she was pregnant would be as well. Perhaps it would be easiest to have him read it then actually say it allowed.

"Accio Family Tree," she murmured, still waiting for him to come to her side. Once the large rolled up parchment was in her hand she unrolled it carefully and placed it on the coffee table carefully. Rosaline tapped on her name twice then Chavdar's waiting for him to read about her being pregnant, because she was really at a loss for words.

[sorry lame ^^]

Chavdar stared at Rosaline, and nodded. He didn't have time to ask her whether everything was all right. She turned to go into another room. He walked in and shut the door. He followed her and took a sit on the couch next to her. What was the problem that brought Rosaline to a loss of words? He bit his lip slightly, and when she summoned the family tree, he had a hunch. Someone died... It had to be it.

Chavdar leaned forward, as Rosaline tapped her name, and wondered why on earth he was listed. He had to read the exact same thing several times for it to process. No was has died. Chavdar whispered, "Pregnant? How could this happen? Well I know how it can but..." He closed his eyes, and put his hands over face. He had no idea how to react. Be happy? Terrified? What? Chavdar folded his hands in his lap, and leaned back against the couch.

His eyes opened and he laughed extremely softly, "Well, this wasn't nearly the news I thought I would hear." Chavdar turned his stormy eyes to her. Chavdar sighed, and forced a weak smile, "So, what do we do now?" He was rather nervous about being a dad. Why didn't I check the blasted tree before I left? On another note, he thought, I guess that I should go buy those baby books or something. Teenagers he could handle, as well as older children, but babies?

Rosaline watched Chavdar as he read, not saying a word or moving at all closer to him, in fact she was inching away from him slowly and discretely. She frowned hearing his words, though it wasn't because of what he said it was because he spoke, he was actually here and they both knew now.

She raised her eye brows upon hearing him laugh. Different people, different reactions, I suppose, she assumed as she relaxed her face. "Well, this wasn't nearly the news I thought I would hear." Rosaline raised her eye brows once more. "Wha.. what were you expecting to hear?" she asked with her voice only slightly above that of a whisper.

When he looked at her, she didn't bother forcing a smile, she just kept her blue eyes cold and distant just as they had been when they had met. Though they showed that she was scared as well. "So, what do we do now?" Rosaline shook her head softly and said, "I don't know."

Vaschel's face crept in from the back of her mind and she groaned inaudibly. How could I have a child with someone that I didn't love? How could I love again? she asked herself as she interlaced her fingers with each other anxiously. "What do you..." she said, then trailed off, knowing that her question was obvious, she was asking Chavdar if he thought they should keep it or not.

Chavdar shook his head, his face becoming that of his usual, blank expression of seriousness. The Zhefarovich expression, although his eyes were much more gentle right now. He answered, truthfully, "To be quite honest, I thought someone died. But instead, it is the exact opposite..." A new life was forming. Chavdar had many mixed emotions, he just could not express them all right now.

His breathing wasn't exactly regular, as he wasn't completely calm with this information. It was still sinking in. Rosaline was pregnant, with his child. A wave of guilt overcame him. How could he do this to her? He could have at least been smart about the whole event. He wasn't saying to himself that he regretted the night, but the outcome was definitely not what he expected.

Chavdar stared at the family tree and sighed, "Rosaline, I cannot say that I am happy over this pregnancy, nor can I say that I am burdened. However, I think I would feel extremely distraught if we decided with an abortion." Deep down, Chavdar did infact wanted children, but this soon? Without marriage? Well, there was no turning back now. He whispered, "I suppose I should go out and buy as many baby books as possible."

The corner of Rosaline’s lip twitched up into an awkward smile at Chavdar’s words about not wanting an abortion. She really didn’t want to have one but she didn’t know what she wanted to do about the baby. "I suppose I should go out and buy as many baby books as possible." Rosaline shook her head; she didn’t want him to leave just yet.

“Don’t go,” she murmured, uneasily placing her hand on top of his. “Please,” she asked warmly. Rosaline thought it was nice that he wanted to get baby books but she didn't want to be alone now, not when Gaspard was going to come back in a few hours, she needed some rash discussion so she didn't snap.

sorry couldn't think of anythign

Chavdar glanced at Rosaline, and then his eyes settled on her hand upon his. He smiled gently, and stared back into Rosaline's eyes. No, he wasn't about to leave now. This had to be hard on a woman, and he would never understand fully of the burden of another life growing inside the body. It would definitely change things between them. Would they see each other more? Less? He didn't know. All he knew was that he wanted to be the dad that he never had.

He murmured, "Rosaline, I wasn't going to leave at that moment. I don't want you to be alone, not when you just discover this..." He could not say the words. Chavdar shrugged, "Maybe this is just fate or something." He had no idea what to say or do. Chavdar stared into her eyes, "Are you feeling okay?" He knew that with pregnancy, it often came with morning sickness, or something of the sort.

Rosaline let out a sigh of relief when she heard Chavdar say that he wasn't going to be leaving now, but felt a little humiliated that she had thought he was leaving at this moment. "Are you feeling okay?" She smiled through her eyes at him but her facial expression stayed dead panned.

Rosaline opened her mouth about to say: It's nothing I haven't been through before. But decided against it, as she didn't want to bring up anything with her past with Vaschel now. "I'm fine, thank you," she said politely. "How are you?" she asked, trying to change the subject as much as possible, but she really didn't think that it would work.

Chavdar could only shrug about how he was feeling. Truth was, he couldn't express it in words, or actions for that matter. He glanced at his hands and back at Rosaline. He murmured, "I'm just fine. Except for the fact that my Hadan was rather violent with Abbey." He shook his head. It had happened a long time ago, but still, he was rather shocked that it even happened. "Everything else is going fine in the wizarding world. I actually think that Kaleb is getting a bit too friendly with the girls." Chavdar laughed softly.

Rosaline frowned and said, "I'm not at all surprised." She made sure that it was clear in her tone that she wasn't insulting Hadan, she meant that what Abigail had said had been highly inappropriate. She smirked at Chavdar's words about Kaleb and said, "Hmm.. He's young, he wouldn't know what to say anyways." She shrugged her shoulders softly and looked down at her hand that was still on top of his, she frowned and put her hand back onto her lap. "Avrille seems to think highly of him," she said honestly.

Remembering that her daughter had told her that she had met someone that Gaspard referred to as Zhefarovich, that basically fit Chavdar's description. "I heard you saw her," she said warmly, for some reason the thought of Avrille meeting Chavdar put her at ease a little bit more with the pregnancy.

Chavdar shrugged, "Well, I didn't like the fact that Hadan resorted to violence." He shook his head. She really was part of the family, letting no one walk over her. Even if it was a bit...harsh. Chavdar chuckled, "Kaleb is making more girlfriends than boyfriends...or rather, you know what I mean." He rolled his eyes, and shook his head. Kaleb was a flirter, and there was no doubt about that at all. "Hm, a lot of people do, and yet, he acts exactly like Kalif." Kaleb was pulling off a pretty good act.

Chavdar nodded, "Yeah, and Gaspard. Avrille is a cute girl." He did not know much else to say about Avrille. He was paying more attention to Gaspard than Avrille. "You met Hadan with Asparuh, and I met Avrille with Gaspard. Imagine that." He smiled warmly at her.

Rosaline forced a small chuckle at what Chavdar said about Kaleb having more girlfriends then boy friends. "Kalif isn't bad, actually, he is probably one of my favorite of your siblings," she admitted with a shrug. Because of this she didn't see how Kaleb acting like Kalif was a problem, as long as he wasn't donig anything bad to her daughter, she could really couldn't care less. Hmm.. does that make me a bad person? she asked herself then smirked, Do I really, care if it does?

Rosaline couldn't help but chuckle when Chavdar called Avrille cute. She loved her daughter sure, but she really was not cute - in a good way anyhow. Perhaps when she was pretending to nice she was, but Rosaline could read through that easily. "I heard Gaspard was in a rather.. cheery... mood then," she smirked. The thought of him being cheery amused her highly.

Chavdar shook his head. Kalif and him did not really care for each other. Kalif was actually colder than what he was letting on. Must be the professor job. It had to be it. "I figured Prodan would be your favorite. He is much more like a person and isn't a Death Eater." Even if his daughter was a Parselmouth. Kaleb loved chaos, and well, Chavdar would have to straighten him out. Or even Jaken. Someone would have to.

Chavdar gave her an odd look, and stammered, "He was in a cheery mood? Gaspard wasn't as bad as I expected, but then again, look my own dad." He shrugged. Asparuh could most definitely be bad when he wanted to be. It wasn't at all that pleasant to see either.

Rosaline smiled lightly at Chavdar and said, "Well I only met Prodan when you were unconscious, it's safe to say that I wasn't much in the mood for small talk." She shrugged and sheepishly kissed his cheek. A large knot formed in her stomach at the touch of his skin on her lips, more guilt and anxiety waved over her.

Immediately she turned her head away from him and finally saw her house elf tip toe it's way into the room. She simply rolled her eyes at how nervous this all made the creature seem. "Well he didn't write my father so he must have been in a good mood," she explained, shrugging her shoulders as she gave the elf a small nod and took two cups of tea from the elf. "Thank you Afra," she said as she offered one to Chavdar.

Chavdar nodded, "Well, I wish I was actually awake to see how you two got along." Even though the whole fight was pretty much pointless, it did have its good sides. If there never was a fight, then Rosaline might have never met Prodan, and Asparuh might still be after their heads on platters, if he hasn't went back on the truce. It wasn't an Unbreakable Vow or anything... Just words.

Chavdar felt another wave of guilt wash over him when she gave him a kiss on the cheek. The same questions ran through his mind. How could he be so careless? And yet, half of him was excited, he was going to be a dad... Chavdar let out a silent sigh. He shook his head, "Meeting the father. That always brought chills to me." He took the tea from Rosaline, and took a tiny sip of it. Chavdar murmured, "When you want me to go to the bookstore, I will. But I don't want to leave you alone if you don't want to be."

Rosaline raised her eye brows lightly when Chavdar mentioned meeting her father, she sighed gently and said, "Well I will have to see Ludovic next month because he wants to see Avrille, he'll be in a decent mood I'll just tell him then." She shrugged once more, she didn't want Chavdar to be there when she told her father that she was pregnant because she thought it could only turn out badly for Chav and she really did not want that.

Rosaline broke into a warm smile at Chavdar's words. "Thank you Chav," she responded before taking a sip of tea. She felt bad that she was keeping him here but she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts when she just found out she was pregnant. "Hmm, I'm pleasantly surprised by your reaction to all of this you know," she said lightheartedly but her meaning was clearly: Thank you for being so understanding about this all.

Chavdar joked lightly, "Well, I will make sure I am in Russia or somewhere when that day comes." He gave her a small smile, and put his hand on her shoulder. However, he got her message, and glanced at his lap. He removed his hand from her shoulder, and placing it where his eyes were. He confessed, "Actually, I have no idea whether I understand it all or how to react." His stormy eyes went to her blue eyes, and smiled faintly, "I am trying the best I can. And the best is all that I have to offer, and I'm afraid it just isn't enough." Chavdar felt his heart become heavy from the stress in today. However, as the months pass, perhaps things will get better for the both of them.

Rosaline chucked slightly, though her heart wasn't into it. She didn't feel it was funny to loose someone you cared this much for, she looked up at Chavdar when he placed his hand on her shoulder, once more guilt over came her. God! Every time we have even a little physical contact will I feel badly?! she thought with a frustrated sigh.

Rosaline looked at him and listened to his words intently. She slid a strand of loose hair behind her ear and pressed her brows together, a small crease forming in between them as she did this. "Chavdar," she said faintly. "I understand," she concluded, hoping that her tone of voice showed that she was thankful that he was trying at all.

If she didn't know Chavdar so well she would have expected him to skip out on this. But she did and she knew that he would do what ever he thought was best. "We both just found out, no need to start beating yourself up," she said gently, putting her warm hand on his cheek softly. She was clearly fighting the guilt and frustration as she did this, until it won over and she placed her hand back onto the steaming cup of tea.

Chavdar smiled faintly, and knew that every touch that they would have right now would make him feel horrid. He nodded, "I would hope so." Chavdar wasn't about to abandon this woman when he was his fault that she was pregnant to begin with. Chavdar felt her hand upon his cheek, and he looked down. He murmured, "I know...it's just..." Chavdar faded off. He let out a sigh of irritation. He glanced up at her, and shrugged. He couldn't tell her that he had vowed when he was a teenager that he was wanting to be in a marriage before even considering children. Seeing how this isn't the case, it still bit him inside, for making her pregnant went against his morals. However, there was no way he was going to willingly say that to her.

Rosaline bit her lip as she listened to Chavdar, they both felt awful about all of this, but she didn't want to, she didn't want to regret having their child. That really was no way for a child to be grow up. "Chavdar," she began, curious as to where she was going with this. "I don't regret this, even though I feel a bit guilty, I don't regret it, but if you do please let me know," she said, trying her hardest to be completely honest with him, hoping he would be truthful with her as well.

lame ^^

Chavdar stared into Rosaline's eyes. He smiled, and said, meaning every word, "I don't regret it either. I would be lying if I said that I did." Chavdar patted her hand only for a moment, before returning it to his lap. He felt himself become completely calm. Chavdar wanted to be there for the baby, no matter the circumstance. Even if Rosaline and him were to... Chavdar couldn't think of that. "And I will be here, every step of the way. That is a promise."

"I don't regret it either. I would be lying if I said that I did."

Rosaline grinned at Chavdar, the guilt slowly subsided as she looked into his wonderful stormy eyes, she couldn't help but wonder if their child would have his eyes. She bit down on her bottom lip as she came back to reality, wondering how both Hadan and Avrille would respond to this. Avrille would probably be an easier guess, but she didn't know Hadan at all.

Before Rosaline could open her mouth she heard footsteps run up the stairs quickly. She bit down on her bottom lip once more and cringed. Avrille had been sitting on the staircase the whole time listening to their conversation. "Oh boy," she muttered under her breath as she turned to face the stairs that led up to her daughter's bed room.

Chavdar felt a wave of surprise when his ears filled with the sounds of footsteps running up the stairs. He bit his lip, and his eyes went to where Rosaline's gaze was. He shook his head, "Well, I think Avrille knows." That only reminded him of Hadan, and how he would have to inform her that she would be receiving a new brother or sister. He only guessed that Hadan would react badly to this. Chavdar turned back to Rosaline, and inquired, "How are you, or we, going to calm Avrille down?" Chavdar would have to write to Hadan soon, and only hoped that she wouldn't go ballistic.

Rosaline smiled weakly at Chavdar and bit down on her lip and said, "Well if you'd like to come with me... I wouldn't oppose, though she might." She frowned slightly, and sighed, before taking a sip of tea and standing up. Once standing she placed the tea down on the coffee table, just hoping that Avrille wouldn't be upset. But she could sort of understand if she would be, she didn't even know who this man was except for the fact that he was her friend's uncle, and now she knew that she would be having a sibling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back