Perthro Manor 3 - Escape from the Dungeons

Bellatrix's eyes quickly widened. "Athene! No ones dead!" Bellatrix quickly said in a happy tone. "Quickly, please don't feel ashamed but you have to tell me your greatest fear!" Bellatrix said with a great urgency in her voice hoping Athene would cooperate.

Athene looked at Bella stupidly. "My greatest fear?" she asked. "Is now really the time?" She'd never told anyone, but her greatest fear was watching someone die. She was ashamed, because if she couldn't handle that, how was she going to be a great Dark Magic wielder? How was she going to make her father proud?

But Bella sounded desperate, so mustering all the courage she could, she whispered. "Seeing death."
<i></i>

Bellatrix made a squeaking noise of glee. "sh1t yes!" she said suddenly. "I know what to do, Athene give me your wand!"

Awkwardly, Athene handed her wand, which was still lit with Lumos, to Bella, wondering what she had in mind. She stood shakily to her feet, eying the Thestral with distaste.
<i></i>

Bellatrix swiftly took the wand, and in the same stroke flicked it, confidentally shouting, "Riddikulus!" Suddenly all the 'Thestrals' slowly began to deflate leaving a mass amount of choclates on the floor. Bellatrix smiled at her work, then handed Athene her wand back.

Tufty swooped down and perched just outside the door he was sure the recipients of his letter were. While he waited, he casually buried his beak into the inside of his wing. In his possession he had two letters. They were addressed to Athene Perthro and Bellatrix Green. The letters said:
Ms. Bellatrix Green,

You have performed underage magic off of school grounds. Since this is your first offense you will recieve a warning and must report to the Hogwarts Headmistress immediately upon your return. The spells you have cast are:

Unknown Spell, causing stone to break

We will not be this lenient again.

Regards,
Eva Williams
Head of the Department for Improper Use of Magic

Ms. Athene Perthro,

You have performed underage magic off of school grounds. Since this is your first offense you will recieve a warning and must report to the Hogwarts Headmistress immediately upon your return. The spells you have cast are:

Lumos
Crucio

Due to the extreme and Dark nature of the spell cast, your punishment may be more severe.

Regards,
Eva Williams
Head of the Department for Improper Use of Magic

((OoC: According to the books, underage magic can't be detected by the Ministry if it's inside a Wizarding home or area, which Athene and Bella still are... ?))

(((Then why couldn't the Weasley boys do magic in their home? If they couldn't; you can't.)))

Tufty said:
(((Then why couldn't the Weasley boys do magic in their home? If they couldn't; you can't.)))
((But that was because they didn't know... it's the parents job to make sure that the students don't use underage magic at home. I mean, Draco Malfoy used magic at home, when he was underage, without getting in trouble :unsure: I wouldn't have started this plot if I had known, or would have been more careful about what it included.

Could we have a thread somewhere, saying that it's different to Hogwarts in England in that regard? Otherwise I think heaps of other people will probably make the same mistake.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter. It just came as a bit of a shock.

PS; Bella, they're not outside yet, so they wouldn't have found the letters XD))

Athene took the wand, staring in awe at the pile of chocolate on the ground.

"What... what were they?" she breathed, retrieving her wand and pocketing it.
<i></i>

((It's happened before on here, but this year it's only been you two. Believe it or not, most people seem to already know the rules.

When we see Draco performing magic outside of school it's in the 7th book and if you don't recall the Ministry had crumbled by that point under Voldemort's control. And even if you're going to argue the point more; an Unforgiveable Curse would be noticed even if it was in a magical house.)))

ooc: Your correct with the unforgivable thing....though....great....this happened my first year....great....well I have to go...sorry,. Athene just god mod me, I am REALLY sorry but its late here and I HAVE to go....hope this all works out.

Bellatrix Green said:
ooc: Your correct with the unforgivable thing....though....great....this happened my first year....great....well I have to go...sorry,. Athene just god mod me, I am REALLY sorry but its late here and I HAVE to go....hope this all works out.
(((Well, you may have just got lucky. Eva didn't have it on file that you've received a letter, so you will only get into trouble for a first offense. :) )))

ooc: But the ministry knows me too well! There is no way she could slip past anyone, someone would tell someone else, Alicia would even rat her out....

Athene you could also see if Alicia could keep this thread up for a few more days.... try at least.... :( bye....

((OoC: I can make it on at around 2pm my time tomorrow, Bella... If your on we can try and finish up.))

"Boggarts?" Athene let out a sigh of relief. She could recall reading about those... somewhere. At least they hadn't been real Thestrals.

She stood back, and looked at the other two doors. They were both identical.... just as tall and ornate as the first had been. She looked back at the first door, which now stood open, leading into darkness. She didn't think that that would lead them out. She lit her wand, again, with Lumos and guided it around the hall. There no windows, or none that she could see. She could imagine that it was quite late... at least morning, by now.

"The middle one next?" she suggested, grabbing Bella's hand and pulling her towards it, all anger at her friend now forgotten. They stood together in front of it, before Athene took a deep breath and pushed it open and stepped through.

A sudden chill instantly hit Athene, and she stepped back, but heard the door slam behind them. It was as black as it had been back in the hall, and Athene suddenly began to panic again. The wrong door again? She shuddered and lifted her wand, nearly closing her eyes, afraid of what they were about to see.

Branches, trees... a little bit of moss. Athene's face lit up with a smile, and she turned to Bella and hugged her. "We're free Bella! We got out!" She spun around, forgetting the cold, and that they had no where to spend the night. She was just so incredibly happy.

In her excitement, she hadn't noticed the little owl in the dark, however, Bella had, and had dropped down to examine it. Athene stopped spinning, and knelt down next to her, pointing the wand at the letter over Bella's shoulder.

"Oh, no!" she said, and her face fell further when she read her own. She looked at Bella, concerned. "When... when did I use Crucio?" her whispered voice was hoarse, and she felt tears brimming at her eyes. She could guess. "Oh my god...Bella, I didn't?"

(((Quick interjection: I realize my post may have come off a bit harsh and I apologize for that.)))

ooc: Your fine.

Bellatrix looked at Athene, her cold eyes sunken. "Not again...." she muttered. "And yes....yes....you did.....it was fine...Loki never got the satisfaction he wanted, I showed no pain...."

"Oh, God. Oh, God..." Athene sunk so that she was resting her back against the closed door which stood out on the hillside, even in the night, like a sore thumb. The hill was covered in bush, but Athene recognized it now as the bush at the bottom of the hill that her manor was on. Despair struck her suddenly and painfully, as she realized that had nowhere to go.

"Bella, we have to ge out of here. Loki might come looking when he realizes that we're gone..." she trailed off, unsure. No one knew what Loki would do, because the mad old man was so completely insane that his actions were impossible to predict.

"We'll go to my Uncles," she decided suddenly, with new hope. "He'll know what to do!" She stood up, and noticing that the owl was still there, smiled. "We'll send him a letter, if the owl is willing, and he can come and get us. I don't want to risk using any more magic, or I'd summon us some brooms."

And with that, she took out a piece of parchment and a quill, for she always had them on her, and asked Bella to hold her Lumos lit wand (which, conveniently, she couldn't turn off without using 'Nox', another spell.) She drafted a quick letter which she addressed to her Uncle.

<i></i>

Dear Uncle Thanatos

I'm writing to ask a huge favor, although one that I sincerely hope that you can achieve. A friend and I have run away from Perthro Manor, after an argument with your father. I know you understand.

If you could come and collect us, from the North-West end of our estate, we would be most grateful.

Your Niece

- Athene

She then ducked down next to the owl, and attached the letter. "You don't mind, do you?" she begged. "I know you're not my owl, but we really need your help." With a flurry of wings, the owl took off into the night. Whether returning to the Ministry, or going to Thanatos, she had no idea, but she hoped it was the latter.

"And now," said Athene, turning to Bella, "we wait."
<i></i>

Bellatrix sighed in the darkness of the night. And after what seemed like hours of silence she softly said to Athene. "I...I am so sorry...."

"For pissing you off....you’re my friend...and I should have put your needs before my own....weak....pitiful mentality...."

Athene sighed, and looked away. "I just don't understand you, Bella. Why did you give up? Why did you change. I don't know you anymore."
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back