Pills And Potions

Nobody Marsters

OOC First Name
Cole
There was an extremely unexpected chill in the air that surrounded Nobody Marsters. The blonde woman still had to make money, and though the temperature was below fifty she dressed and left the house. The past month she'd been able to afford her potions, but this month would be tight if she skipped even a single day of preforming. It was a shame really, as No knew that she needed some rest or she'd just become sick again. Yawning the girl searched through her bag in the inn she was staying in, but couldn't find what it was she needed. A Jacket. She spent around twenty minutes alone, looking for the jacket, and went other in her mind where it could have gone - truly unsure. Perhaps she'd left it downstairs, but if that was the case someone most likely left without it. The blonde hugged her arms tight to her chest and decided that no jacket and a little money was better than a jacket and broke - and thus exited the inn quickly and without looking back. In one hand was her violin case, which was light enough to carry one handed, and in the other was a small cup for galleons and knots, if she were so lucky to receive them.

Nobody set up her area quickly upon arriving at the Apex of the exit of Brightstone, next to a sign that pointed those leaving towards obsidian. It was the best place to play, as those entering still had money, and many exiting were in a good mood from shopping. The blonde began slowly with an old Celtic song that was simple enough to play for a warm up. The haunting sounds of the ancient violin traveled almost visibly on the wind, and within moments Nobody was moving along with her music. The movements were simple in her old beat up boots, her bangles jingling with the sound of the stings.

She had only been preforming for a half an hour or so when it hit. The sudden torrential down pour that she'd almost felt coming in her bones. It wouldn't last long, New Zealand didn't often get them as far as she'd been able to tell in her years there. The rain was heavy, and Nobody thought to stop playing, but how could she risk losing the money? So there she danced, with violin in the rain, freezing down to her bones and wishing she had the jacket she'd lost.

Landon Carter walked down the cold pathway of Brightstone Village with a large coat draped over his shoulder. He did not particularly feel the cold much living in North America but still had brought a coat with him nonetheless as everyone else seemed to be wearing one too. Landon loved everything about travelling. He loved how you only really needed to travel a little bit to see a completely different way of living and how everything had its own kind of beauty without even really trying. Different cultures had really interested Landon and he hoped that one day he'd be able to travel to every country in the world. For now, Landon was making his way down a crowded street, eager to find a shop where he could take a break and get something to eat for his rumbling stomach.

As Landon walked passed the local ice cream shop it began to rain abruptly and quite heavily and he quickly zipped up his coat and threw the hood over his head, walking faster now. The sound of a violin being played had suddenly come to his attention and he couldn't help but walk closer to the sound. Through the rain he spotted a girl with no jacket to keep her warm dancing around in the rain with her violin, not really seeming to care about the sudden change of weather. "Hey, maybe you should go take a break and find some shelter!" he shouted over the loud rainwater as he walked towards her. The rain was dripping down onto his face and he desperately wanted to find somewhere warm but he couldn't help but want to help this girl. She seemed really eager for some money and so he dropped a few galleons into her small cup. "Here, take my coat." Landon began to take off his already saturated coat and held it out to her. He didn't mind her borrowing it as he was already wearing a few layers and she really did look like she needed it more.

Nobody was unaccustomed to people approaching and talking to her for anything other than directions, or a small compliment. The blonde did not stop playing yet though, as through the music and pounding rain she had not heard clearly what it is he said. It wasn't until he approached and removed his jacket that Nobody really stopped to hear him out. His coat? The petite, pale blonde shook her head slightly. However, as she moved her head and damp water trickled from her thin hair, she shivered. It was quite cold. Nobody placed the violin at her side for a moment and decided that exiting the rain might be best for her health. Any sicker and she'd not be able to play and wouldn't be able to buy the potions she needed. Nobody grabbed the metal tankard, and then opened the violin case quickly to place the violin inside. A quick flick of her wand and a charm allowed her to sap any liquid from the items.

Standing back up she still refused the jacket though her skin was visibly littered with goosebumps. "You should keep it on. It is cold and you may get sick if you do not." She insisted. "Come though, if you'd like I will buy you a coffee for your kindness." Nobody gave a smile to the man, her thick germanic accent so obvious it was painful.

Landon didn't know what to do when the girl refused to take his jacket. He awkwardly kept holding it out to her even after she shook her head. He could see goosebumps on her arms as he watched her put the violin away and he felt extremely sorry for her, wondering why she was outside without a jacket on such a day. In any other circumstance, when it wasn't raining, he would just walk away and leave her be, but he couldn't do that to her when she was clearly so desperate and something told him that she probably needed some company.

"No, I think you need the coat more than I do." Landon said, referring to the goosebumps. He was determined to give it to her no matter how hard she refused. The man was perfectly fine without it and she was clearly not. "And you do not have to buy me anything. It would only take a simple man to lend a girl his jacket. But I will come with you out of the rain if where we are going is warm." He chuckled, desperately wanting to take shelter somewhere. He hadn't experienced such heavy rain in New Zealand before and would do anything for it not to be.

Nobody gave this man a gentle smile and blinked a few times to relieve her thick eyelashes of the raindrops that had gathere on them. "You are very kind." She spoke just loud enough for her cracking, chime-like voice to be heard over the rain. With tentative tendrils Nobody outstretched for the coat, and took the wet material in her hand. Moving her items around she worked to slip it on, and couldn't believe how much warmer it made her. She could only imagine the man had a body temperature of at least a hundred - even though that was not possible unless he were ill. Being that Nobody had issues with her anemia she had become accustomed to always being chilled no matter where she was, and for a moment she thought about what it would be like to be always warm.

Her thoughts were short lived, and she spoke once more. "Warmer, but not the warmest." The blonde pointed to an awning that outstretched from Madame Pudifoot's ice cream. It was a good place to take shelter, but also did not require her to go inside and buy things when she knew she couldn't afford them. For the stranger who offered his coat she would have, but for herself she would not. Nobody gave one more glance to the man and began walking, knowing that if she did not get out of the rain soon it would drain her energy and she'd not be able to play again when it stopped. "Thank you...." She trailed off once they reached under the awning, hoping the man would give her his name.

Landon shrugged at the comment about him being kind as he watched her put on his coat. He didn't really consider himself kind at all and was full of too much self-doubt to even think of that. It was just common sense to give a girl your jacket, or to give anyone your jacket for that matter, when they didn't have one and you did. He wanted to ask the girl why she was playing her violin in the rain but instead just followed her towards the ice cream parlour that he had walked past before. No one was obviously inside as it was probably just as cold in there as it was out so he just stood in front of the shop with the girl and nodded at her thanks. "I'm Landon. What's your name?" he asked her, hoping to make another friend on his trip to the country. It didn't seem too hard to make one at all as everyone seemed especially nice and Landon just smiled at the girl, glad that he had convinced her to stop playing and move herself from the rain.

Nobody's shaking fingers pushed her drenched locks behind her ears. Her thinning hair wasn't hard to soak, and just the few moments in the rain had done the trick. It was always ls hard to introduce herself, she thought, and so she bit her lips wondering if perhaps she'd give a different name. Why bother though? "I'm Nobody." She introduced before outstretching her hand toward him for a polite handshake. In her tribe before kisses on the cheeks were customary, but those were all women and it was different. This was a man that she barely knew.

Nobody's brown eyes averted to the cobblestone, finding dry patches untouched under the protection of the awning. The woman then looked back up at that man and smiled again. "Why is it that you are out on a day like today?" She inquired, wanting to keep the conversation going, bot as a polite gesture and to feed the loneliness that often grew as a hunger in the pit of No's stomach.

Landon didn't know what to say when the woman called herself Nobody. He wanted to tell her that she wasn't a nobody and that she really was something magnificent from what he already knew about her, but by the way she then put her hand out for Landon to shake, it was obvious that that was her real name and Landon shrugged before shaking her hand, wondering why on earth you would ever name your child Nobody. "I could ask you the same question." Landon replied, chuckling when she asked what he was doing out on such a day. "It looked like quite a good day this morning before the rain and everything so I decided to just come and take a look at Brightstone, maybe buy some souvenirs before I head back to America." he explained, wondering whether Nobody even cared about what he was doing. She was probably just trying to start conversation and Landon couldn't blame her. Besides, what else would they do whilst waiting for the rain to stop?

Nobody was happy to not have any questions about her name. It was something that was uncommon for her. Often people would reprimand her for thinking so lowly of herself, and while she did have some issues in confidence she wasn't one to think she was a nobody. She shrugged at his question, listening to his answer first. While listening she began to ring out her hair little by little, trying to warm herself up by disposing of some moisture. "America?" She asked, wondering if that was why his accent was so unfamiliar. No had never been to America. "Oh I wonder what it must be like in a country like that." She whispered for a moment, before snapping out of her dreamy expression. "I am sorry, uhm I am here to make money. It's really the only job I've found since coming here years ago." She smiled sadly at the thought of when she'd first come to New Zealand, with the love of her life. Who she thought was the love of her life. She wished she hadn't left her tribe, but she knew that no choices were in vain and her life would take her somewhere - even if she didn't know where it was. Maybe one day she'd not be so alone and travel with someone in love again.

Travelling back and forth from New Zealand and America, Landon had never really noticed much of a difference between the two countries. He had grown accustomed to both of their lifestyles so distinguishing a dissimilarity between them both of them was hard. He found that there were much prettier things to look at in New Zealand but America made up for it with its kind people and powerful magic. The man just smiled at Nobody as she whispered something to herself about wondering what America was like and hoped that one day he would be able to show her how great it really was and hopefully introduce her to all of the friends he had made whilst over there. "You don't have to apologise." Landon said, speaking much louder so he could be heard over the loud droplets of rain hitting the surface. "It can be extremely hard to find jobs, especially when you move to a new country. I was just lucky that I was already quite friendly with the people I work with before working there." He smiled. "Where did you come from?" The man didn't want to seem like he was talking about himself too much and felt like listening about the girl's past was a much better pastime than his own as they waited for the rain to cease.

Nobody almost apologized for apologizing, however she was able to catch herself by a hair, visibly stopping her mouth from moving. She'd tried hard not to be so submissive outwardly, as she knew that many took advantage of it. The blonde nodded along to what he said, knowing she'd been here since graduation - nearing a decade now. "I am from Germany. For the later years I attended Durmstrang." There were many painful memories from her years at that school, years with Yosif - the following years without that she mourned the loss of a family she needed and a family she never had. The blonde shifted weight slightly uncomfortably, a silence filled only by pounding rain. She wanted to speak more but always struggled for a good topic. "Uhm, what was the school you attended?" She inquired, politely, waiting for the rain to break and a chance to run away. She knew it was a horrible thought but social situations were not easy for the blonde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back