Quarter Past Midnight

Rue Undersee

OOC First Name
Claire
Wand
Holly 9" Essence of Veela Hair
Shadows began to fall over the small town in England, and one by one the street lamps began to flicker on, sensing that night was approaching. They dimly lit the quiet street with their warm amber glow, attracting moths and other insects as they were enticed by their light. One by one, Rue watched the lights of the houses across the street turn off, as their residents shambled off to bed after another busy day, their eyes tired and heavy. Rue, however, could not have been more awake. Her bedside lamp was lit, and she gazed out of her window to the sky above. It was just past midnight before everyone in the neighbourhood was asleep. Now she just had to hope that Miles had received her owl. Her tiny body shuddered to think that it might have got lost, or perhaps he simply didn't care any more. Don't be silly, Rue reassured herself, her eyes scanning the night sky above.

The minutes ticked by agonizingly slowly, and Rue twisted her engagement ring around her finger anxiously. She couldn't possibly marry someone she didn't love. Her Mother was insensitive and unkind. It was certainly true that Theo possessed a large, wealthy family, however Rue knew that money could never buy happiness. After everything she had been through, all she wanted was to feel loved. Not to be surrounded by fancy gadgets that she didn't even know how to use. She closed her eyes, breathing against the window, causing it to mist up. "Please.." Rue whispered, her eyes brimming with tears. They did not fall, though. Rue had long given up hoping that her life would work out the way she had planned. When so many things had gone wrong, crying over things no longer seemed important. It was just a waste of effort. At that moment, a noise outside brought Rue to her senses. Her eyes darted open in an instant.

It was like he was on a mission to save the fairest princess from the tallest tower. And he, Miles Isley Madden, was a cheesy muggel super hero and he had to slay the dragon once and for all. The dragon being her mum, or the male she'd be force to married. "Under my dead body will I allow that to happen" someone really out to refresh Miles on muggel phrases. He didn't have time to be all cool and collective, only in movies would you see all that made up stuff sound cool. This was serious matter, it was about Rue and he could not will not let her married someone else if it ain't Miles.

So he set off to the night, using apparition to travel there. It's sucks when you were home schooled, he could never get the hang of doing it all in one go. After three different location, he landed with a thud just inside her bedroom walls. The boy stands up brushing away the dust he may have collected. He smiles seeing her, but it slips away slowly. She was close too tears, crap he was late. "Rue, hey its me. I'm here..." he holds in a breath, staying still. As if to say I'm here love, come with me?

Rue had been so intent on looking for Miles outside that she had completely forgotten that Wizards could apparate. For this reason, she practically jumped out of her skin when a loud bang sounded behind her. In a split second, all of the worst thoughts flashed through her mind. Perhaps it was Theo, or even her Mother. She couldn't imagine what would happen if Miles had turned up whilst Theo was in her bedroom. Rue quickly turned to face whoever it was who had apparated in.
The moment Rue saw Miles' face, her heart melted. His mere appearance had removed every ounce of anxiety she had been feeling, and she was left with a sense that everything was going to be OK. Her chest fluttered a little as he spoke. He had a magical way of making the whole world disappear, so that the only thing that seemed to exist was them. And it was perfect. Without a word, Rue leapt up and snaked her arms around his neck. She had to cling on with her legs, since they didn't reach the floor, but the moment still felt perfect. She listened to his heartbeat again her cheek for a moment, breathing in his smell and wishing more than anything that it would last forever.
"Miles, I missed-" Rue began to whisper, but was interrupted by a sound coming from outside her bedroom door. Of course. Her Mother would have heard the bang of Miles apparating into her room and had come to see what she was up to. Her bedroom door was locked, but there was no way that would hold her off for long, especially if she had heard Miles' voice. Rue gasped, her heart thumping wildly beneath her chest. "I've missed you so much, but we need to get out of here.." she paused for a moment, considering their options. "I've never apparated before," she added, concern filling her voice. She had missed a lot of classes due to her cancer and had never had the chance to learn. She knew that side-apparition existed, but had no idea whether or not Miles could pull it off. At any rate, it seemed to be their only option.

He smiles, his famous sheepish smile. Making eye connection the moment she saw him, it was all up hill from there. Miles swaddle his arms around the smaller female, she fit perfectly well in his embrace. It was like hugging a plush yet stern soft bear. He always wanted to be able to hug her like this sadly their circumstances wouldn't allow it before. Forget the past you idiot, you're here with her now make it better. He looks back, outside flooring creaked near her bedroom.

"I missed you too, and I agree we have to get you out." he whispers furiously. Her suggestion to apparate was like the worst idea ever, she could be split in half because he was terrible at it. But what choice did they have really? Remind myself, I'm not batman. He bit down his lower region, okay they had to go fast before she stopped them. "Ok-okay I'm gonna try teh' get us out, awight?" duh why else was he here? He took her by the hand, coiling fingers not getting anything right now. "If something happens, like we split up, meet me in Diagon Alley, please its the only way I'll find you a lot faster" he instructed her clearly enough, with that said he used magic and popped out of there before the beastly dragon stopped his little rescue mission.

Rue inhaled deeply in an attempt to calm herself down. She knew apparition was dangerous, but between risking splinching or having to marry Theo, the latter seemed far more daunting. She gripped his hand tightly when he took hers, and nodded nervously. "I'm ready," she choked, but she was kidding herself more than Miles. With no idea what to expect, Rue was extremely shocked to find herself feeling as though she was being tightly squeezed through a pipe. Her head pounded and her eyes felt as though they were about to pop out of her skull, but the ordeal was soon over. Feeling a little dazed, Rue glanced down at her body. Well, at least she'd made it in one piece.

(Sorry it's short, but I didn't know where they were going!)

And just like that it was over. Poof, donzo, finite as they would say in Latin. He open his eyes, the trembling girl's hand in his hold. Miles let out a long drawing sigh. "Merlin! I can't believe-I can't believe I did it!" He was so proud with himself, he did a little victory dance and fist pump to nonexisting music. He was proud. "Sorry--" he turn to fave Rue, "You don't understand, my crappy homeschooling education put a high dent to some of my grades, I had to retake some test" he rambled on, its a long story.

Enough of that. He looked around, his soft hues became focus now that they were on sturdy ground. Basketball hoops, court, old metal benches it came to mind they were in the basketball court. The very one he saw Rue again, a smile so wide took to his face. It hurts. "Were near Sinclair's flat." Right place to get away. He slide his fingers with Rue, "This is-great we'll stay there until I find us somewhere to go, somewhere maybe America but for now his will do"

Rue grinned sheepishly. She loved watching him smile, though when she caught herself thinking this she looked away and blushed. Was it OK to think like that now? Miles would have made new friends since he and Rue had been together. It was a thought she didn't like to linger on. Instead, she went back to watching him do a victory dance. Rue's heart was still thumping from apparating. It had been a strange experience that she didn't want to repeat any time soon. "You did amazingly. I still have all my limbs!" She teased. "I don't think I want to apparate again though, ever," She added, smiling a little as she glanced around her.
It didn't take long for Rue to realise where they were. The same basketball court that they had been reunited on several years ago. It was the perfect place to apparate, and Rue once again found herself thinking things she knew could never happen. At any rate, when his fingers slid into hers, she gripped them a little harder than necessary. She didn't ever want to let him go. "Sinclair?" Rue asked, wondering if she'd simply forgotten who that was. The name didn't ring any bells. "Oh Merlin, I'd love to go to America. Mother would never find me.. but.." She trailed off uneasily, unable to finish her sentence. She wanted to ask if Miles meant he wanted to go to America with her, but she didn't have the guts to ask. Neither did she have the guts to tell him she loved him. What if he didn't say it back?

Miles nodded, he had to calm down. He was acting so hyper, and its a part of him he couldn't help. Reason why his sister granted permission for Miles to leave home soon. She couldn't take his ways, he often drove her up the walls with his random bantering. "You won't, I'll make sure floo network location are nearby for the next time." He reassured her, she looked so worked up from traveling. A slight concern look reached his eyes, she was such a fragile thing. Miles needed to be a lot more careful around her. If not something terrible would happen, so quit being a screw up!

He guided her away from the court, "Yeah he's a friend. I thought you met him the first time we were here?" He guessed not. Then he remembered Sinclair had not been at the court that day. The boy was busy tryna get with some random bint, a young witch who lived next door. He was such a spazz, a chaser unlike Miles he didn't have good luck with the girls but Miles only blame his friend's attitude. He can be a royal douche. "He doesn't live far from here or let's hope he still lives here." Rue's grip on his hand was tight, he gave her small digits a squeeze, put some easiness to calm her beating little heart. "Hey it's gonna be alright, I'm lookin' after you, nothin' gonna happen. Alright?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back