Perthro Manor

Athene laughed. "When you grow up as a daughter in a rich estate and family as old as mine, you're expected to be feminine. The essence of beauty." She made a face at the thought. "Compare my shoes to yours, for example." She swished her wand and a low draw opened in the walk in wardrobe. It was full of shoes - stilettos, high heels, expensive slippers and the odd pair of trainers. She picked out a pair of strappy, high heeled shoes. "I'd much rather be wearing leather boots, but I don't mind, really." Admittedly, she actually liked dressing up. A little. She smiled at Bellatrix and admired her lovely leather boots.
<i></i>

"I luckily...was never shown out in the open...thus...no need to be good looking..."

Suddenly, and with a very loud pop, Pip appeared between the two girls. He was carrying a tray with two cups of tea, and bowed low to the two young girls.

"Mr. Perthro is expecting you both in the Entrance Hall," he announced clearly as he straightened up.

Athene was nervous, and bit her lip. She bent down and slipped on her silver and green heels, and stood up. She was used to wearing them, even though she hadn't worn any during the year at Hogwarts. She was seven when she had attended her first formal outing, and had been taught how to walk and dance properly in them.

She hurried over to the floor length mirror and observed herself. She always tried to add a bit of color - usually green - to take away from her black and white appearance. But no matter how hard she tried, she always had the same dull, boring look about her. She didn't have a pretty face, she had a plain face. And she hated it.

She wriggled her nose and eyed her very faint freckles in disgust before turning to Bellatrix.

"I guess I'm ready," she sighed. "How about you?"

Pip dissaparated again, to return to the kitchens and help to finish with meal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back