Practicing

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
Hilary walked into the dueling chamber. SHe wanted to try out some spells, and this seemed like once again a pretty good place to do so. She took out a dummy and setting it up she stood a slight distance away, okay "Levicorpus" the dummy raised slightly off the ground and fell. It took her a couple more tries to get it just right.

Courtney realized that she hadn't practiced dueling at all, other than the instances in the Student's Defence Association. She would definitely be needing practice if she was going to have a chance at winning against Sophia. When Courtney made her way down to the dueling chamber, she noticed another student was already practicing spells.

Once she realized it was Hilary, she giggled a bit to herself. It would be a fine time for a prank. "Expelliarmus!" Courtney called, hoping to give her friend a fright.

Hilary was in her own little world as she thought of the next spell and then it was too late. She felt her self be disarmed, "Oh Hello Courtney, do you mind if I have my wand back?" Hilary said with a slight smirk.

Courtney sniggered at the success of her disarming spell. "Sure, go ahead and pick it up off the ground if you want it back!"

She wandered closer to where Hilary was standing, "So, what are we doing?"

Hilary reached down and grabbed her wand with a giggle. "Well, it looks like I am being attacked by people in higher grades than I am" she gave a fake pout and then gave her friend a big hug.

Courtney rolled her eyes at Hilary's use of the word attack, and then hugged her back. After letting go, she looked at the dummys. "So, are we practicing firing spells at these things?"

"Yeah, I think so... it's supposed to stop us from firing spells at eachother." Hilary smiled like crazy.

Courtney raised an eyebrow at Hilary's smiling face, it was rather over the top. She took off her sweater and book bag and placed them both on the floor by her feet. Once Cortney was correctly situated in front of a dummy, Courtney looked over to Hilary with a smirk. "Let's see if we can hit our dummies with a spell at the same time!"

"Humm," Courtney pondered as she scratched her head with her bloodwood wand. "How about something that the 2nd years learned new? I don't really remember which spells... But you should know!"

"well I havn't tried it yet but we could always try Serpensortia... it makes a snake appear." Hilary said with an evil grin.

Courtney nodded, "Good idea, that shall be interesting." She flourished her wand once again, getting ready to attempt the spell. "Are you ready, how about we both do it on the count of three. One....Two...."

"Three, Serpensortia!" Hilary said as strong as she could flourishing her wand. The resulting snake was about the size of a worm. "Hmm, well I don't think that was right.." she said turning her head to see what Courtney had produced.

Once Hilary called three, Courtney was too caught up in Hilary's spell that she forgot to create a snake of her own. When she saw the size of the snake Hilary's wand produced, she collapsed to the ground in a fit of laughter. "Oh, Hil, he's so cute!"

"Oh hush Courtney, atleast I made a snake" Hilary said in a super joking matter. "And I know isn't he so cute! I'll name him Herbert..." Hilary also started giggling and then leaving her snake on the ground stuck her hand out to Courtney. "Let's try this again."

Courtney had finally managed to stop laughing, and stood up from the floor. She dusted herself off, after all, the floor was a bit gross. She kept her eyes on the tiny snake that Hilary produced, and watched it squirm around.

"I know exactly what to do!" Courtney said as she flourished her wand in the direction of Hilary's snake. "Engorgio!"

Hilary looked down as her snake started to grow. It did get bigger, but it looked much like a big sort of slug like thing. "Nice thought Courtney, but it looks like Herbert here needs a friend." This time thinking of snakes she flourished her wand "Serpensortia". Another snake came out of her wand, a little bigger this time but still really skinny. What it was though was super long. It didn't seem to be used to it's length though as it kept getting wrapped up in itself, almost like a gangly thirteen year old.

Courtney gave a little sneer at the new snake Hilary produced, it was as equally funny as her first. "Alright Herbert and Greg, I'm going to attempt to give you guys a friend named..." Courtney quickly flourished her wand in a position that would produce a snake a few inches away from the other two, "Serpensortia!"

Courtney watched as a snake with two heads appeared before her. "Well, I guess Svetlana has two heads," Courtney said as she realized the spell had went drastically wrong.

Hilary smiled and tried again Wow, we have to be able to make an ordinary snake somehow She flourished her wand again "Serpensortia" another snake came out and this one had no heads at all.... both ends were tails. "Okay Courtney I think Svetlana and Pierre can hang...." she was by this point giggling uncontrollably.

Courtney gasped at the new snake Hilary had produced, and attempted to control her laughter. It looked to be more of a moving log than anything. "Poor snake won't even be able to see where he's going!"

She aimed her wand at both snakes to cast 'finite'. "Hil, I think they've gotta go," Courtney said with a shrug before shouting, "Finite".

Hilary smiled "Yeah, maybe for the best... okay now would you like to try again to give Herbert and Greg a friend?? Maybe a little less mythological this time??" She giggled slightly as she turned to her friend almost daring her to make a funnier snake.

Courtney slyly grinned in Hilary's direction, preparing to create and even wonkier snake. "I accept your challenge, Miss Grace. Be prepared to meet Monsieur Bart!" Courtney flourished her wand in an exaggerated manner and shouted "Serpensortia!" in a French accent. Much to her surprise, a normal, mid sized, green snake popped out of her wand.

"Oh nice one Courtney, he looks half normal." Hilary smiled and then raised her wand once more. "And this, dear girl, is Madame Snerk, Serpensortia" she flourished her wand saying the words in an English accent. The snake that appeared was rather large and long, and wide. "Oh, well I guess that Madame Snerk is a guy snake, I think" she said sticking her tongue out..

Courtney giggled at Hilary's new snake, and peered around at all of the snakes around them. "I suppose we should get rid of these guys sometime. I mean, we can't just leave them slithering around down here, even though the Slytherin students would love it."

"Just be thankfull they are snakes and not lions.... because that could be bad." Hilary looked around at all of the snakes. "Okay, I guess you're right. Let's do it all at once."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back