Practicing

Courtney grimaced, she would not want to be stuck in a room with a bunch of lions, that was for sure. She pulled out her bloodwood wand, and gave it a little wave for fun. "Okay, are you ready? We'll do finite together."

When Hilary said three, Courtney flourished her wand as well, and yelled "Finite!" Before her eyes, all of their snakes disappeared. "Well, it's sad to see them go, but was really fun while it lasted."

"Yes Courtney, it really was and now we are both perfectly talented at making wierd snakes." Hilary stuck her tongue out.

"Anything else you want to practice? I mean, we could use the dummies or something. It could be equally as fun as weird snakes!" The more they practiced, the better grades they would get in Defence Against the Dark Arts, or so she figured.

"Hmmm, what about hide and seek.... MAGIC STYLE!" Hilary smiled as she looked around the huge room filled with random equipment and hidding spots. "What's that homenum revelio spell?"

"Homenum Revelio, so I think you've got the spell down, eh!" Courtney mused. "So let's play! I call hiding first!" She shouted and waited for Hilary to close her eyes before searching for a suitable hiding spot. After a while of searching, she finally decided to choose to hide behind a weird shaped dummy, making effort to contort her body position to that of the dummy.

"Okay Courtney" Hilary said as she closed her eyes not really bothering to count. When it seemed like long enough she took out her wand and opened her eyes. "Ready or not, here I come.... Homenum Revelio!" she said she looked around the room and finally saw the outline of Courtney barely visible because she had contorted herself so well. "You're it!" she said as she ran over to Courtney and tagged her shoulder.

When Courtney's shoulder was tapped, she slumped out of position. "Darn! I had a lot going for me in that hiding spot, Miss Grace!" She chuckled and walked to the center of the room. "Okay, I'm counting to ten, hurry up and find a hiding place. 1...2....3..."

Hilary ran to the other side of the room and managed to swing up using a light fixture into a window. She wasn't really out of site but more out of usual watching distance.

Once Courtney finished counting to ten, she opened her eyes. Hilary was nowhere in sight when she looked around, so she pulled out her wand. "Homenum Revelio!" Even when the spell was cast, Hilary was nowhere to be seen. Courtney began to pace the dungeon, wondering if Hilary had ditched her there.

Hilary was sitting at the very top of the wall in a rather small window like thing, maybe it was a magic window as they were underground, or perhaps it was on ground level. She just sat there quietly and then saw that Courtney had some dirt on her shoes so she pointed her wand and very quietly said "Scourgify". It was sort of playing with her bait.

Courtney thought she saw something move that was on her shoes. What the....? She turned around and looked towards the ceiling, only to see Hilary lurking about. "I suppose I have found the culprit, eh."

"I suppose unless it was a squirrel" Hilary realized she could not go down the way she came up so she took out her wand "Accio Backpack" she said pointing it a her bag on the floor, when it came to her she grabbed it and pulled her broom out. she then closed the bag and threw it onto the big mat below her.

With great difficulty Hilary managed to get on her broom and then fly down to Courtney gracefully. "So now what?"

Courtney watched Hilary maneuver herself down to the floor on her broom. I had no idea she kept her broom in her backpack. Wonder how she gets it to fit. Courtney put her arm on Hilary's shoulder and sighed. "I think we'd better get ourselves out of the dungeon for now."

"Yes, maybe we should" Hilary said as she unzipped her backpack to slide her broom into it easily. "Oh and thank goodness I brought my back pack of space with me, I'd have been stuck up in that window without it."

Courtney headed for the exit of the dungeon, and turned around to face Hilary. "Oh, so that's what a bag of space looks like. I don't have one. You know you could have Accio'd your broom, eh?"

"Yes, this is a backpack of space, and as I left by back pack done up it would have recked my bag to summon my broom." Hilary smiled at her friend "So did you make any interesting purchases over your years? I'm finally emptying my trunk and I've found so many interesting things...I needed to buy another trunk"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back