Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Asaiah
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Freya had been living with Asaiah for a couple of months now, which meant that the time of her not exactly caring about quidditch was long gone. It wasn't like she had ever disliked the sport but she never felt especially drawn to it either. Sure, she went to most of the games back at school but she did that mostly to support her friends and not because she thoroughly enjoyed watching those games. Now, however, she had been living with her most quidditch-crazy friend and in wanting to be a supportive friend and roommate she had actually gotten more interested in the sport as time progressed. "I cannot believe you guys won!" She exclaimed as she entered the apartment after coming back from watching one of Asaiah's games. She hung her coat up on the rack and made her way over to the sofa, letting herself not so gracefully fall down on it and taking up the entire space. "I mean that was so close!" She continued. It had been a stressful game, to watch at least, and for most of the game it had looked like the Macaws were going to loose. Somehow they managed to turn it around towards the end and walk away with the victory after all. Freya had literally been on the edge of her seat and could actually hear her own voice being slightly hoarse from all the screaming she had done. Things between her and quidditch had definitely changed. She'd still never think about playing it herself, but she enjoyed watching it a lot more now that she had gotten slightly more invested.

He was exhausted, in pain but at the same time also feeling euphoric. It had been a really, really close match. He got injured at some point during the match, a bludger had hit his arm pretty hard, but like the stubborn fool that he was decided that it did not hurt and that he could continue playing. In truth, he could indeed continue on playing as the bludger had his left arm and not his right, but the tears in his eyes had made it kind of difficult to see at times. But that was Quidditch, that was the dangerous aspect of the whole sport. And he liked it whether it hurt him or not. With his arm now in a sling, Asaiah awkwardly took off his coat and threw it on one of the chairs nearby. ''I cannot even believe that we won,'' he told her truthfully. It was so close at some point that Asaiah wasn't sure that they would win this even if Ferrah had caught the snitch for them. Thankfully, the Macaws' chasers were better in the end. He let himself fall into one of the chairs diagonally opposite from the couch gently, making sure that the armrest wouldn't hurt his arm. He had been laughing at how excited Freya seemed to be on the way home and was still grinning about it now. It was funny to see and even funnier to hear. ''I'm glad that you had fun, though,'' Asaiah commented. ''You think you're up for more of that in the future?'' he continued to ask, still grinning widely.

Freya had been so busy being excited about their win that she had almost forgot about Asaiah's arm. The moment he got hit had looked rather painful but since he continued playing she had first thought it might not be that bad. Now they were back however she realized how stubborn her friend could be when it came to things like that. "Yeah.. How's your arm?" She asked carefully with after he had admitted that he hadn't thought they would win either. "The truth, please." She added with a small smile before he had gotten a chance to answer. She didn't want him to play it down by saying it wasn't all that bad, which he probably would if he got the chance. At least that's what she had known him to do. It sounded a bit hypocritical since she used to be like that as well. Even now she still had a habit of putting others before herself when anything was going on because as long as they were happy she would be fine. Freya smiled brightly at him when he mentioned her having fun. "I don't think I have much of a choice, do I?" She answered his question with a small chuckle. "I mean there's no way around quidditch with a roommate like you." She joked, although there was the faintest hint of the truth in there. Not that she minded that, she actually quite enjoyed herself and was still glad that she didn't have to spend ages looking for a new home after she had to leave hers.

''It has been better,'' Asaiah answered. He wanted to play it down by saying that it wasn't that bad but he noticed the way she was looking at him when she told him to tell her the truth about it. ''No, it'll be alright. I had the healers take a look at it in the changing rooms, and according to them, it should be fine within a day or two.'' These things were pretty normal to happen, though he did get hurt a lot more now that he was playing professionally, which was something he did not expect would happen actually. The beaters at Hogwarts generally aimed for the seeker, he himself included, but apparently everyone on the team was a target when playing in a professional league. He grinned slightly at Freya's answer. Of course, she wouldn't have much of a choice, he'd drag her to every match if he could. ''Just know that you can say no when you don't want to,'' Asaiah replied. He knew that he could be a little too excited about it though, and he actually liked having his friend around so did not want to do anything that would jeopardise that. He ran a hand through his hair and let out a sigh of relief of having won today. It was still a little hard to believe that the Macaws had actually pulled it off. ''Want to order food soon?'' he then asked, looking up at Freya. He was getting rather hungry now that the match was over and the adrenaline was slowly fading away.

Freya nodded when Asaiah told the truth about his arm. She was glad he did because she wouldn't be happy if he were to downplay it even when she noticed he was hurting. It was one of the few factors she didn't like about quidditch; how easy it was to got hurt. She knew it was part of the game and that some people actually enjoyed the thrill of it but if she was honest she hated seeing her friend being hurt. "Right." She nodded with the slightest hint of sarcasm in her voice. Ofcourse she knew that he wouldn't hold her against it if she chose not to go but she also knew that Asaiah would try and get her to go to as many matches as he could. "I'm actually starting to like it a lot more," Freya smiled, "Just still not a big fan of the whole people getting hurt part of it all, though" She continued honestly. She hadn't been a fan of that at hogwarts either, but in the world of professional quidditch things seemed to get a lot more rough than with student teams. And for a bunch of teenagers those could get rough. "Sure," She shrugged at his question. She wasn't feeling hungry yet but she could imagine that he would be after that game. "And since you won I'll let you choose." She continued with a smile as if she was doing him a great favour by giving him the choice of food. In reality though she was just too lazy to come up with anything at the moment so she'd be fine with anything.

He had been somewhat serious when he told her that she should tell him if she did not want to go watch him play but the hint of sarcasm in Freya's voice told him that she did not really believe him. Which was partially fair, because neither did he believe it himself. ''Well, of course, I am not going to complain if you're coming to watch the Macaws play,'' he said. Perhaps it was the fact that his parents never got to see him play and that he liked it when someone was watching him do it professionally at last. Or perhaps he wanted to show her just how good of a beater he was, since he'd been talking Quidditch to her since the very day they met one another - almost as if he needed to prove it to his friend after all this boasting even though she had already seen him play during their years at school. Whatever it was, she'd always be welcome to come and see the Macaws play. He smiled when she admitted that she was starting to like it a lot more, at least his constant talk of Quidditch was good for something. ''I don't think anyone is a big fan of getting hurt, though,'' Asaiah replied, wincing slightly when he moved his arm the wrong way. ''But I don't really have a say in this, as I do most of the hurting.'' He preferred doing the hurting rather than getting hurt, though, not being able to move his arm much, even if it was for just a day or two still sucked. ''Oh, how generous of you,'' Asaiah replied, grinning at Freya. ''Alright, I'm going to get changed into something more comfortable, I'll think of something we can order in the meantime.'' Asaiah stood up and made his way towards his own bedroom ''Suggestions are more than welcome, however,'' he told his friend before going in, leaving the door ajar so he could hear Freya in case she had any suggestions of what they could order tonight.

Freya appreciated the fact that she didn't have to come and watch the Macaws play, but then again she felt like she kind of had to. Or maybe she just wanted to. As much as she didn't like to see her friend getting hurt she did enjoy watching him play and to see how much he had improved since their days at school. Obviously he had to otherwise he wouldn't be playing professionally, but it was still nice to see. It even made her a little bit proud. She softly smiled when he said he wouldn't complain. After all, who didn't like to have some support? "I guess that's a fair point." She admitted. Perhaps by saying that she didn't enjoy watching people get hurt she had meant that she didn't enjoy seeing him get hurt and hadn't really put things in perspective. She knew it was all part of the game but she didn't recall beaters getting hurt as often back at school as they did in professional quidditch. Guess the adult world really is a long way from being at school. "I know, I'm just such a nice person." Freya joked as she fished for one of the pillows close to her feet and wrapped her arms around it when she finally managed to get it without having to sit up fully. She wasn't going to leave this couch anytime soon. "No way, the choice is your burden now! That is, if you can handle such responsibility." She called out towards his room. "I promise I'll be fine with anything."

Having an injure always reminded Asaiah of how much he actually used said injured body part and how annoying it was when he couldn't use it properly. Right now, for example, he was very much annoyed that he could not use his arm as much as he would have normally. Thankfully, it would only last a day or two, though. He rolled his eyes at Freya's response. ''Have I ever done well with holding responsibility?'' he asked his friend, knowing the answer to his question himself already. ''If I pick something that you do not like and you will start whining about it, I'll have you back out on the street again tonight,'' Asaiah joked as he walked back into the living room, still not a hundred percent sure on what they should eat tonight. When he had finally made his decision to order pizza, just because it was easy and didn't leave them with a lot of dishes, it was his turn to do the dishes after all, Asaiah made the order and waited out in the hall for the deliverer to arrive. ''Dinner has arrived!'' he said cheerfully when he entered the apartment again. Handing Freya her pizza and putting his own box down on the saloon table, he went to the kitchen to pour himself two glasses of water and said, ''Oh man, I'm starving.'' before walking back to the sitting area. ''Håper det smaker!'' Now that they were living together, Asaiah was trying to learn a little Norwegian. It was an odd language, and half of the time he thought that Freya was making fun of him as she was teaching him the words, but he knew a couple of things to say now, one of which being 'enjoy your meal'. If he was pronouncing everything right, however, he didn't even dare ask at times. Digging in, he went quiet for a moment. He was exhausted and every bone in his body was hurting, but this was nice. ''So, do you have any plans for tomorrow or are you staying here?''

"Well it's about time you learn." Freya answered his question. Ofcourse she was only joking. If she'd be serious she would say that yes, he had. He'd taken her in after she lost her home which she thought had at least been some sort of responsibility. "How dare you!" She laughed as she threw the cushion she was holding at him when he made his way back into the living room. The pillow hit him right in the face and Freya covered her mouth only to burst out laughing anyways. Good thing cushions were so soft and at least it hadn't hit his arm. It wasn't untill the food actually arrived that she realized how hungry she had gotten so she eagerly took the pizza box from Asaiah when he handed it to her. "Same." She agreed, stretching out the 'a' to exaggerate how hungry she was. "Takk." Freya smiled when he spoke Norwegian to her. She had never expected him to learn Norwegian, but she had been happily surprised when he had told her he wanted to learn the language. Even if it was just bits and pieces. "Du blir bedre." She added honestly. He actually was getting better which surprised her because she didn't think she made a very good teacher. Nevertheless she enjoyed trying to teach him some things, to help him understand the language she had grown up with. "I'm not sure." Freya shrugged at his next question. "Might grab a coffee with Leif in the morning but other than that no plans whatsoever." She had been hanging out with her brother a lot more since his graduation. Not just because he was no longer in school so they could meet up whenever they wanted, but because he was struggling and she wanted to be there for him. "What about you? Sleeping in at the very least?"

He was about to turn towards his friend to ask her something when one of the sofa's cushions hit him right in the face. Staggering, because he had not seen this coming, Asaiah looked up at his friend who was laughing at the whole ordeal. "Ah, yeah, so we're throwing cushions now? Very well." He picked the cushion up from the ground with his good arm and threw it back as hard as he could to Freya.

''I have had a decent teacher,'' Asaiah teased, grinning up at her. He thought that it was only fair that he would let her teach him Norwegian if he was going to drag her along to Quidditch games. It also helped that he got to spend a little more time with Freya as she was teaching him the language she grew up with. He liked the fact that they were able to spend more time together now that the two of them were living together. While Asaiah didn't talk to his friend as often as he would have liked at Hogwarts, she had always been fun to hang around with and had proved so again during the past few months. He listened to what she was saying while taking a bit of one of the slices of pizza. ''Tell him I said hi,'' he said after swallowing the bite. He had seen her brother whenever he was invited to hang out at the apartment with Freya and he almost liked him just as much as her. It seemed that the Odegard's were nice people, or at least the two that he knew. He shrugged when she returned the question to him. ''I don't know yet. I don't have the best track record when it comes to sleeping in. If my arm's fine tomorrow, I might go and clean to the apartment and do laundry. Do you need yours washed as well?'' Asaiah asked.

Last edited:
Freya was still trying to contain her laughter over the cushion hitting him right in the face when it flew straight back at her. "Oh no you don't!" She laughed as she somehow managed to catch the cushion. Honestly she wasn't even sure how she managed that because she was already seeing the headlines reading 'death by cushion'. "Well thank you, I'll make sure to remember that." Freya replied, although she didn't make it quite clear whether she took the comment as being positive or negative. Who knew what she'd have him say next lesson, she might just accidentally teach him some wrong words as a joke. Then again she would have to be the one to deal with him saying wrong things so that might not be a good idea. "I will." She smiled. She pretty much always told her brother hi for Asaiah though since they started living together. Even if he hadn't actually told her to tell him hi she did it anyways. She was at least glad they got along and her friend had no trouble with inviting Leif over every now and then. "Wow, that's some serious plans you got there." She responded nodding approvingly. She had been pleasantly surprised by how clean Asaiah kept the apartment when she first moved in. It had made her wonder at first if he had done it because she was moving in, but after a while she figured he just wasn't as lazy about cleaning as she might have thought. "No I'm good, thanks." Freya smiled at him, feeling somewhat lucky that she got him for a roommate because she could definitely do much worse.

It appeared that his aim with his left arm wasn't as good as it was with his right arm, as she caught the cushion rather easily. Pouting, Asaiah laughed as well after a second. She was just lucky. He smiled even though it wasn't exactly clear to him whether she took his compliment as something positive or not. While he trusted her enough to not learn him anything he might not know the true definition off, he would be really embarrassed if he'd ever say something rude to someone in Norwegian whilst he did not mean it. His parents would probably haunt him for it, too. She would probably laugh at him for it. ''You should, it's not that easy to learn, you know,'' he said, finishing another slice. He still mispronouncing certain words even though she had taught him those for hours. He could only wonder how it must have been for her to learn a whole new language. Asaiah shrugged his shoulders. ''Eh, it's nothing honestly. It's kind of my duty around the house since I have nothing better to do when I'm not at practice.'' He was actually looking forward to her returning to the apartment after a day of work, she definitely made things a lot less boring. Perhaps he should be looking for a side job.

Freya knew Asaiah would get her back for throwing the cushion at him at a time she'd least expect it, but she wasn't all too worried about it. She was also positive about the fact that even though they were joking around her friend knew she would never teach him something wrong. Even if she had the slightest thought that it could be funny she'd still not allow herself to do so. Especially not since he was interested in being able to communicate with her in her native language and was genuinly trying his best to get it right. Or perhaps he was just preparing for the trip to Norway she had promised him they would make at some point. Whatever reason, Freya admired his determination in learning the language. "I know." She smiled at him. "You're honestly doing good though." Asaiah's next words made her wonder if he actually got out of the house much whenever he wasn't at practice. She had never payed a lot attention to it, especially since she'd often be away during the day time for her own work so she couldn't be too sure of it. "Well you're always welcome to join me if you want." She put the offer out on the table as she was thinking about it. "I'm sure Leif would be cool with it. He might even appreciate some advice from someone that's not his older sister, or even a girl in general, now that his girlfriend broke up with him."

He smiled when she complimented him. It was good to know that he was doing well even though he thought that he was messing it up all the time. He honestly had Freya to thank for it, and if they did ever want to make that trip up to Norway, at least he could understand the language a little. Perhaps even have a conversation in Norwegian if he improved enough by that time. ''What kind of advice have you been giving him? I hope it's not to talk about his emotions with you? Oh, god, you did, didn't you?'' Asaiah let out a sigh. ''You know what, I should take him out for a drink, have him let it all out and just... party,'' he told her next. ''And no, you're definitely not allowed to come with.'' If Leif had just broken up with his girlfriend, well, then he needed to do something to get his mind off of it, and fortunately for him, Asaiah knew exactly what to do, as he too had only recently stopped seeing someone - if that was even what it could be called, really. Finishing the last of his pizza slices, he swallowed it away with his water. ''Right, that settles it, I'm joining the two of you.''

Freya had trouble not to let her mouth fall open at Asaiah's response and if she didn't know her friend she might have even felt a little bit insulted. "How terrible of a sister do you think I am?" She asked him as she dramatically placed her hand over her heart. Sure she had talked to her brother about emotions, but not in like a weir dramatic way. Leif and her had always had a good connection and she knew what he would or would not take from her. She also knew when he definitely wanted her to shut up. "Go ahead. I won't mind." Freya laughed when he was discussing taking her brother out for a drink and making it very clear that she would not be allowed to come. As if she wanted to. If Asaiah wanted to have a wild guys night out with her brother then she was pretty sure she didn't even want to come and see what's going on. Although she also wasn't exactly sure how she would feel about it. "Well there goes the idea of coming home to a clean apartment then." Freya joked when he decided he would be taking her up on her offer and joining them. Having him join somehow felt like a small accomplishment as she'd get him out of the apartment and allow her brother to have someone else to talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back