Ryan Fisk

Odd Duck | Silver Snake Assitant |

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Ryan felt antsy, glancing at the hall entrance every time he saw someone tall enough to potentially be Augustus approaching. He'd enjoyed the holidays working at Flourish and Blott's, not just because he got access to unlimited books to read, but also because it meant he and Augustus got to spend time together just hanging out like they used to. Before Addison had come along. Ryan knew Addison and Augustus had been friends for years, but things had gotten insufferable since they started dating. Now he was always hanging out with her, and when he wasn't, he was talking or thinking about her. It was annoying and Ryan intended to set Augustus straight.

Finally, Augustus appeared and Ryan grabbed him, dragging him to sit down at the Ravenclaw table before he even had a chance to escape over to the Hufflepuff table, Ryan's hands firm on his shoulders as he pushed him down to sit before pulling up the bench next to him. "You're spending way to much time with Addison," he told him quickly.

Augustus had been daydreaming about meeting up with Addison later as he made his way to the Ravenclaw table. The past few weeks had been wonderful, and he really enjoyed having her as his girlfriend. He was smiling slightly to himself as walked into the Great Hall, jolted out of his daydream when a hand grabbed him and dragged him over to the Ravenclaw table. Augustus frowned down at Ryan in confusion as he forced him to sit on the bench. "Wha-" He started, but before he could even finish the first word of his sentence, Ryan had spoken to him. Augustus blinked in confusion, before shaking his head. "No, she doesn't mind. She told me." He said, fairly certain he hadn't made a social faux-pas for once.

Ryan let out an annoyed huff at Augustus' response, of course even now he was thinking about Addison first. "I'm not worried about her," he said, tapping his fingers impatiently on the tabletop. "You never want to hang out anymore, you're always spending time with her," he said, glancing down to frown at his plate for a moment. Ryan had gotten so used to having Augustus around all the time, it was strange to find him missing most days than not, only ever seeing him at night in their dorm. Ryan hated it. And he was starting to hate Addison too. "And when you are around, you're always thinking or talking about her too. It's annoying," he said, glancing back at Augustus sourly. "What's even so special about her anyway."

Augustus frowned when Ryan said he wasn't worried about Addison. He had assumed Ryan was trying to point out a mistake he was making, but he quickly remembered Ryan hardly cared about social norms. He blinked as Ryan went on, saying he never wanted to hang out anymore. He bit his lip, feeling guilty. "Oh." He said softly. "I'm sorry, I didn't... realize." He had assumed Ryan was fine hanging out with their other roommates. Maybe he had been a bad friend, he had been so busy trying to be a good boyfriend that it had taken up most of his time. But Ryan wasn't done, Augustus felt like he was shrinking as he kept on talking. "I- I'll try to talk about her less." He mumbled softly, ducking his head. "Sorry." He glanced up. "Do you want me to... answer that?" He asked hesitantly. "Since you just said I talked about her too much..."

Augustus looked like he was deflating but Ryan was too agitated to let it temper his annoyance by much. At least he had apologized, which mollified him enough, nodding when Augustus promised to talk about Addison less. "Good. I liked it when it was just us, like at Flourish and Blott's," He said, dropping his chin into his hand. "I just don't get it," he said hotly, ignoring Augustus' question. "She doesn't seem that interesting. Finn's the same, he just likes making out with people but it seems pointless to me," he said, clicking his tongue in annoyance. He knew everyone their age was all about dating, Ryan understood it, but he didn't see the appeal. He'd rather spend time with himself, or when he needed the help, with Augustus. It was tempting to try and get a boyfriend or girlfriend just to see what the fuss was about but Ryan had to wrinkle his nose at getting stuck spending time with someone who wasn't interesting. There were better things to do with your time if you were bored.

Augustus nodded hesitantly as Ryan said he liked it when it was just them. He had enjoyed that too, but it couldn't always be that way. He shook his head slightly when Ryan said he was like Finn, frowning a bit. "I don't think that's the same." He said with a slight shrug. "I don't have any interest in kissing many different people like Finn." He said, frowning a bit. "I don't get him either." He admitted. He hesitated and glanced at Ryan. "Are you mad at me?"

"Seems the same to me," Ryan muttered into his palm, giving Augustus an unimpressed look. "If anything that's more boring. How many times can you kiss her and not be bored then?" He said exasperated, dropping his hand to readjust his glasses. "No, I'm not mad-" Ryan started, dismissing the thought with a wave of his hand before pausing. "Yeah, I guess so," he admitted begrudgingly. "Can't she just... Go away for awhile?" He asked hopefully. It seemed pretty obvious that things were better when Addison wasn't in the picture and maybe if she and Augustus took a break Ryan could prove it.

Augustus sighed softly when Ryan insisted it was the same, he didn't understand. He was pondering how to explain the difference, ignoring his question. He wondered if Ryan would ever find someone he liked, though he somehow found it hard to imagine. He sighed again when Ryan said he was mad. "Sorry." He said quietly. But then at his next question, Augustus frowned. "Go... where?" He asked, confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back