Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eryk
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
You've all heard the saying, which came first? The chicken or the egg? But what do you think? Vote now! :D

Which egg are you referring to?

Through evolution, eggs existed long before chickens evolved; so this places the egg's creation prior to the chicken. However, if you are referring to a chicken egg; then our knowledge of life shows that the chicken existed prior to the creation of its egg.

Egg. It's basic genetics.
The theory of evolution suggests a slow mutation leading from a specie to an other. (I say "suggests" to be rigorous, Science never proves, it suggests things and those theories stay plausible until proven wrong. But Evolution is my strongest belief, if you are a creationist, you will disagree with me)

We know dinosaurs laid eggs, some of them were able to fly, and birds species come from them.
With this slow evolution, the first chicken (as we know it) came from an egg laid by a specie close to the chicken we know.
There is no genetic change possible between the moment the egg was laid and the moment it becomes a chicken. So, the egg was first.

I hope I explained it clearly enough, it's hard to do it in English for me!

The egg. Because it would have ivolved inside the egg first

Hillary Crespo said:
The chicken of course! The chicken layed the egg, which brought more chickens who layed more eggs. And chickens are just awesome like that.
Yeah, But you need an egg to have a chicken!

Keira Kendall-White said:
Hillary Crespo said:
The chicken of course! The chicken layed the egg, which brought more chickens who layed more eggs. And chickens are just awesome like that.
Yeah, But you need an egg to have a chicken!
It depends what sort of egg we are talking of. It would have been a gradual change and now a sudden change. Now, if we go back to the theory of the dawn of time where the single celled amoebas ruled the earth, the amoebas would have gradually changed into the early beings which could then reproduce and -some of them- lay eggs.
I could go on for hours but IMHO, I believe it was the chicken first. Well.. A form of chicken like creature which would gradually adapt and evolve and pass on those genes to its offspring which would then change also and at some point down the line, become the chickens we know today.
Of course, this theory can easily be switched in favour of the egg having come first in which case, and in all honesty, the solution is scarcely worth the headache of solving the problem.

The egg, It was probably birthed from another two animals who accidentaly created a new animal; the chicken :)

Just explaining the reason for my declaration of 'chicken', I deduced that from a Christian perspective. I don't reckon God would've made an egg first. He would have made lots of chickens, of course!

Amelie Hennion said:
Egg. It's basic genetics.
The theory of evolution suggests a slow mutation leading from a specie to an other. (I say "suggests" to be rigorous, Science never proves, it suggests things and those theories stay plausible until proven wrong. But Evolution is my strongest belief, if you are a creationist, you will disagree with me)

We know dinosaurs laid eggs, some of them were able to fly, and birds species come from them.
With this slow evolution, the first chicken (as we know it) came from an egg laid by a specie close to the chicken we know.
There is no genetic change possible between the moment the egg was laid and the moment it becomes a chicken. So, the egg was first.

I hope I explained it clearly enough, it's hard to do it in English for me!
I agree with this. ^^

Leo Shephard said:
Yeah but where did the egg come from if the Chicken never laid it?

And FYI, Adam And Eve came first. :)
But where did the chicken come from, an egg. And im more into the science of how the world was made, not a religious person

Leo Shephard said:
Yeah but where did the egg come from if the Chicken never laid it?

And FYI, Adam And Eve came first. :)
Although I don't treat the bible as fact, I'd like to point out that in Genesis, the animals were created before Adam and Eve. So, no, Adam and Eve did not come before the chicken or the egg.

I'm not one to care which came first. Since the universe and existence itself are so vast and unexplainable, the place of both the chicken and the egg in time is irrelevant to me.

Estrella Styx said:
Although I don't treat the bible as fact, I'd like to point out that in Genesis, the animals were created before Adam and Eve. So, no, Adam and Eve did not come before the chicken or the egg.

I'm not one to care which came first. Since the universe and existence itself are so vast and unexplainable, the place of both the chicken and the egg in time is irrelevant to me.

I stand corrected, the Chicken came before Adam and Eve. :) But I'm confused now, I no longer know what team I am on. Team Chicken Or Team Egg. ;)

Troy Adams said:
stand corrected, the Chicken came before Adam and Eve. :) But I'm confused now, I no longer know what team I am on. Team Chicken Or Team Egg. ;)

I'm in team Chicken !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back