Practicing

Kaela McIlvoy

Kaela walked excitedly down to the pitch with her new Firebolt. She had just bought it and couldn't wait to try it. She was also hoping that Pungahn would come down and join her.

She got to the pitch and looked around. It was still early, so no one was here yet. The sun was shining and warm and altogether it was just perfect. She mounted her broom and took off, quite surprised by the speed it had. She had to slow down and steady herself before she began flying around the pitch.

Pungahn grabbed her broom the second she got out of the shop and headed down to the pitch. When she got there she saw her friend Kaela on her new firebolt zooming around the pitch. Pungahn mounted her broom and flew over to meet her.

"Hey Pungahn!" Kaela called from her broom. She stopped to hover by her. "This Firebolt is awesome! It's so fast! I can't believe it. Thanks for selling it to me"

"of course." Pungahn replied. She hovered for a moment before saying "catch me if you can!" and flew off towards the other end of the pitch

((Sorry I was gone for so long.))

Kaela was surprised by Pungahn's sudden dash, but zoomed off after her once she realized what was going on. She was getting closer to Pungahn as she gained speed. The rush of the wind past her face and through her hair felt amazing.

Pungahn made a long, sweeping, u turn. she watched out of the corner of her eye to see how Kaela was doing with her new broom.

Kaela saw Pungahn as she began her turn and reacted immediately. She did a twist upward and then barrel rolled to get herself right side up again. She was handling the broom surprisingly well for having just got it.

Pungahn saw more movement tan she expected and decided to give her more of a challenge. she pulled straight up and did half a twist in the air. She leveled off so that she was flying back the way she had come and glanced to see if Kaela had followed suit.

Kaela saw Pungahn's elaborate twist and did the same thing she had down previously, a twist upward and barrel roll to straighten out. I'm getting really good, she thought, surprised at the ease with which she was handling her broom.

Pungahn dove for the ground and pulled up at the last second. She kicked the back end of her broom around quickly so that she was flying to the right of where she had been.

Kaela saw Pungahn dive and decided not to dive after her. Instead she turned to the left and did a dive that way, giving up on trying to catch Pungahn and jut enjoying the rush diving gave her. She pulled up about 2 feet from the ground and did her up twist barrel roll so that she was flying low in the opposite, direction, where Pungahn was heading.

Pungahn slowed to a hover and waited the few seconds it took for Kaela to come over. "did you try out for Quidditch?" she asked.

Rose walked towards the Quidditch pitch with her new Firebolt in her hand. She saw two unidentifiable figures zooming around and heard the faint whisper of laughter in the air.

When she got there she noticed Pungahn and Kaela right away. Guess I'm flying with Pungahn sooner than I thought.

Rose smiled up at them. "Er, hi," she said. "Do you mind if I join you? I just got my new broom," she said gesturing unneccessarilly(sp?) towards the Firebolt. "I just got it, from you Pungahn," she added. "A-And I just wanted to break it in, you know?" Great Rose, you're making a fool of yourself blabbering away like this.

"of course you can join us!" Pungahn said excitedly.

Kaela had flown over to Pungahn and was hovering with her when the girl came up. Having never seen her before, Kaela shrugged when she asked to join. She then turned back to Pungahn. "I'm a little behind, I still need to go in for my tryout. I've just been so busy lately I haven't gotten the chance. What all did you try out for?"

"seeker first and chaser if that falls through. i doubt that i will get seeker though, there is a lot of competition for that spot and chaser needs the most players anyway."

"shall we practice then?" Pungahn suggested. she flew down to the shed and grabbed an old, worn out quaffle and flew back up to her friends. "i think it will be okay if we borrow this. lets practice flying with it and passing it. maybe if get another person we can have a practice game."

Pungahn held it out in her hand for her to see. "i haven't either, but if we're going to possibly be chasers why not start now?" with that she flew towards the other end of the pitch with the quaffle under her arm. it wasn't too hard to balance with it, but it was harder to steer with only one hand. she practiced various directions before passing it to Kaela.

Kaela looked at the quaffle and studied the shape of it, trying to guess the weight. She then took of with Pungahn as she headed to the other end of the pitch. She stopped and hovered when she saw Pungahn passing the quaffle to her, and caught it in her arms. After putting it under her left arm she tried to fly with it. It was hard to steer with the quaffle, but she had to learn. She zig zagged around around a bit, and then passed the quaffle back to Pungahn.

Pungahn caught it and flew near a hoop. she balanced it in the palm of her hand and shot it towards the hoop. it bounced off the side and finally through.

"Thanks!" said Rose. She mounted her broom and kicked off softly to hover around with Pungahn and Kaela. "Well, I don't know if you addressed the question to the both of us," said Rose shyly, "but I tried out for Chaser. What did you try out for?" Rose asked.

"Just chaser for me, but I'm not sure if I want to play. Quidditch is fun and all, but I'm not really competitive. I remember you at tryouts Rose, you did really well." Kaela smiled at Rose, hovering by her in the air.

Pungahn caught the ball from the far side of the hoop and flew back over to where her friends were. "hey rose, why don't you get some chaser practice in then." She through the Quaffle towards Rose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back