Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Open after Jess

Jasper had been meaning to talk to Lily's sister ever since the incident in the forest, but he'd also wanted to avoid her because the punch in the face had really hurt. So maybe he hadn't tried too hard to get her alone. But he figured asking her something in the great hall couldn't hurt. Surely, she wouldn't do anything in front of teachers. He tapped her on the shoulder before sitting next to her at the table. "Can we talk?"

Rose had been struggling to get her anger in check. Mainly because she didn't like fighting with Lily. Not like she had any reason aside from that. She sighed, pushing her food around her plate. She glared at the boy Lily spent time with as he sat next to her. "Why?" She snapped, but sighed and set her fork down. "I won't apologize for punching you. But I'm not planning to do it again." She allowed. "I don't like when Lily cries."

Jasper snorted at her response. "Yeah, I wasn't expecting an apology from a ray of sunshine like you." He said, picking up a fork just in case he had to defend himself. "But the way you acted in the forest was rude, and also disrespectful to Lily." He told her with a frown. "I know why you do it, but you can't treat her like a baby. It's not fair to her."

Rose turned to Jasper and narrowed her eyes. "Someone has to watch out for her. You certainly don't. One of the kids in my year was stupid enough to go in, and got shot at by a centaur." She didn't strictly know if that was true, but it was enough to make her mad. "Lily would do anything you asked her to, no matter how stupid or dangerous." She glared at him. "If you bothered to care about her instead of your next idiotic adventure," She ranted, "You wouldn't be dragging her into dangerous situations just because you felt like going." She challenged.

Jasper rolled his eyes. "See? That's where you're wrong. Lily wouldn't do everything I asked. If it was anything dumb, she'd call me dumb for it but in the nicest way possible so you don't even notice it." He countered. "She's smart, she wanted to go into the forest, so she went with me." He told Rose, looking her straight in the eye. "You underestimate her."

Rose raised a brow. "Really? That's why the shy, quiet bookworm knowingly broke school rules to go into a dark, strictly restricted forest where students have been known to be attacked, on the risk of getting in trouble with an adult," Rose shook her head. "You know nothing of her loyalty. You've known her what, a few years? I was raised with her. I was the one who used to have to cut the gum from her hair so our parents didn't find out. I'm the one who helped her fetch her things from the river when her classmates threw them in."

Rose stabbed some food on her plate before running her hands through her hair. "Lily is unerringly loyal and unbelievably sweet. She'll believe the best in anyone, no matter what they do to her. She doesn't blame Mihail for breaking it off with her, she doesn't blame any of the kids that used to pick on her, she never finds serious fault with anyone. She was probably defending me to you just like she defended you to me." Rose sighed.

Jasper shrugged when Rose mentioned he hadn't known Lily as long. "True, but you've barely seen her the past two years. She doesn't seem like the girl you describe to me." He told her truthfully. "She's smart and resourceful, and I would never try to get her to do anything she doesn't want to do." He knew Rose had no reason to believe him, but it was true. "She didn't defend you so much as just explain why you did it, but she agreed you reacted too strongly." He told her with a slight grin. "Lily is fine, she has other people to rely on now too."

Rose didn't want to give him any credit. She didn't. She couldn't think of Lily not needing her. Of Lily growing without her. She slammed her hands on the table, not wanting to listen to what Jasper was saying anymore. "And what about me?" She ranted. "All I've ever done is look after her, protect her! What else am I supposed to do?" She let out an aggravated sigh and stood, slinging her bag over her shoulder. "I'm not talking to you about this," She spat and tried to storm off, anger broiling through her.

Jasper jumped as Rose slammed her hands down on the table, and automatically started to cover his face before he realized she wasn't about to punch him again. He stared in shock as she ranted, then stood up and started to walk away. He hurriedly got to his feet and followed her, grabbing the strap of her bag before she could get away too far. "Hey, wait up!" He said quickly. "Listen, I didn't say she doesn't need you anymore, but there's other people looking out for her too. That's a good thing, right?"

Rose growled as Jasper stopped her. She spun, jabbing her finger into his chest. "Yeah? And who says I can trust you? I could barely trust the Hufflepuff, but he's harmless. You took her into somewhere dangerous on purpose. She lost points. How can I expect you to take care of her if this is the dumb bull you pull?" She demanded.

Jasper jumped back a bit as the girl jabbed his chest. He scowled at her. "Well, I was keeping her safe. We were just having fun." He argued. "You can't expect Lily to stay inside all day and do nothing even remotely dangerous. You're a Gryffindor, right? I bet you like adventure too!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back