OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Daintree only really went to these events because he believed he had to. Part of the image of a school student was to be at the dance. He was rather disappointed in his lack of roses but he realised that in all of his rejection of the school he had not correctly pursued the friendships or the popularity that he wanted. This would need to change. He would need to involve himself. Be more involved and just general start realising that whether or not he left the school, he needed friends along the way. He needed people to spend time with, needed people to get started. He needed some friends. So he had put on a suit and he had headed to the great hall. He would enjoy this dance to some degree and then beginning working on a plan to actually become popular again. He needed money. He could throw money at it. Maybe buy the popularity that he needed. But the favouritism of his professors too. Daintree walked into the hall and found the snack table easily. He took a few things to eat and held them lightly in his hand. He was stuck thinking about his next steps. This ball could be the beginning of his campaign to be popular. He munched on the valentines related snacks with a little smirk on his features.

Jasper wasn't sure what still drew him to these events, but here he was again. The Valentine's dance was especially dumb, but there was always the chance he would run into some of his friends and have fun. Though he had a sinking feeling that more and more of them would be going with dates to these things. Jasper headed straight to the snack table, moving past a group of Ravenclaws as he rushed over to where some nice cakes seemed to be calling his name. He grabbed a slice of cake and started to dig in, only to notice Daintree standing nearby with a strange expression on his face. Jasper didn't know the boy very well, but knew him vaguely from the team. "Hey, what's up?" He asked before he took another bite of cake.

Last edited:
Daintree was pretty distracted in his own thoughts and broken out of them when a boy from the quidditch team greeted him. Daintree let a smile grace his features, forcing it to be friendly and as open as possible, ”Hey Jasper,” the boy made sure to meet the boys’ gaze and said his name purposefully, to ensure a certain level of familiarity. He knew him. Daintree knew him. He could be friendly and create good relationships with people on the team. These were like minded people, and being popular amongst the sporty people would definitely help him. ”Not much, just trying to get through the evening,” he replied with a little chuckle, a level of truth within what he said. ”Hows your night going?” Daintree followed with, putting in as much interest and sincerity into his tone as he could muster. He didn’t know Jasper all that well, but he could get to know him.

Emily was bored. She wondered down to the dance, only going to appease her mother. She sighed, heading for the snacks to see if there was anything good. She paused as she noticed to familiar faces nearby. She approached them. "Hello, boys." She gave them both a smile. "Daintree, did you like the book?" She asked, referring to the ones he'd picked up from the library the other day.

Jasper's eyebrows raised a little at Daintree's words. He wasn't the biggest fan of these events, but having to get through the evening made it sound like it was really tedious and awful. "Not a fan of dances?" He asked the younger boy. "I'm alright as long as I have snacks." He told him with a grin. "And that's one thing they're good at at these events." He took another bite of cake, then waved at Emily as she came over. He rolled his eyes and pointed his cake fork at her. "What if I say you're banned from talking about books tonight? Do you think you could do it?" He teased her.

Daintree shrugged at the older boy, ”Snacks are good,” he said in agreement, he didn’t come for the snacks but if that was something that someone else came for then he’d like them too. He away from Jasper when a girl spoke, Emily, the book girl. He let a little smile show on his features and went to nod, but the Jasper spoke before he could teasing the girl. Dain had to decided whom he would rather be the friend of. He didn’t know if it was banter between them or if the insult would upset her, ”Hey, the books she recommended were pretty good horror books,” he started with a little smirk, he hadn’t loved the book, but it had kept his attention for long enough that he hadn’t been bored for a while.He wanted to be friends with both Emily and Jasper. Emily was in his year, that was always useful and he could not get along with a teammate. Even if Dain was only an alternate. ”Do you guys know each other?” he decided to ask instead.

Emily snorted and wrinkled her nose playfully at Jasper. "I don't know, if I told you to stop staring at my cousin, could you do that?" She teased him right back, sticking her tongue out at him before turning to Daintree, "That's good you weren't bored to death by them then." She shrugged. "He's in my cousin's class, and Lily told him how I was good at telling scary stories. He didn't believe her so he challenged me. I managed to freak him out and won the bet." She chuckled.

Lily had come to a startling realization talking to Scott earlier today. She liked Jasper. As in, she liked Jasper. How could she not? But the entire thing still confused her horribly. She went down to the dance in hopes of seeing Ava. Ava was the oldest, surely she would know what to do, or what Lily should do. But try as she might, she couldn't spot the bubbly blond anywhere. She sighed, biting her lip. That was when she spotted Emily, and not seeing who the girl was talking to, Lily hurried over. "Emily!" She called, hurrying up to the girl and lightly placing her hand on her arm. "Em, have you seen Ava? I wanted to-" She started, but stopped as she saw Emily wasn't alone. She looked to the other boy, one who looked about Em's age. "O-oh, I'm sorry, I, ah, I didn't see you there." She stuttered slightly, taking a step back. And coming face to face with Jasper. She straightened, surprise on her face as a blush quickly covered her cheeks. "J-Jasper! Hi," She smiled nervously, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Jasper wasn't surprised when Daintree said the books Emily recommended were horror books. "Yeah, I know. She's all about the scary stuff." He said with a slight roll of his eyes. "Yeah, we do. I'm friends with her cousin. And her too, I guess." But then Emily said something that made him frown. "I don't stare at anyone, I don't know what you're talking about." He said quickly, annoyed by her comment. How could she have noticed? He didn't think he stared at Lily all that much. "Also, I won the bet, you said it yourself." He challenged. "Because I made it longer than you expected." He added, clear annoyance in his tone. But then Lily came up to them, and started to talk to Emily. Jasper took a small step back, letting the cousins talk while he tried to look as casual as he could. He hadn't thought he'd been acting weird around Lily, but Emily had managed to see something? Or maybe she was just joking around. Jasper laughed softly as Lily nearly collided with him, giving her a grin. "Hi." He said, nodding to her. "I was just chatting to Emily about how I totally won that scary story thing. You remember her saying I won, right?" He asked her, trying not to focus on how cute she looked in her blue dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back