Practicing

Courtney began to laugh. Flying out of the center of the circle Elizabeth was making, she joined her in circling the air. She chanted with ELizabeth, "we did it! We did it!"

Liz laughed. "Yay! We could try that again! Want to? Let's go for a flawless switch!" Liz grinned, still circling with Courtney.

"Alrighty!" Liz called, "Let's fly together for a sec!" she pulled alongside Courtney, and flew in a straight line. As soon as she and Courtney were attuned at a constant speed, she called "1, 2, 3!!!!" she leaped from her broom.

Courtney was less nervous about switching brooms this time. When she heard liz call three she hopped off of her broom and landed safely on Elizabeth's. "Nice!" She looked over to see if Liz landed gracefully on her own broom. "You alright?" She called

Liz flew through the air, landing on Courtney's broom. "Yes!" she grinned. She turned to look at Courtney- she'd fared just as well! "Great!! We've got the hang of this! Only a couple more tries, then we can do it with our eyes closed!" Liz winked.

Courtney smiled at Liz, she knew she was joking about the eyes closed bit, but she winced nonetheless. "I wonder what else we can try? Do you think we can manage flying upside down?"

Liz bit her lip in thought for a moment. "I don't know... I haven't tried that much longer than a few seconds at a time." her eyes lit up. "But we could try it!"

Courtney smiled. "It's okay, I've only tried it once." She clenched her fists around her brrom and put all of her weight on the left side, causing the broom to tip. Being upside down was a little disorientating, but it was fun.

"Liz! Flip around. We could totally fly this way!"

Liz bit her lip, and slowly flew to the side until she was upside down. She flew for a moment, looking a inty bit scared, before she smiled. "Actually, this is fun! We should learn to do this for quidditch matches! It would distract the other team!"

Courtney laughed, as she began to fly towards Elizabeth. "Oh my gosh, we should also eat some candy before a math! I'm sure that would be slightly distracting as well."

Liz grinned. "A bunch of bikini-clad quidditch players? I think we'd have to make our team immune to seeing the effects or something - depending on the team members. Or get them used to it. But yes! That would be amazing!"

"That would be great!" Courtney winked, not sure if Elizabeth could see the upside down wink. She began to fly closer to Liz until she was close enough to grab her broom. She reached out and tapped her while saying, "Tag!"

Liz shrieked. It was surprizing to see someone zooming towards you when you're both upside down! "Ahhh!" she screamed, as Courtney tagged her. "I'll get you for that!" she chased Courtney, upside down.

Courtney continued to fly around upside down, avoiding Liz's tag. Not paying attention to where she was going, she smacked into a quidditch hoop. Falling about 6 feet before gaining control of her broom, she yelped. Once she realized she had made a fool of herself she began to laugh.

Liz raced over to Courtney. "Are you okay?!" she asked, a bit panicky. As soon as she saw Courtney laughing, she grinned. "Oh, well, good! TAG!" she touched Courtney on the arm, before zooming off, keeping a careful eye on where she was going.

Courtney, decided to try a new stunt, managed to stand on her broom. Zagging threw the air after Liz, she yelled "Look at meeee!" Hoping Liz would slow down, so Courtney could speed up and tag her.

When Courtney noticed Liz was slowing down, she sped up. When she was close enough to tag she, she jumped back down to a sitting position on her broom. She then tapped Liz on the ankle and zoomed away.

"You'll never catch me now!"

Liz squealed as she toppled over- luckily, she'd caught onto the end of her broom and was able to pull herself up. "I'm going to get you for that one!" she yelled, laughing.

She dove after Courtney, hoping to catch her in a slow turn.

Courtney looked behind her, she hadn't meant to knock Liz off of her broom. "I hope you're alright! But I'm not falling for your tricks and slowing down! No way!" She continued to speed around the pitch.

Liz laughed, "Dang!" she called, "I was just about to leap off my broom and see if you'd catch me!" she sped zoomed closer to Courtney, but still couldn't reach her. She pulled herself entirely horizontal on the broom, wrapping her legs around it. She gained a bit of speed, and was getting closer...

Courtney looked behind her and saw Liz catching up. "Uh oh!" She had as she dropped about 10 feet. She turned around and began flying in the opposite direction. She then looked over her shoulder, to see where Liz was.

Liz grinned, and turned to see Courtney change direction. She was expecting something like this - it would slow Courtney down long enough for Liz to out her plan into action. She sent her broom flying behind, and a little bit to the left of Courtney's. One she was only about 5 feet away, she jumped onto Courtney's broom with her, landing ontop of Courtney. She yelled, "You're it!" and then jumped off of it into the sky, catching her own broom with one arm, and swinging herself onto it.

She brought her broom to a veritcal angle, aiming for the sky.

Courtney shook her head at the stunt Liz had just pulled. She gave her a few seconds to soar into the sky before joining.

"In the mood for a steep climb I see?" Courtney yelled out to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back