Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
27.94 cm Applewood, slightly springy, unicorn hair core
Lyla had spent the last week in France, enjoying the scenery and doing a little camping. Today she was spending some time in Paris doing photography. She was hoping to find some hidden spots of beauty or someone to model for her. Lyla brought her muggle camera and her magical one.

Walking in the park near the Eifel tower, she looked around in the sun. She had been to Paris quite a few times and found it just as charming each time. Lyla loaded her magical camera and put it to her eye, pressing the shutter. She was focused in on a corner of the Eifel tower.

James was crouched near the edge of the Eifell tower, trying to catch a good shot of the passerby. He enjoyed photographing the tourist life around the more famous landmarks- especially in the city of Love. He sighed, lowering his camera and running his hand through his hair. He kept thinking back to the night he spent with Angel. He shook his head to clear it and raised the camera back to his eye, scanning the crowd for anything beautiful. He wasn't having much luck. Frustration gnawed at him but he kept it pushed aside.

Looking through her viewfinder she spotted another photographer near where she took a photo. She focused hard on him as he ran his hand through his hair. Lyla watched him scan around with her camera and she pressed the shutter.

Lyla walked towards the Eifell tower, towards the other photographer. "Hello!" She said with a smile. "Any luck?" Her finger pointed at his camera.

James looked up, startled, as someone spoke to him. He smiled as he noticed the cameras she carried. "Hello," He greeted with a small smile, standing. "A bit, here and there. You?" He asked, sticking his hands in his pockets. "James." He introduced himself. "Hobby or profession?" He asked her, realizing he was talking too much. He bit his lip, trying to give her a chance to respond.

Lyla gave a shrug and a wave. "A few interesting photos. I'm Lyla." She said proudly. "It's mostly a hobby, but at one of my jobs we do sell cameras and stuff." Hoping one day to do more with photography there, she wanted to keep up with her skills.

Knowing one day she would likely work for the ministry, she wondered if photography would have a role for her there. She looked at James. "What about you? Hobby or profession?"

James listened as Lyla introduced herself and spoke. "Nice to meet you, Lyla." He told her. "Profession. I'm a photographer for a travel magazine," He smiled softly. He pointed over his shoulder with his thumb towards a small bistro nearby. "Want to chat over a cup of coffee? It's always interesting to meet another photographer." He offered. He could use a break.

Lyla raised her eyebrows in amusement. "Travel magazine? That's awesome. I love to travel." She enthused. "I take it you aren't local either then?" Lyla said, assuming he was on the job.

Her eyes followed his thumb to a small bistro. She had been in there a couple of times for a pick me up. "Sure, that'd be great." Lyla started to walk towards the bistro.

James smiled as she agreed and turned to follow her. "Nope, can't you tell? New Zealand." He told her with a shrug. "Where are you from?" He took a chair at one of the little tables, setting his camera in his bag. "I travel all over. Cairo, Romania, New York, Tokyo. I've been to most of the world's major cities." He drummed his fingers against the table, thinking over what he wanted to drink.

"I live in New Zealand as well. Auckland." Lyla said, enthused to meet somebody who lives in New Zealand as well. "I just recently moved back actually." She had spent some years in England after graduating from Hogwarts Scotland.

Lyla pulled out one of the chairs across from James and set down. Setting her camera in her lap, she picked up a menu to give it a glance. "That's amazing. I travel a lot, mostly to go camping or sailing, but I enjoy nature photography. Monuments are my next favorite thing to photograph." She looked over the menu, thinking she might get a snack.

James nodded at her words. "I live in Auckland as well," He told her. "You say you just moved back?" He didn't need to look at the menu, he already knew he wanted a coffee and a dozen Canele's. He crossed his legs. He nodded as she told him what she liked to photograph. "I like to capture moments." He told her. "A tourist laying eyes on the beauty of the Nile, lovers sharing a kiss in the city of romance," He gestured to the people around them. "There is an entire spectrum of human emotion that is just as beautiful as the wonders of nature," He chuckled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to go on like that." He motioned for the waiter and gave his order.

"That's awesome, maybe we will see each other around back home." Lyla laughed. "I did just move back, I went to school in Scotland, my mother, sister, and I moved to England after my parent's divorce. I decided to move back to New Zealand to live closer to my dad and little brother and give myself some space to pursue job opportunities." She enjoyed her mother, but she was overwhelming. Lyla understood she just wanted her to succeed, but her father didn't ask questions about magical stuff so it was easier to be around him. He didn't pressure her to get a 'real job'. "That's amazing. I bet you have taken some very emotionally impactful photos. No need to apologize, especially not about your love for photography." Lyla loved photography, almost as much as she loved traveling.

James laughed. "Maybe. Small world and all," He teased lightly. He listened as she explained she'd just come back, nodding at her story. "My siblings and I all went to Scotland as well, though all their kids wanted to go to the New Zealand chapter. Well, aside from Ember, the eldest. She's in Scotland."

James chuckled. "I have. Here's my favorite from this trip." He reached into his bag, and after a bit of shuffling around he pulled out a photo and slid it across the table. It was the silhouette of a young couple embracing before the Eiffel tower, the sun setting around them. "Do you have a favorite photo from your trip?"

Lyla looked at the photo. “That’s wonderful.” She looked at the photo under analytical lens. “I love the silhouette.” Reaching in her bag, she looked for her book of muggle Polaroids. “This is my favorite so far. Of The Louvre Museum.” The photo showed the famous museum from the bottom looking towards the sky which had fluffy white clouds and a brilliantly blue color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back